Exercise! - Running helps reduce cellulite

View Full Version : Running helps reduce cellulite

fitmom
08-21-2011, 03:22 PM
I have found that the only thing that has banished my cellulite has been running. I didn't have it all over but there was patches of it on the backs of my thighs. I was very self-conscious about it. I tried everything to get rid of it; creams, massage, etc. - to no avail. Now that I've been running for a few months, I've noticed that the backs of my thighs are dimple-free and my legs in general have tightened up. Have any of you experienced a reduction of cellulite due to running? Just curious.

GetFitFast
08-21-2011, 03:58 PM
It sure does. On my previous weight loss journey, I noticed a drastic reduction in the cellulite at the back of my thighs. Now I feel like kicking myself in the behind for not keeping up with my lifestyle and piling on all the pounds, just to start worrying about cellulite all over again! :(

kelly315
08-21-2011, 04:23 PM
I've heard that any type of toning is excellent for that, and running is a great way to tone your thighs.

tuende
08-21-2011, 08:38 PM
Lord, I hope there is SOMETHING that helps with the cellulite. I just keep holding on to the idea that if I keep lowing my BF% it. will. get. better.

I'll remember this though the next time I'm running hills. :)

Ilene
08-22-2011, 08:56 AM
For myself, any intense workout, like running, reduces cellulite... Biking does the same for my legs...

fitmom
08-22-2011, 11:41 AM
diegroblers: Don't cry except when you wave 'bye-bye' to cellulite forever! :lol:

Of course, I forgot to add in my original post that your diet has to be on point as well...running does help but what you eat can't be junk.

AWOWW
08-22-2011, 11:41 AM
Really? I just started running. I had a lot of cellulite on my thighs before, and I did notice it's not so obvious as it was before, but I thought that was just the weight loss.

fitmom
08-22-2011, 11:45 AM
Really? I just started running. I had a lot of cellulite on my thighs before, and I did notice it's not so obvious as it was before, but I thought that was just the weight loss.

I truly believe it's the combination of the two. Any cardio activity like running which uses your legs while eating very cleanly is bound to reduce the cellulite. How can it not?

Proatthis
08-22-2011, 12:54 PM
I have major cellulite on my thighs. I have run for years but I only notice my cellulite reduce when my eating is very clean (no processed foods) and with strength training. Right now I notice a huge difference with the combination of doing the Jillian michaels DVDs for a few months and my clean diet. I have stopped running months back (due to an injury). And now do lots of walking too.

So for me running never really helped with Getting rid of cellulite.