WW Food and Point Issues - How to feed men on WWPP

View Full Version : How to feed men on WWPP

Paust001
09-15-2011, 07:04 PM
Hiya,
My boyfriend and I are trying out the points plus plan together and he is completely baffled as to how to use his daily 45 points. He usually eats a lot of fruit and veg, and most of the meals I prepare are fish or very lean protein. He struggles to get to even 35 points in a day and is feeling like he may as well just eat some junk to get to his daily points total. He hasn't been overly hungry, and is irritated that I keep trying to force food on him so that he eats enough points. Any ideas on how to reconcile this so that he follows the program correctly but is not feeling like he has to stuff his face?

christine123
09-15-2011, 07:17 PM
I've never believed you need to eat when not hungry to get to a certain "points" number or calorie number or what have you. People have blown the starvation mode myth out of the water and it's over-used and poorly understood. When his body is hungry for more, it will let him know. For now, he should embrace the low appetite because I have gone through periods like that as well, and eventually, my appetite returned with a vengeance, as is the case with many people! I wish my appetite left never to return. No need to eat when not hungry. So counterproductive to every bad habit we are breaking ourselves of.

QuilterInVA
09-15-2011, 09:41 PM
As long as he is getting in at least 29 points and all has 9 GHGs every day that is okay. Need 29 points for adequate nutrition. WW allocates 5 servings of fruits and vegetables into the program. If he is eating more and can't eat his daily points, then he is eating too many of them.

Lovely
09-16-2011, 10:53 AM
There's never a need to force yourself to eat when you aren't hungry... BUT there are ways to get in more points without increasing volume too much.

The following foods will bump points:

Whole fat dairy products (instead of Fat Free ones)
Nuts (1 oz is often 5-6 points!)
Peanut Butter/Nut butters (2 tbsp is 5 points!)
Whole wheat breads (healthy and thick with grainy goodness)
Avocados (Also guacamole)
Daily oils (the servings of healthy oils can add two or three points to a day)

All healthy ways to boost Points intake without adding too much "weight" into the stomach.

tinabinabop
09-18-2011, 08:02 PM
I don't eat all of my points everyday but I am consistently losing. My leader said as long as I am meeting the good health guidelines I am ok. Some days I don't even get 29 points in, but I'm still getting the healthy oils, fruits/veggies and liquids. Water hinders my appetite a LOT so if I drink a lot during the day my point levels are really low. It all boils down to making good choices.