Old 08-21-2011, 10:45 PM   #1  

Default Blue Team Summer Meltdown Chat Week 13 (08/22-08/28)

Hi Team well we were beat again this week and my fault for most of it. I was going to take a freebie as I had such a big gain but we had only a -2.5 loss so I took the weight for accountability as we would not have won anyway. Sorry about that.

CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR BIGGEST LOSERS THIS WEEK

Blue Team:

Biggest Loser:
Beck, -4.6lbs, -2.42%

Honorable Mentions:
KayakGal, -3.6lbs, -1.88%
Nancy O, -.2, -.10%

Team Loss of .1lbs, .004%

I posted on last weeks thread a bit about the week and had an apology on there as well for my absence.

I am back to work so need to get back on track; I am pledging to lose a min of 1.5lbs this week for final WI......WHO'S WITH ME

Last edited by Bigmid; 08-21-2011 at 10:52 PM.
Old 08-22-2011, 05:49 AM   #2  
No excuses this time!

S/C/G: 279/249/154

Way to go this week's losers! I have been super busy with work as well! Last week I had trouble cooking the night meal's I had planned and ate out a bit... This week has started well... Last night I cooked a Beef Goulash that was very tasty... I will be making it a lot, and tonight I planned to make one thing but I came home to find my fridge up too high and some of my fresh vegies are turning frozen, so I didnt waste the baby spinach and shallots... I made tuna and vegetable mornay pots... heaps yummy! And even better enough left over for tomorrow nights dinner.

My son broke my exercise bike two weeks ago, accidently pulled the cord and took the plug out of the socket. The bike was rewired last Wednesday night and I have been working out on it. Feeling heaps better about the exercise. I weighed in this evening for this week, and I lost the 300g that I gained last week... Not a big loss for the last week of the challenge but I am pleased I have hit another plateau... I am hoping that with my menu switch up this week plus my regular exercise I can see a bigger loss next week.
Old 08-22-2011, 08:52 AM   #3  
Go Blue!

S/C/G: 286.8/180.6/145

Congrats losers! Wow Beck you are like a weight loss machine.

Thanks Bigmid for all your hard work through the challenge. Summer always seems to be such a busy time, look at how many teammates we lost along the way!, but you have done a great job at keeping everything going. This is my first challenge with you but I didn't feel let down in any way (referring to your post in the last chat thread). Though I feel like I should have been chattier!

I would love your recipe for the Beef Goulash, mumtoliam, if you don't mind sharing. Hubby is a big fan of ordering it when we eat out in cooler weather (on the rare occasion he sees it on a menu) but I've never made it at home.
Old 08-22-2011, 07:40 PM   #4  
One pound at a time

S/C/G: 292.2/138.6/146

Height: 5'9"

Congrats to all of our losers this week! I'm so happy that I reached, even passed, my original challenge goal of 190lbs by the end of this. One week left to go, Blue Team, let's give it all we got!

I've got a wedding to go to on Wednesday, and I'm trying to think of strategies for eating. I'll probably eat fewer calories early in the day, then stick with fish and veggies, no bread, rice, or potatoes, and fruit for dessert (if available). I had issues the last time I was at an event- people who noticed my weight loss felt they were free to comment on what was on my plate...RUDE! Why do people feel they can take such liberties when it comes to weight loss? I actually came home and cried that night. I've got to get my head in the right place to deal with the comments that are sure to come when I run into people that haven't seen my weight loss.

I've got my sailing test tomorrow evening. I'm so happy that I'm finally able to do this with my kids and already can't wait for sailing season next year.

Finish strong, Team! Let's all have a loss this week, even if just a small one!!!!
Old 08-24-2011, 02:53 AM   #5  
Healthier, happier ME

S/C/G: 261/261/160

Congrats losers!
Bigmid, I'm going to chime in with Somni and say that I haven't felt let down by you in the least as you have been running this challenge. On the contrary, I think you've done a wonderful job of keeping things moving, and you should be proud of yourself. If you are referring to weigh-in results as what might have let us down, don't be silly! Just because you are the team captain doesn't mean you don't have the same issues as the rest of us. We appreciate ALL your efforts.

Beck, wow! You make it sound so easy! I'm so happy for you that the weight seems to be coming off so fast, that's fantastic! ...As for the people who comment, keep in mind that their unwelcome comments regarding your eating habits are reflections of THEIR issues, not yours. They have nothing to do with you, who you were or who you are now. You are amazing and strong and you are totally doing fun and amazing stuff now. Don't let their lack of manners diminish all the things you have done for YOU. I think everybody here would agree with me when I say you rock, nothing else matters!

Have fun at the wedding, and feel free to throw cake at anybody who even tries to comment on anything other than how beautiful you are!
Old 08-24-2011, 06:03 AM   #6  
No excuses this time!

Made another two recipes tonight... Ravioli Pasta Bake and Apple and Jam Crumble.

Here is the recipe for the Beef Goulash...
500g lean beef blade steak cut into 1.5cm cubes
2 teaspoons Hungarian sweet paprika (although I used smoked)
420g can of condensed tomato soup
400g potatoes cut into 1.5cm cubes
100g button mushrooms sliced
50g baby spinach

Lightly spray a large saucepan with oil and heat over medium heat. Cook beef in batches until browned. Return beef to pan, then stir in paprika. Add tomato soup and 3/4 cup of water, stirring well and bring to boil. Return heat to low for an hour. Add potato and mushrooms and cook stirring ocassionally for 30 minutes. Add spinach and cook stirring until wilted. 6 ww Propoints
Old 08-25-2011, 07:19 AM   #7  
Go Blue!

Thanks for the recipe, mumtoliam! I can't wait to try it.

How did the wedding go, Beck?
Old 08-25-2011, 09:54 AM   #8  
Sue

You do a wonderful job Bigmid. Thanks for all the time and work that you put into keeping the challenge going. I am having a tough week. I hope I don't gain on the last week of the challenge. I hope everyone else is doing well.
Old 08-27-2011, 04:34 AM   #9  
Go Blue!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayakGal View Post
You do a wonderful job Bigmid. Thanks for all the time and work that you put into keeping the challenge going. I am having a tough week. I hope I don't gain on the last week of the challenge. I hope everyone else is doing well.
Sorry to hear that KayakGal. Hope your week has been getting better. We're here if you need to talk about anything!
Old 08-27-2011, 07:46 PM   #10  

Hi been a crazy week and a busy one at that.
I'm hoping for a loss this week (had a 2lb one) but was at meetings on Thur and Fri so eating was not great only exercised once this week too. Lots of things to sort out af home as well and hope to have everything settled by month end if possible. Then move on to focus on me again.

Thank you Somni, QuillysQuest, KayakGal for you kind words. I just feel bad for not being on everyday and doing personals. I used to seem to gave time to do all of it. I hope that once things are settled down I will have the time again. Pluse once it gets colder out (and darker earlier) I'll be in more. Sad that summer is almost over

Beck how was the wedding

Munroliam thanks for the recipe

KayakGal I hope your week got better
Old 08-28-2011, 06:35 AM   #11  
No excuses this time!

I know this challenge was very quiet, but are there any plans for a new challenge in the future... it has definitely helped me to be accountable!
Old 08-28-2011, 07:51 AM   #12  
One pound at a time

S/C/G: 292.2/138.6/146

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuillysQuest View Post
Congrats losers!
Bigmid, I'm going to chime in with Somni and say that I haven't felt let down by you in the least as you have been running this challenge. On the contrary, I think you've done a wonderful job of keeping things moving, and you should be proud of yourself. If you are referring to weigh-in results as what might have let us down, don't be silly! Just because you are the team captain doesn't mean you don't have the same issues as the rest of us. We appreciate ALL your efforts.

Beck, wow! You make it sound so easy! I'm so happy for you that the weight seems to be coming off so fast, that's fantastic! ...As for the people who comment, keep in mind that their unwelcome comments regarding your eating habits are reflections of THEIR issues, not yours. They have nothing to do with you, who you were or who you are now. You are amazing and strong and you are totally doing fun and amazing stuff now. Don't let their lack of manners diminish all the things you have done for YOU. I think everybody here would agree with me when I say you rock, nothing else matters!

Have fun at the wedding, and feel free to throw cake at anybody who even tries to comment on anything other than how beautiful you are!
First, I agree with Quilly, Bigmid. I'm very appreciative of all the effort you put into this challenge as our team leader and as an individual team member. Thank you for all your hard work!

Secondly, thanks Quilly for your kind words of encouragement. I held onto them at the wedding and didn't let anyone get me down.

The wedding was beautiful and I had a lovely time. It was the wedding of our rabbi's eldest daughter; it was elegantly done and the atmosphere was joyous. There was SOOOOO much food! There were 4 meals; one when greeting the bride and groom (I had a pea soup shooter and a ginger-peach one and some fruit), the next were two huge buffets of food after the ceremony (one Italian foods, the other Israeli; I had some hummus, veg salad, half a grape leaf, baba ganoush), first course was salmon and salad (ate that), and for the main meal I had a vegetarian plate with a breaded eggplant stuffed with spinach and mushrooms (didn't eat the pilaf) and asparagus. I had one small individual trifle from the dessert table. I think I went over a little with calories, but I had planned in advance by eating fewer during the day and also cut back by about 200 calories the following day.

There were a few slightly uncomfortable moments with questions about my weight loss, but I think I handled them well. Most people were very complimentary with how nice I looked and were congratulating me on my success.

I really enjoyed this challenge and being on the team with all of you. I hope to participate in another in the future. Congratulations to all the members that stuck through the full 13 weeks and on all your losses. Keep up the great work!
Old 08-28-2011, 03:12 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 278/243.2/175

Height: 5'2

I have been so crazy busy lately and i don't feel like Im putting in 100% but I am seeing small progress!

Its been incredible to get back into the routine of school and sports with the boys and EVERYONE has commented on my weight loss. Its awesome to feel like I really am accomplishing something
Old 08-28-2011, 07:40 PM   #14  

Hi everyone only 2.5hrs left of this challange. It was great being part of this team, hopefully we can finish strong

mumtoliam - yes we will have another challenge just not sure of the dates yet just keep watching the thread and it will be announced along with sign ups shortly after that.
Old 08-28-2011, 10:25 PM   #15  

Hi everyone,

Well that's it another challenge comes to an end....it was my pleasure getting to know all of you wonderful ladies and I hope you come back next month and join us in the fall challenges.

You have all made a committment to lose and you stuck to your challenge and your goals.....everyone of you had a lose for the end of the whole challenge.....YOU ARE ALL AWESOME WONDERFUL PEOPLE WHO HAD A HUGE ACCOMPLISHMENT....I am proud of all of you.

I have our results done and am just waiting for results on the red team then I will post.

Talk to you all soon.