Old 09-02-2011, 09:20 AM   #1  

Default Steel Magnolias #42

Good morning to you all. I am taking Jack to get a haircut in just a few minutes. It has been fun trying to wash a 6'2" man's hair over the sink because he cannot take a shower until his stitches come out next week sometime. He feels good and looks good and is getting around just fine.

We had a good time with the kids last night. Alicia's cousin from Guadelahara is visiting them and is such a cute and sweet girl. She speaks perfect English, is 15 and in high school. She goes back home later this month I guess. Jackson followed Thomas around last night asking him a bazillion questions and Thomas showed Jackson some fun stuff on his Ipad. He has this thing where he can make this robot on the screen or a cat, repeat back anything you say to it and Jackson loved that. He told Thomas "You are my best cousin friend!" Thomas is so very sweet with him not getting bored with him and such. We have our own little Justin Bieber going as his hair is pretty long now. He went to his first dance yesterday afternoon, can you believe it????

Jean: Thomas takes cooking lessons with his parents all the time and some of them by himself as well. I think he really likes cooking and boy will it serve him well when he gets older.

Maggie: We have been hotter than blue blazes here too. I actually look forward to a bit of cooler fall weather, but not until we get back from vacation so the swimming pool is nice for Jack as it is outdoor at the hotel.

It is a countdown to vacation now with only two weeks. We are so looking forward to it and to getting away from everything.

Continue to pray for Missy Gandy, the friend of my dd's. This poor young woman has colon cancer that has invaded her female organs. Her surgery I think is next week and they are going to have to remove most or all of her colon, a hysterectomy, I don't know the technical name, but her vagina is going to have to be removed too. She has gone through tons of chemo and radiation. It is the sadist thing I have ever heard of. She just went to the dr for treatment of Celiac disease, which is a colon problem, and the dr she saw had people with this do a colonoscopy. Her tumor was so large in her colon they couldn't even to the procedure and she had no idea and had no symptoms. She is now fighting for her life and her wellness. She has a young daughter around kindergarten age I think she is and is only 38 years old.

Well gals, time to take off. Have a great weekend. Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 04:09 PM   #2  
Thin Within

Talking Finally Friday

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

I don't know and haven't figured out what it is about this room that makes me sneeze a couple times when I come in here. We yanked up the carpet and put that neat wook look floring down and still something makes me sneeze. It is supposed to be in the low 90's here this day and they say we will be starting a cooler trend and no more triple digets. I sure hope that is the case. Will is installing a new shelf in my recently acquired bakers shelf which will house an appliance that is too large for my cupboard. AKA the thing that cuts the bags and sucks out the air of plastic bags that go into the freezer here. It is a wonderful appliance and I use it often so it needs to be redily acessable. I have been on a quest to find a certain kind of small bbq thingie that will ride nicely in the Jeep. I used to have one years ago purchased from a sailboat shop that was called a Scotch Box used mainly by the boating crowd for it came in stainless. But I guess they don't make them anymore for they have trick ones that bolt to the railings of boats. However for the camping folks, I have located what they call a Tool Box Grill that is black metal and practically the same but maybe better for it has a shield on the bottom that doesn't ruin or burn a plastic or wood table. It comes in either charcoal or gas models. The charcoal one uses fewer bricketts as other small grills do. They also have two different sizes. We prefer the charcoal burning one so that is the one I will be getting. We don't always go where there is a permanent grill to cook on so this will be just the ticket for us especially since it won't burn what it sits on. And the top closes up and latches like a tool box. We would hate to start a somewhere. I just reached for my coffee and then duh realized Will was just in here and snagged it for he is going to the coffee shop and will bring back my favorite for me. We just finished a late lunch which consisted of one of Schwans 6P+ breakfast English Muffin-egg-sausage-cheese sandwiches, sliced peaches & Spicy V8. The dogs went to the vet this morning and the reason Beanie's right eye waters so much is because his bottom eyelid turns under. The Doc said if it gets like it is watering mucus insted of the clear stuff then he can operate and fix it and it is more common problem with dogs than folks realize. Right now both dogs are happily chewing on beef rib bones Will got at the feed store that always has neat doggie treat things. Well now our Jeep is really needing the work. New radiator, thermostat and water pump. What was going wrong earlier put these things in hurt mode so now they have to be replaced. The domino effect. One part showed the weakess in a part and another part then another part and now look what we have. Those dealer folks have been real nice to us though. Put in a part that was $600 and didn't charge for it or for the labor us and give us a vehicle to use with no charge. I am wondering if when the Jeep was first built they used inferior parts. We just may get it back next Tuesday. And then what I am wondering for it has always been something since this started. Hopefully this will fix it back to exact. The mechanic is just scratching his head and talking to the big muckie mucks of Jeep.

DONNA FAYE That is super that Jack's knee is like it is now. Will is tall like that and I can just see me trying to wash his hair ~ OH but he doesn't have any for he keeps his head shaved. Now that would make it easier don't ya think. Thomas is such a sweet kid to tolerate the younger cousin as he does. Smart bunch you have there. I feel so sorry for Missy and her family. She sure has had a lot on her plate.

Have a great day Magnolias.

Last edited by Maggie; 09-02-2011 at 04:14 PM.
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 10:42 PM   #3  

"Gma" -- It's good to know that Jack is doing so well after surgery. I'm sure that Thomas gets a kick out of Jackson's hero worship. It's too bad they don't live a little closer so the kids could get together more often. I do hope that Missy will be in good hands during her surgery and post operative care. She really has more than her fair share. That is so sad.

Maggie -- I do hope your Jeep is fixed properly and the sooner the better! The Tool Box Grill sounds interesting. It has continued to rain off and on all evening; I'm hoping tomorrow will be sunny and warm for the kids to be at the lake.

Susan -- How are your ears tonight? Better, I hope.

Gail -- What are your plans for the long weekend? I hope Wayne has a long weekend too.

I'm heading off to watch the news and then bed. Tomorrow I have to make baked beans and bars for Jason on Sunday. I got my laptop so need to work on the gift shop deposit tomorrow so I can visit the bank before noon.
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 11:05 AM   #4  

Good morning everyone. I have already been out and about getting more ice. I want to kill Jack! His dr told him he only needed to wear the cooling contraption until yesterday afternoon so he took it off. Last night after we got home from dinner, he decided he needed to wear it some more. I had already put it all away and I was out of ice except for a tiny bit and what was in the ice maker container, which was full. I was so mad at him for not saying something before we got home last night and I refused to go out again. I loaded him up with the ice we had in the house and used cold water from the fridge instead of tap water. So, I had to get up early and go and get more ice first thing this morning.GRRRRR! I asked him how much he wanted me to get and reminded him I was NOT going again to get ice so he better plan on what he wanted to do.

We are going over to Kelly's around 11:30 to spend the day with the kids. I think they all are going swimming, but my female problem has gotten so bad I am not sure I should even try to go swimming. I do have a dr appt, but couldn't get in until Oct 3 so unless I am in jeopardy and need the ER I am going to have to deal with it. I have a feeling I know what she is going to tell me at this point so I am trying to get my mind around having more surgery. I already look like a crossword puzzle!

Jean: I know, I wish the boys lived closer together, but they sure enjoy each other when they get together. It won't be long until Thomas will have gone past what he can do to entertain him, but for the moment he is so wonderful and patient with Jackson. Jackson has gotten so tall since February and he is so funny. He is just at that age that asks funny things or says funny things.

Maggie: Fortune got the sneezes last night and it took forever to get him calmed down to sleep. So, I am pooped again this morning. I sure do look forward to vacation with no medical issues, no running around, just relaxing.

I have started my sister's socks for her birthday and have been working some more on my sweater. For now, that is all that is on the horizon as I have caught up with everything, which is amazing!

You gals have a nice weekend. I need to get back to work and get more chores done. Faye
Old 09-03-2011, 12:38 PM   #5  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

Hi everyone!

Well. Here I am! Plans change drastically sometimes. The new car is going on "hold" for now because hubby doesn't have a job. That's right. How many has it been now since the Chrysler plant closed down? We'll be fine but we're regrouping right now. Thank goodness for our pensions! And savings!

So now we're walking together at the park. THAT is a good thing because he gets me out there to do it.

I'm still on track. Yaaay!

The holiday weekend is being celebrated tonight at my house. We're grilling steaks, corn on the cob, salad, garlic bread. The kids are helping out with the food. I can't wait to hear my grandson who is 4 talk about his school (pre K). The older grandkids will not be with us; they are spending this weekend with their dad. But I see them all the time and though they will be missed I'm glad they are spending quality time with their other grandparents (they are very nice people) and their dad (don't ask--he's not a nice person).

Donna, don't know what to tell you about Jack! But he is better, right? I know you are taking care of him but take care of yourself also.

...gotta go but will be back...
GailR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 01:37 PM   #6  
Thin Within

Talking Sunny Saturday

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

We had quite the hard coming down rain last night and today we are slated for isolated T-Storms and to be in the high 80's this day. I can deal with that. Not much on my ticket this morning as of yet for I am moving at a snails pace. Waking up slowly and sipping my coffee. Life is good. I have one of those little smoker pans where you put in some wood shavings and smoke food on the top of the stove. I haven't used it here inside yet because of the electric range but the directions say I can so I am going to give it a try. It can also be used on the bbq grill. They make two different sizes and I have what they call the Camerons Gourmet Mini Smoker. Looks like a sheet cake pan with a sliding lid and long removable handles on one end. You put the wood chips on the bottem inside and then put a drip tray on top and a wire rack over top of that then your food on that. I have a variety of wood chips: alder, apple, cherry, hickory, oak, and pecan. My mother had a smoker, the larger size, for they have made them for years and years and we had nice stove top smoked whatevers on occasion. I have just been resistant to use it on this stove but I am feeling brave today. I will smoke something come Monday. We are going to grill some steaks this day. I have got to tell you about smoked potatoes. Cut washed baking potatoes into 3/4 inch slices, leaving the skin on. Put them on the rack and sprinkle with lemon pepper then smoke them for 45 minutes and they are the earthiest tasting potatoes with perfect texture that you could ever imagine. Smoked with apple wood chips. YUM. Smoked shelled boiled eggs are yummy too. They only have to be smoked for @7 minutes for they are already cooked. I could go on but I will stop with it now. OH - and there is smoked cheese.

DONNA FAYE Well I certainly hope Jack doesn't need that ice thing a-ma-job much longer. But since he has it and needs it then he should use it. I hope that your problem gets fixed finally after vacation and on your vacation you aren't plagued by it. That must make you so miserable.

GAIL Without a job once more, poor Wayne. I know he must feel rotten about it but he will certainly be one that can get another sooner than most. In the meantime it is good that you have your pensions and savings to get you through these tough times. On the up side you now have a walking partner.

JEAN & SUSAN How are you this fine Saturday?

I need to go round up some lunch then re-aquaint myself with my smoker recipe collection and decide what to smoke come Monday. Type at y'all later.
Old 09-03-2011, 03:50 PM   #7  

Good Afternoon, Flowers! It is cloudy and gloomy in my corner of the world; we've had rain showers off and on all day. I spent most of the morning figuring out the gift shop daily sheets, entering the information on the computer, and getting the bank deposits which we do by the week. I got the same totals three different times so I hope the bank agrees with me. The bank is starting Saturday hours . . . Sept. 6th after I made a special trip into town.

I've decided my oven doesn't work right! When I've baked things they always get done on one side first. So thought I would be smart and put several thermometers scattered around to check. Sure enough the back runs almost 10 degrees hotter. So I dug out the book and decreased the temp by 10. Well, the bars didn't bake in the alloted time -- soupy! I kept adding time so have no clue how they will taste but at least they aren't more done/dry on one side than the other because I turned the pan around half way through the baking time.

"Gma" -- I don't blame you for being irritated about Jack needing more ice. Men! It's nice that you can go to Kelly's and spend the time with your family. How many days until you leave on vacation? I know how anxious you are for that!

Gail -- I'm so sorry about Wayne's job! Was he the only one to be let go? I hope that something new will come up asap. That situation is hard for both of you! Walking is good stress release! It's great that you are staying on track with your eating.

Maggie -- It sounds like we are having the same icky weather. Have fun playing with your smoker. Bob is grilling pork loin chops later this afternoon. I'm thinking baked potatoes and a salad will also be on the menu.

Susan -- How are you today? Fine, I hope!

Jason turns 38 today and we have been married 44 years today. Where does the time go? It all seems like yesterday!

I have a load of laundry ready for the dryer so better get that done before I forget. Enjoy the rest of your day!
Old 09-03-2011, 05:42 PM   #8  
Thin Within

Talking Back For A Bit

HOWDY MAGNOLIAS

Will wanted to go out for Chinese for lunch so I will be having a Smoothie for dinner. But I still have @ 13 points left so maybe some small sandwich also. Tomorrow we are going to pick up a rack of cooked ribs from the local market that is BBQing them today, tomorrow and Monday. There go some points and then the grilled steaks Monday. YIKES, this is a food thing and I am trying to lose weight. I will probably be using my stove top smoker on monday and smoke something then.

JEAN on your 44 years of being married. And I hope you have many more to celebrate. Yep our weather sounds like it is about the same. What a bummer that your oven doesn't work right. Sure makes it hard to bake anything doesn't it. I am so thankful I have that counter top Cuisenart Convection Oven that I can use for smaller stuff. And since there are only the two if us I really hardly ever do use the oven in the stove. I can use a fairly large pan in that counter top oven though. It is oven tile lined and I want another one just like it if this one ever goes ka-put. But I sure wouldn't want ito go without our big stove oven because of company coming. And I certainly don't want it to go contrary like yours did. Is yours electric? Sounds like one of your elements is disconected or burned out on half of your oven. Your store sheets should be right if you ran them through 3 times it would seem.

Have a great evening Magnolias
Old 09-04-2011, 12:22 PM   #9  

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY BOB AND JEAN!!! Hope you are having a lovely time today!

We had a good time with the kids yesterday. The boys swam a lot and Jackson was enamored with this toy of Thomas's that was a bow and arrow and shot mini marshmallows. They were all over the the place and Marty thought he had died and gone to heaven. He loves marshmallows!

They are having a crab boil at Kelly's today but we opted to stay home today as Jack is not feeling well. The combo of the anethesia and pain drugs have caused constipation badly and so I had to medicate him this morning, which means we stay close to the house today. The kids understand as there isn't much else we can do. He was in a lot of pain this morning until it started working.

Maggie: Sounds like yummy food but with a price so to speak. We always get small strip steaks when we want steaks or tenderloins or flank steak all of which aren't bad for pts. We did have pork bbq yesterday with the kids but I tried to keep it on the low side.

Jean: I would have Bob use his level if he has one and see if your stove is sitting level. The house can shift and throw the stove off and I was told by a repairman that an unlevel stove will throw the temp off in the oven big time.

Gail: Glad to see you and all is ok in your world. Jack's knee is doing great. He hasn't had a lot of pain, just some and usually uses the ice thingy overnight now to keep down swelling, but it seems to be almost gone. He gets his stitches out on Wed and has Tue and Thur rehab sessions.

Not much else going on here. Have a lovely Sunday. We are getting thunderstorms today. Faye
Old 09-04-2011, 03:41 PM   #10  
Thin Within

Talking Sunny Warm Sunday

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

It is a beautiful 77 degree day here in the Heartland this day. A slight breeze is blowing and quite lovely outside. Not much happening this lazy afternoon. We had quite a few visitors from MO at church this day, traveling through. Two different families that didn't know each other that live @100 miles from each other back home. We get quite a number of visitors for this is kinda a traveling through state. I feel that I am using different muscles getting in and out of that huge truck we are having as a loner. My legs will be happy to get the Jeep back. It is so cute of our dogs on Sunday morning for when I go out the back door and they follow me I stop and tell them it is Sunday and they have to stay. They only come halfway across the lawn and sit down and watch me walk out the gate. Then they come to the locked gate and watch me walk down the alley and enter the back door of the church. Then when services are over they run to the gate when they hear me close that back door of the church building and wait for me at the gate. Having that neat doggie door lets them go inside or outside while we are gone.

DONNA FAYE We eat small steaks also. Schwans has some wonderful small 6P+ sirloin 6 oz steaks that we like to keep on hand. They grill up nicely in my Cuisanart or cut up and strung on kabab thingies with fruit & veggies on the grill outside. We use a lot of tenderloin also and can cut what portions we want them to be and freeze them. Spare-rib meat is only 8 P+ for 3 ounces and there certainly isn't much meat on those ribs. When we eat out and have steak I always bring 3/4ths of it home because I am used to smaller portions. The left overs sliced up later in a salad for 2 is wonderful. I only eat half of a baker also so I have been asking for a to go box when I get my meal served and portion it out before I start eating. I never have dressing put on my salad either and dip my fork in it. You can hardly tell I have used any of the dressing by how much is left in the little container. I am learning.

JEAN ~ GAIL ~ SUSAN I hope all is well with you gals this beautiful day.
Old 09-04-2011, 10:21 PM   #11  

Good Evening, Flowers! We are finally home from the lake, and summer is basically over since we brought the boat home with us. The dock will come out next weekend maybe. It was a cool day but the sun was shining. The kids were in the water up to their knees, played with the neighbors' dogs, and went for a maiden voyage in the new (old) aluminum fishing boat Bob bought earlier this summer.

"Gma" -- I had to really at Marty chasing marshmallows around. That would be entertainment in itself. Bob did check the oven to make sure it is level. I don't bake bars or cakes often enough to really figure out how to overcome how it bakes, if that's even possible. It is fine for cookies because they don't bake as long; it's also ok for casseroles, potatoes, etc. Bob is tired of me complaining so I'm going to call the repairman this week. The problem will be to have enough notice, before he comes, so that it can be turned on for a period of time to show how the temperature gets hotter the longer it is on.

Maggie -- It was only 50 degrees when I got up this morning. We wore jeans and sweatshirts to the lake; Bob took shorts along but I didn't. There was a breeze so I was really glad I'd worn long pants and sleeves so I was comfortable. Did you have pot luck at church today?

Susan -- I hope all is well with you.

Gail -- Did you and Wayne walk today?

I'm thinking bed is looking pretty good! Have a marvelous Monday tomorrow and enjoy!

Last edited by Jean; 09-04-2011 at 10:21 PM.
Old 09-05-2011, 08:53 AM   #12  

Good morning to you all! It is 54 degrees here this morning so looks like fall is starting to come our way too. It is still very warm and humid during the later part of the afternoon though.

Jack was feeling under the weather yesterday (nothing to do with his knee) and so we didn't go to the kids house. They were having a crab boil, which I was really sorry to miss, but Jack just didn't want to leave the house so we stayed tucked in. He got to feeling back to his ole self around 9 last night and even climbed the stairs and cleaned up at the sink, shaved, etc and slept upstairs. He came down this morning feeling right as rain and said he slept well. He has a rehab tomorrow, dr to remove the stitches on Wed, we have to go shopping on Thur and then rehab on Friday so it will be a busy week. Today is the last day the kids are here so we will be heading over to Kelly's closer to lunch time.

My feet have been a bit swollen the last couple days for some reason, but I am sure they will go back to normal soon. They get that way when it is hot and humid and it was miserable day before yesterday.

Maggie: We have been reading info about food on the ship and such at the cruise website we belong to. He and I made a pact to try something we have never had every night. The cool thing about being on a cruise ship is you can order as many appetizers or entrees or desserts as you want and try them. Most people suggest ordering one thing you know you like and one new thing to try. Jack is trying to get me to try escargot, but it isn't going to happen. Just the thought makes me cringe. I told him if he wants to try them to go ahead. We have also been able to see what the inside of the cabin really looks like from people taking pictures of it, info about the excursions and some hilarious stories about things people have seen. You have to feel for this lady, but it is very funny:

ok...I was in Labadee on an RCCL cruise. My family decided to take the banana boats for a spin around the bay (side note....highly enjoyable)
"There were 8 of us on the inflatable thing, 2 girls up front, 4 in our party, and these two older ladies bringing up the rear, whom we had just spend the last hour in line re-assuring that they 'd be fine!
So we get out there....zipping along....when suddenly.....flooomph We're all in the ocean. 1 by one, we all surface, but one of the older ladies has the most terrified look on her face...and she's mumbling something we can't understand. Finally, when I am back on the raft, I can under stand.....
"what do we do if we lost something?" she asks the tour guide
"why....what have you lost" the guide replys
Without another word, she smiles....a big beautiful denture-less smile, then looks helplessly down at the water below.
(this was the cruise's second day!)"

Jean: Sounds like the lake is done for this year for you guys. I would have worn jeans and a sweatshirt too. Hope you can get your oven straightened out. It is tough not to have one. You don't realize how much you use it until you don't have one. I know that when it was so hot here and we were without ac for that week, seemed like all my menu choices went into the oven.

I guess I should go and get some breakfast, fold the load of clothing and take it upstairs and make the bed and shower and such. Have a great Labor Day and great start to the week. Faye
Old 09-05-2011, 10:43 AM   #13  

Good Morning, Flowers! It was a COLD 46 degrees when I went downstairs at 7! The inside thermometer said 65 so I turned the furnace on! It's toasty in here now. I think shampooing carpet is on our agenda today. I hate the process but the area rugs are looking pretty grubby!

"Gma" -- I'm glad Jack is feeling better today! Enjoy your time with your family; I'm sure you are sorry to see Jackson leave. The food pictures on cruise ads always look so appealing. That is a good idea to try something new, but I don't think I could eat escargot either. I'm a lot like the kids -- if it doesn't look good I won't eat it. I had to at your cruise story.

I need to get busy and vacuum. Bob left to pick up some carpet cleaner and will be back soon. Enjoy your day!

Last edited by Jean; 09-05-2011 at 10:43 AM.
Old 09-05-2011, 12:09 PM   #14  
Thin Within

Talking

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

It is said to be a sunny 77 this glorious day in the Heartland. I love it when it is like this. Sunny days and blue skies. YIPEKIO I am down 2 pounds this day. I was quite surprised to say the least for I consumed all my weekly pointsplus in addition to my daily pointsplus target. I only know what I eat because I track every morsel I put in my mouth. I will take it and be a happy camper. Today is a lazy day that we don't plan on going anywhere special on. Maybe go to our favorite place to buy coffee beans and tell the man that this last batch didn't taste like it was what we were getting. He may have given us something else that we don't recognize. I am not real fond of what ever it is but it isn't what we usally get there. It is a different place then where we get or cold car and latte's. I was making a Schwans order and they have some really nice snackie items that I use for a meal. Like for instance a mini meatball sandwich that is 5 P+ and real tasty along with some fruit. They are 2.8 oz pocket type sandwiches made with 9 grams of whole grain, mozarella cheese, Marinara sace and mini meatballs. They have quite a few offerings in their "Live Smart" category which are helpful to my program. I like to make a mini meal out of them when Will is gone and it helps me stay OP. They have wonderful fruit that I use for smoothies also. And their "Live Smart" one-pack meals are really good and I get 3 for $12.25 which is a bit more than LQ but so much better. I get some LQ's also and have a variety to choose from. From Schwans I am ordering the roasted turkey, beef tips and the chicken alfredo ones. I like to have those on hand when I need a quick dinner. I don't eat frozen dinners very often but when needed they sure come in handy to have them. Saves me from eating something not so good for me. Some of their dinners for 2 are also great tasting and I'll order a couple of them. Today for my lunch I am having a Schwans Livesmart English Muffin which is very tasty made with scrambled egg white, low-fat American cheese, & turkey sausage on an English muffin for 6 Points+. That with a nectarine will hold me nicely until dinner and be my first meal of the day. Schwans also offers an English muffin for double the points+ with pork sausage, an egg and American cheese and the points+ for it are a whopping 12 so I stay away from that one for it is double trouble. AH we have choices.

DONNA FAYE That would be miserable with out teeth to enjoy the cruise food. But what a hoot that poor woman lost her choppers. I think I might have tried diving for them. I am sure thankful I still have my choppers though. It is so neat that you can check out their menu and make some decisions. I won't ever, ever have a snail cross between these lips of mine. I don't care what fancy name they want to call them they are still slimey little things that leave a trail as they mosey along. Just a snail with a fancy name. I wonder if they taste like chicken. Frog leggs do. Jack will be all set come cruise time and the two of you can really enjoy your vacation. Hopefully your feet won't be swelling while you are gone.

JEAN We are thinking of yanking up this carpet and putting down flooring like is in the dining room for we really like it in my office. We can get some nice "throw" rugs for the living room. We want to do the living room and the hallway and maybe Will's office. Leave the carpet in the bedroom. So much easier to care for and it won't cost as much as it would to replace the carpet which is warn and old. Come winter we plan on getting it started. Happy carpet cleaning this day.

GAIL & SUSAN Howdy to the two of you this day.

I need to get some things done before I make lunch. Type at y'all later.

Last edited by Maggie; 09-05-2011 at 12:12 PM.
Old 09-05-2011, 06:10 PM   #15  

Maggie -- on being 2#s lighter this week! The rugs are squeaky clean again but still damp. It has turned out to be a beautiful day here, sunny and 70 degrees this afternoon. The windows and doors are open so hope the rugs will be dry tonight. I double checked my gift shop accounting and everything still balances today. It will be interesting to see what your coffee guy has to say about the beans. I wish I had my previous Schwans guy, he was so punctual and came when I was home, unlike this new dude.