Mini-Goals - 50 pounds in EXACTLY six months!!

View Full Version : 50 pounds in EXACTLY six months!!

fatferretfanatic
09-07-2011, 10:40 AM
So, on March 7th, I started my journey. It sure has been a journey! I'm only half way to my first goal, but I did it in the exact time frame I wanted. I am very pleased. I have had some hard times emotionally-my husband is coming home from Navy basic training due to medical issues even though he so badly wanted to be in the navy, which was heartbreaking for both of us; him because he wanted to be there, and for me because I saw him work exceptionally hard to get there. So, he'll be coming home in a few weeks. But, you know, after I get this 100 pounds off, maybe I'll just join the Air Force or Navy so that one of us could at least serve.

In this six months, I went from doing zero exercise , smoking more than a pack a day (not completely kicked, but on it's wayyyy down, to like less than one cigarette a week on average), emotionally I was rock bottom. Now, I am the complete opposite in all these aspects. My first post here was a pathetic cry for help to myself. It was so hard, the first few months. I started running. My first big goal was 1.5 miles, and I completed it in the first month through diligent hard work and crazy effort. I can now run like 7 miles, but I maintain a long run of about 5-6 miles because I decided that I should probably run a lot before I start working on doing a marathon like I originally planned. Before, I couldn't run for more than 30 seconds at a time, and all 268 pounds of me cried out in pain every day. I also started doing kettlebells, which have helped me feel more toned and make me more strong. I am now on my way to pressing a 44 pound kettlebell regularly for my workout, and I can use the 44 for swings. I did start with the 35, but I've made a lot of progress. I can also do snatches with my 26 pounder, and that's a real accomplishment as well. Anyway, this forum also helped a ton. I haven't been around a ton the last month, but I thought I'd let you all know where I am at.

Here are some pics!

Before: Around January of this year. I'm in the middle of my cousin and sister in law
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d52/GwenCinnamon/149851_460526678175_502063175_5719770_7629321_n.jp g
Here's a face one that is from last summer, around 260 pounds or so, maybe more.
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d52/GwenCinnamon/tealgwen.jpg

Now, at 50 pounds loss today: http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d52/GwenCinnamon/gwenmirror.jpg

And one of the face. No makeup, sorry all. But, you get the idea.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d52/GwenCinnamon/face50.jpg

Matilda08
09-07-2011, 11:21 AM
WTG you should be very proud!!

KDM322
09-07-2011, 12:15 PM
WTG GIRL!!! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!! Thats amazing progress in 6 months!!! What food plan are you following???

fatferretfanatic
09-07-2011, 12:18 PM
I just reduced my cals-for the first few months, I stuck to about 14-1600 cals, but these days I eat nothing less than 1500 and am usually around 1600-1800, and stick more toward a protein based diet with lots of veg, but I'm not opposed to carbs within my calories for specific things.

fattymcfatty
09-07-2011, 12:25 PM
Your double chin has vanished! I bet you don't miss it! Sorry about the hubs, you know what they say though, one door closes and another opens!

fatferretfanatic
09-07-2011, 12:36 PM
I totally don't miss that double chin. ^_^ I am so glad that it's gone! And yes, I am looking on the bright side. He really wanted it, but you know, we're both extremely excited to see each other in the near future.

ChickieChicks
09-07-2011, 01:53 PM
congrats! I bet you feel SO GOOD!

April Snow
09-07-2011, 02:17 PM
congrats - you look great and I'm super impressed by work out desciptions!!

fatferretfanatic
09-07-2011, 03:02 PM
Thank you very much! The workout was initially hard, but it's nothing I can't handle now, only now I can do more!

MsWannaBSlim
09-08-2011, 11:38 AM
That is so fantastic! Congratulations. It's a real inspiration to see that people can get fit and slim down without starvation. Thanks for sharing the story! Enjoy that new bod! :carrot:

preshe
09-08-2011, 12:24 PM
That's great! Congrats :)

mamato2boys
09-08-2011, 05:33 PM
Congrats girl!! You look awesome!!!!!

Lovely
09-08-2011, 07:01 PM
Bravo! Encore! :D

:cp: Amazing job. And just LOOK at the difference in those pictures! WoW! Keep it up ^^

StephInLA
09-09-2011, 03:46 PM
We joined this site at about the same time and I've read a lot of your posts. I'm so happy for you. You look beautiful and I'm loving those new cheekbones! Congrats on all the good work. You look stronger and a lot happier.

fatferretfanatic
09-09-2011, 04:16 PM
Thanks, guys. And Steph, you have lost quite a bit yourself!! Pat yourself on the back for being awesome, and thank you for the wonderful compliments.

indiblue
09-10-2011, 12:04 AM
Congrats, ferret!! What a HUGE difference. You lost a ton in your stomach- hope you're enjoying your new figure ^_^

And it's great you've been able to really focus on cardio AND strength in your regimen. A great example for the rest of us.

Sorry to hear about your husband. If he wants to serve the country maybe there are a lot of other options- AmeriCorp, Teach for America, etc. I know it's completely different from the military so maybe it's not what you or he is looking for. My fiance serves overseas in a different capacity and I think there are tons of ways to do public service. I don't know, just a thought. Good luck to both of you!! :hug: