Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 08-19-2011, 11:07 AM   #1  

Default When should you choose to advance with the C25k?

So I have been doing the C25K for about a month now. I did week 1 for 2.5 weeks then advanced to week 2. I have ran on session 2 for almost 2 weeks now. I am able to run it with out looking at the timer most of the time. I feel like I can advance but I am concerned about my legs. While I am walking in the cool down my legs feel like Jello. Should I try advancing or wait until my legs don't feel like Jello?
zookeeperof04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 05:20 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 176/173/155

Height: 5'7

I think you should keep going. However, keep in mind that you should do whatever makes you feel comfortable.

Personally, every time I was able to finish a workout, I moved on to the next day's workout. Any time it got hard, I reminded myself that it's not meant to be a cakewalk; it's SUPPOSED to be a little challenging.
kariatari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 12:59 AM   #3  

I would keep going. I had some jello legs in the beginning, but eventually my legs got used to it. Stretching helps a bit, too.

If your legs or muscles are actually hurting, that's another story. Do what feels right for your body. Generally, as long as I was able to finish one day, I'd try the next one.
clownfish is offline   Reply With Quote