South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 09-01-2011, 05:04 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 252/see ticker/199

Height: 5'7"

Default I hope I did ok...

My mom and I went out shopping during lunch for my daughter's first birthday present. I fully intended to come back to the office and eat my curry pork chop and veggies. Instead, she pulled into a local Mexican food place that, of course, has no calorie counts or nutritional information.

I picked the best I could with limited info, chicken breast with zucchini and squash. It seemed a little oily so who knows what they cooked it in and had a cheese sauce on top that I'm sure was full fat with possible a heavy cream. I took most of that off so hopefully too much damage wasn't done. I did avoid all tortilla chips, which I totally have a love affair with, as well as the rice and flour and corn tortillas.

Even their salads had this cheese sauce on it and I figured it would be harder to avoid spread throughout a salad than it would on top of a chicken breast.

Even if I chose something totally crappy it could have been worse.... Right? LOL!
XLMuffnTop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 07:33 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 255/ticker/155

Height: 5'3"

It definitely could have been worse! If you find yourself there again unplanned, you could always ask for the sauces on the side so you can monitor how much you add. It can't hurt to ask, no?
Michi702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 09:52 PM   #3  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

I always ask to have my food served without sauce or on the side. Sometimes it's not an option. Does your mom know your following SB or is she not supportive?
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 09:56 PM   #4  
I'm on a Low Crap Diet

S/C/G: 272/228/under 200 for now

Height: 5'0"

Sounds like you did good, despite what you had to work with. I think the main thing you would need to think about is all the sodium. Mexican food tends to be pretty salty. Just drink some extra water and move on.
hpnodat is offline   Reply With Quote