Exercise! - Is anyone else on Fitocracy?

View Full Version : Is anyone else on Fitocracy?

summershine
09-05-2011, 07:35 AM
www.fitocracy.com

I just signed up today and it looks pretty fun :D

Still going through the forums... I love the points system! For the first time.... probably ever, I actually thought running (to do one of the quests) might be a good idea... until I remembered how out of shape I am! But meh, I'll get there...it wouldn't be a quest if it wasn't difficult ;)

Im summershine on there too....anyone else got an account? ^^

CyndiM
09-05-2011, 08:44 AM
How long did it take you to get an invite code? It definitely looks like fun. I need some new challenges to keep me energized. thanks!

summershine
09-05-2011, 09:58 AM
after waiting impatiently for my invite code, i just stalked their facebook page until i found this link:

http://ftcy.co/jMSLsG

hopefully it'll work for you too ^^

hhaffner
09-05-2011, 12:26 PM
if you need a code Sarge's bootcamp here on the forum has a group and they can give you a code.

I know sarge has posted the code on the forum before so just do a search and you should find easily

hhaffner
09-05-2011, 12:29 PM
summershine

I recently join it too. I really like the point system too and the quests that appeal to the competitive side of people.

summershine
09-05-2011, 11:35 PM
Ooohhh cool! I just joined Sarge's bootcamp group :)

Gabe
09-06-2011, 02:24 PM
I'm on there as AngeloftheLord. I'm out of invites, though :-(.

Janel83
09-07-2011, 07:14 PM
I want an invite code please!

Somni
09-08-2011, 10:14 PM
I signed up for an account the other day! I'm fauxliage on there. There should be a 3 fat chicks group or something. :)

FitGirlyGirl
09-08-2011, 11:41 PM
I just joined tonight and will try to explore some tomorrow if I have time. I used fitgirlygirl for my user name there too.

peanutt
09-08-2011, 11:48 PM
I signed up for an account the other day! I'm fauxliage on there. There should be a 3 fat chicks group or something. :)

There is! http://www.fitocracy.com/group/675/

:)

ladolcevita26
09-09-2011, 12:00 AM
@summershine, thanks for the link!

my screenname is the same there as well: ladolcevita26 :)

Somni
09-09-2011, 08:30 AM
There is! http://www.fitocracy.com/group/675/

:)

Oh oops. :) Thanks!

Slammer
09-09-2011, 04:09 PM
I'm on Fitocracy. My username is Slammer there, too! I just discovered it today-- it looks like a lot of fun.

slowrunner
09-13-2011, 06:23 AM
I'm so excited about Fitocracy! I've just joined as well (summershine's link worked!) - hope to compete with you all soon! You can find me as slowrunner there also. :carrot:

stellarosa27
09-13-2011, 04:47 PM
Pardon the ignorance, but what is it ?

Thinsole
09-14-2011, 10:40 PM
I'm on fitocracy under Thinsole. I just joined today. I'm already having a blast.

tinneranne2
09-16-2011, 07:06 PM
I just joined (as tinneranne2) and immediately found the 3FC group. :)

Did 100 crunches & 100 oblique crunches. :cheer2: :cheer2:

Jade235
09-30-2011, 03:08 PM
Wow, I just signed up and I can see that this could be the motivator I was looking for! I like the points system and it seems easy to follow. I am in the New Members group, looked for Sarge's but couldn't find it. Thanks for the Facebook link, that helped a lot!

kakers
10-03-2011, 02:53 AM
awesome... just joined. Wishing there were more quests though... do more open up as you climb levels? I'm also disappointed at how many are activities I have no intention of doing (for example bench presses and other things requiring exercise machines.) or cannot do (My bicycle is 500 miles away, so I can't bike around my neighborhood.)

But I can still log what I can do, even if the quests seem less valuable than I had hoped.

~Katy

KellyAF
10-03-2011, 01:01 PM
I'm on Fitocracy... I have only been logging my stuff, and posted a couple time in the forums. I still need to figure
out all the proper names for all the stuff I am doing because I have not been logging all the stuff I have been doing
with Power 90. And all the jargon they throw around over there is a bit confusing to me, but I log what I can. I got
an invite from a friend so I did ot have to wait for an invite code YAY! lol I am KellyAF there as well if anyone cares
to follow me. I'm glad I found this thread though... I need a few more people to follow! lol

Somni
10-03-2011, 01:48 PM
awesome... just joined. Wishing there were more quests though... do more open up as you climb levels? I'm also disappointed at how many are activities I have no intention of doing (for example bench presses and other things requiring exercise machines.) or cannot do (My bicycle is 500 miles away, so I can't bike around my neighborhood.)

But I can still log what I can do, even if the quests seem less valuable than I had hoped.

My brother was already doing c25k so those quests were pretty valuable in getting him started with strength training but without a gym membership (just has a small fitness room in the main office of his apt complex) he's been able to get a few done but he's pretty limited with what he can do. But I like that it got him thinking about doing things he wasn't otherwise doing.

I think I read the other day that they just hired/assigned someone to just work on quests, come up with new ones, etc. So here's hoping some more pop up soon!

kakers
10-03-2011, 04:22 PM
My brother was already doing c25k so those quests were pretty valuable in getting him started with strength training but without a gym membership (just has a small fitness room in the main office of his apt complex) he's been able to get a few done but he's pretty limited with what he can do. But I like that it got him thinking about doing things he wasn't otherwise doing.

I think I read the other day that they just hired/assigned someone to just work on quests, come up with new ones, etc. So here's hoping some more pop up soon!

I just have no interest in doing, for example, bench presses (there's a number of quests involving those) or anything involving weight machines. I have a gym membership, I use it to swim. I can't work out for the sake of working out, it just doesn't work for me. I hope they come up with more quests that can be done by people who like to have fun with their workouts.

~Katy

Kittenmancer
10-15-2011, 10:00 AM
Just snagged up an invite code from their Facebook page and made an account, already level 5, woooo! I'm Kittenmancer there as well and joined the 3FC group.

Mikan
10-16-2011, 02:01 PM
Just got an account from this post. Thanks guys!! My username is Seafoam. I was waiting for a while. Not sure how I like it yet, but it seems fun. And what is wrong with the weight machines at your gym? They won't bulk you up, but will help you create tone, definition and lean muscles that will burn extra calories throughout the day even when you're not working out! "Never say never" as they (or now Justin Bieber) would say.

GoldenDoodler
11-04-2011, 05:27 PM
I'm hearing more and more stuff about Fitocracy (though not so much of it on 3FCs as elsewhere) and I am getting curious to check it out. Does anyone have a spare invite code? Does it let you put in doing workout videos like Jillian Michaels?

mayness
12-06-2011, 05:49 PM
I realize a) this post is kinda old and b) I haven't actually posted anything here at 3FC in like 6 months. :p But if you wanna follow me on there, I've got the same username. And if you want an invite, let me know.

SweetSteph
08-04-2012, 03:18 AM
Old thread, but I just found this app and so far I am really liking it!! Anyone still tracking workouts on there or doing the quests? How do you like the app/site? Making workouts somewhat of a competition is motivating! It doesn't look like you can track food on there so I will still stick with myfitnesspal. But I could use more friends - can never have too much support! my username is s_taylor19 on both