Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 09-03-2011, 06:39 PM   #1  
Delfin is Dolphin

S/C/G: 259/213/145

Height: 5'6

Default So I asked my mom to buy me a shirt...

During my grandfathers birthday celebration we had all planned go stay in to watch the LSU game, She went out with my aunt and uncle to go pick up shirts for everyone in the family. The issue is when she comes home she starts showing off all the adorable shirts she had purchased for herself and my younger sister, very cute girly shirts and a outfit jersey with athletic shorts for my younger brother. She then pulls out a mans XXL shirt and says this was for me. I've lost over 45 pounds and fit perfectly well into a XL womans top, I asked if she had looked and my aunt states they chose it for the "fabric". I got really upset and I don't know if I should honestly be upset or should I just get over it. I tried on the shirt and it goes about to my knees. Im hurt because she didn't really think about my feelings and I'm pissed because I gave her the money to pay for it and she won't pay me back and it's not returnable.
CupHolderPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 06:59 PM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Then use it as a nightgown, or cut the shirt so it fits, but looks like it's meant to be cut.

Buying clothes for people, even family, can get touchy. We buy it too big, they think we meant it as an insult. We buy it too small, they can't wear it and are disappointed.

They probably could've asked what size you wanted, but at the same time you could've made sure to say "Get me [size] shirt."

Just remember that sizes are very strange, and hard to pick out for someone else. If there's a next time that she's going out to get you a top or jeans or the like... be sure to write down what size on a piece of paper and give it to her.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 07:45 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 289/274/147

Height: 5'7"

I would let it go. Chances are, they didn't know what size to get and thought if they went too big, it would still fit but if they went too small, you'd be embarrassed. Let it go. Next time you ask someone to buy you clothes, tell them what size. Don't expect them to guess because they just can't win.
98DaysOfSummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 08:12 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 333/T/190

Height: 5'4

Can you cut the sides and tie knots in it? I know it sounds funny but you could probably Google it and see what I'm talking about. That way its cute and fitted.
abbysue715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 08:22 PM   #5  
Being Me-Inside and Out

S/C/G: 259/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

I agree with deconstructing it. Cut the some off the bottom and then at the seam where the arms attach to the main body,make an inverted triangle. You can used ribbon to lace it up, which would look awesome. If she says anything, u can tell her, "well, it was HUGE. What do you want?" Make is a fashion statement honey! I bet people would want one as cool as urs!
sheramama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 08:39 PM   #6  
pursuer of joy

S/C/G: 198/170ish/160-???

Height: 5.6 on a tall day

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbysue715 View Post
Can you cut the sides and tie knots in it? I know it sounds funny but you could probably Google it and see what I'm talking about. That way its cute and fitted.
My daughter did this to a T she bought at a concert b/c all they had was a larger size than she wanted. The shirt looks great on her. Do it!!!!
124chicksinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 09:31 PM   #7  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Height: 5'6"

I've been in this situation so many times. I never get why so many people feel the need to buy me clothes as gifts?

My parents, especially, and it's so frustrating because, honestly, just telling a size NEVER works because I have the type of body where I really need to try something on even at a healthy weight (and anyways sizes vary SO much between stores! ). I know they mean well but I'd really just prefer a card or gift certificate or a nice book. The hardest is that sometimes they've boughten clothing items at stores that we don't have locally and I have no way of taking them back.

Is it something that could be altered? I'd probably go that route.
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 04:17 PM   #8  
On a Mission

S/C/G: 246/193/169

Height: 5'9"

Alter it or Donate it! You don't have to just accept it and try to be happy with it. If it's not right for you, fix it or get rid of it and never leave her in charge of your clothing again! You deserve better! You deserve to walk around in something you like that is complimentary to your body shape, even if she doesn't know how to dress you!

Last edited by 4star; 09-04-2011 at 04:19 PM.
4star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 03:16 PM   #9  
Delfin is Dolphin

S/C/G: 259/213/145

Height: 5'6

Default Thanks you guys!

I did end up cutting it and doing the ties on the side!
Very cute : )

I posted this very near the time that it happened, and I really appreciate your guys help. They didn't mean to be offensive and I just guess its one of those

"I dont weigh that much anymore"..but I did weigh that much at one point in time and that is the size she would have to get me 6 months ago.

I guess it just lets me see my progress in a better light.
CupHolderPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 08:29 PM   #10  
On a Mission

S/C/G: 246/193/169

Height: 5'9"

Good for you!
4star is offline   Reply With Quote