Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-23-2011, 11:18 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 258/starting over again/148

Height: 5'7"

Default back for another beating...

i fell off the wagon and hit the ground hard.

today i weighed in at 258 and that is just not cool. I am back on 3fc's for help and support and to hopefully find some new motivation.

tomorrow starts day 1 of induction on Atkins (this helped me meet goal a few years ago)

my other new motivation is my best friend is getting married in 326 days and i do not want to be the fat chick standing up there with her.

im not saying i want to be super skinny, but i would love to be back at my goal weight of 148.

please go easy on me as i am giving up all of my vices in one day, no bread, candy, coffee, soda etc. might be a bit grumpy!
amandapaige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 11:51 AM   #2  
pugsnotdrugs

S/C/G: 225/Ticker/160

Height: 5'5'

we can do this together! I'm trying to lose wight for my own wedding in 2 years and I don't want to be the fat bride. My bridesmaids are all so tiny and I don't want to feel like a linebacker having them stand behind me.

I don't know what your feelings are on green tea, but I like to drink it as an alternative for pop.

I wish you the best of luck!
baj2010706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 12:40 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 330 / 320 / 175

Height: 5'11

I wouldn't recommend giving everything up the one time. This makes the dieting even harder!! Instead, I recommend aiming for "healthy living". So eat healthier and exercise more. If you try to cut everything out, you will feel deprived and want to give up (or I know I did). I still have my diet pepsi when I want it, and if I want a candy, i let myself have it. I just have learned to do it in moderation. Also, I found that I couldnt give up my bread. Instead, for pasta, I just have changed from white to whole wheat.

The weight is coming off slow... like 14 pounds in 4 weeks; however, I feel a lot better than I did a month ago!!

Just a little suggestion
Crazy Newfie Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 12:04 AM   #4  
Every pound is a victory

S/C/G: 263/147/?

Height: 5' 6"

Welcome back and best of luck with your goals!
rainydays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 12:47 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

Sounds like dieting is an unpleasant experience for you. Have you tried different diets? Atkins can be a bit strict, and when a diet feels strict it's harder to stay on the bandwagon. Personally, I don't think I could stand a whole year+ of weight loss without being able to have any bread, or have a slice of cake at a birthday party. That's why I count calories- you feel less deprived if you can have a little bit of everything, and when you can easily make adjustments for a party or a dinner out. All you have to do is add everything up!
kelly315 is offline   Reply With Quote