South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 08-29-2011, 10:18 AM   #1  
I'm on a Low Crap Diet

S/C/G: 272/228/under 200 for now

Height: 5'0"

Default My breakfast sucked and other ramblings

I'm trying to think outside the box when it comes to breakfast because lets face it, no one wants to eat eggs every day. So this morning I made sauteed shrimp with fajita seasonings and steamed brussels sprouts. Yes, I know it sounds good but it was just not very appetizing to me. The shrimp didn't taste all that great and the brussels were soggy. I'm used to eating my shrimp with cocktail sauce and since I'm on P1 that ain't happening.

Yesterday we had a wonderful breakfast. Spinach & feta omelets, gourmet baby cucumbers sliced in half and spread with jalapeno laughing cow and I got london broil on a super sale so I sliced it thin and sauteed it in some olive oil. As yummy as it was, I'm still kinda tired of eggs. I cant wait till this 2 weeks is over so I can start having more food choices.

But on a positive note, since I was already partially detoxed from sugar prior to SB, I am not having any cravings for sugar or other simple carbs. I cant say I don't think about it because I do but no cravings! And another perk is I have zero appetite. I serioulsy could have skipped supper last night and I would have never even missed it. I totally wasn't hungry but I ate anyway. I had a SB Peanut Butter muffin (that I creatively made cookies with instead) and brussels sprouts.
hpnodat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 10:36 AM   #2  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

Why not have some leftovers for breakfast... I love cold chili for breakfast(weird I know, but I have also always loved cold pizza and spaghetti so I think it has something to do with the sauce!)

check out the p1 breakfast recipes section you will find plenty of non egg ideas! or hidden egg ideas!
rdw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 11:12 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 205/205/150

Height: 5'4''

i get so sick of eggs sometimes too.
JVasquez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 11:16 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 252/see ticker/199

Height: 5'7"

I sometimes throw in the ricotta muffins with a bit of cool whip for breakfast when I'm tired of eggs. It's still made with eggs but isn't the same.

It also hits that want of something sweet for breakfast especially if others around me are having pastries, waffles, pancakes, etc.

I'm on day 8 of phase 1 and feel your pain. I'm going to suck it up and go an extra week just because I have SO much to lose and would like to get back down to the weight on my ticker!
XLMuffnTop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 11:20 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Fire the cook!

It will get easier when you hit Phase II.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 12:21 PM   #6  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

you can totally have cocktail sauce! Horseradish is ok on Ph1 and just make ketchup!

Try yogurt, cottage cheese, turkey roll ups...etc
jenne1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 01:46 PM   #7  
I'm on a Low Crap Diet

S/C/G: 272/228/under 200 for now

Height: 5'0"

Thanks for the link!

I made up for the pooty breakfast I had. For Lunch I had NY steak & steamed broccoli with shredded Parmesan

Last edited by hpnodat; 08-29-2011 at 01:46 PM.
hpnodat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 02:14 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

U can have ham instead of eggs.
BellaLucia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 02:17 PM   #9  
Baby bump to hot mama!

S/C/G: 250/208.6/150

Height: 5'7

It might sound crazy, but if you make taco meat one night, use the leftovers on top of an omlette the next day- it's so delicious!! I don't do SBD (just saw this on "new posts") but it's very low carb and high protein. Mine is usually 2-3 eggs for the omlette, scoop of turkey taco meat, mozzarella cheese, salsa or fresh tomatoes diced up and light sour cream. It's very filling too!
PacSunMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 03:34 PM   #10  

S/C/G: maintaining

I've been eating "refried beans" for breakfast for about a year and a half now. They are a great combination of protein, fiber and carbs. I make them in the crockpot about once a week and reheat in the microwave with some low fat cheese on top. You can also top them with an egg. To me they are reminiscent in texture to having hot cereal. Comfort food.

Before I started eating these every day I also did lots of leftovers. And loved zucchini hashbrowns. I also like the cheesecake on here too, as cupcakes. Some of those are still buried deep in my freezer. But eggs... ugh... I got sick of those fast!
WaistingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 04:16 PM   #11  
My goal = health

My stand in is the ricotta desserts for breakfast -mmm, it's delicious with coffee!
RRB2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 05:15 PM   #12  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

I' m a 100% green smoothie woman. It's my breakfast every single day of the year. What I've noticed over the years, is that everyone works into their breakfast groove once they enter P2...just hang in there.

Here's an article that came across the wire today from the SBD official site regarding smoothies:

http://www.southbeachdiet.com/sbd/pu...etter_20110829
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote