Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-18-2011, 11:00 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 190/188/140

Height: 5'6"

Default Hello from a new mother in North Carolina

I just had my first daughter in April and could not be any happier that she is here. I could, however, be happier with my body. I got up to 224 pounds during my pregnancy. During the first six weeks, I dropped down to about 190 mostly due to the fact that I am breastfeeding. To acheive my weight loss goals, I have started the Insanity workout program Monday and am thinking of doing the weight watchers program. I would love to chat with anyone who has had success with either program. I know weight loss doesn't happen ovenight, but I am the type of person who needs to see results in order to stay motivated. So I am hoping to lose at least 20-30 pounds doing this Insanity workout program that is already kicking my butt!!
needtobehotmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 11:14 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 249.4/247.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Just wanted to say 'hi'! I'm expecting a baby girl due in about 7 weeks here. Started my pregnancy at about 190 and I'm already up to 222 x_x... though I've been more careful for about the past 4 weeks and haven't gained anything in addition. You make me hopeful that I could perhaps get down to where I was pre-pregnancy by the time 6 weeks is up though!

I can't say anything for either of those programs. I have had a lot of success so far in my weightloss with calorie counting (which I figure is pretty similar to weight watchers as they just assign points to the food based on calories). When I was losing I stayed as a general rule between 1200 calories a day and 1800 calories a day and was losing steadily. I would say 1200 is way too low for someone who is breastfeeding along with working out, but you could experiment.
Mama Bee is offline   Reply With Quote