Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 12:00 AM   #1  
Jessica

S/C/G: 153/132/fit and confident

Height: 5'8"

Default changed to "mantinance" calories and Im STARVING.. please help me :( (cross posted)

posted this in general diet questions and figured this would probably be a better place... Im sorry if this isnt allowed! if not someone let me know!!

So I have been counting calories to lose weight for about 6 months, and have decided that I feel good with the size I am now and wanted to just maintain my weight. Ever since I changed my calorie intake (from a cycle between 1300-1500 calories per day) to 1800 per day, which is still lower than a lot of calculators have said what my matinance calories should be, but I didnt want to jump it up too high. Anyways Ive been sticking to 1800 for about a week and I have been STARVING for the past 4 days or so-- I rarely felt like this when I was cutting calories-- and now I have suddenly gotten this huge appetitie. Im still eating healthy foods- but Im STARVING... has anyone else experienced this or can help me out? I am 5'8" and weigh 124lbs, I usually start the day doing a workout video (beachbody insanity or p90x) then go to work as a waitress and then run 4-6 miles at the gym and then teach dance classes for 3-5 hours... so maybe that can help someone tell me how much I really SHOULD be eating? thanks so much everyone in advance! oh- and sensing "hunger levels" doesnt really work for me. If I dont count calories carefully I freak out and end up bingeing every time.. so as of right now thats not really an option- I know I'm slightly crazy.
Old 08-09-2011, 06:28 AM   #2  

Height: 5' 8"

danzin - I am naturually hungrier some days than others so I eat within a calorie range. My range is 1200 -1800. The days I am really hungry I eat at 1800 cals, and other days I eat as low as 1200 cals. It all averages out to be about 1500 cals a day. Could you start eating within a calorie range? Say 1600 - 2000 cals a day or 1500 - 2100?

I had 3 or 4 days last month when I was really hungry and I ate at or very close to my limit for all of those days. When I notice that I have 1 day that I am hungrier than try to eat a lot of the following raw vegetables, fat free yogurt with whole wheat bran (really fills you up and low on cals), and egg whites.
Old 08-09-2011, 06:34 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 197/164/158

Height: 5'8"

I just woke up and just reading what your average day is like makes me so worn out I want to go back to bed! No wonder you are starving! With all that activity I would be shocked if you didn't keep loosing weight at only 1800 calories. I'd try adding another 400-500 a day in good fats (nuts,avocados, olive oil etc) and lean protein to keep you more satisfied. Try it for a week and see how it goes and add more calories if needed. You and I are the same height and I can't imagine being 124 lbs. Even at my present weight, I can see bones at the top of my shoulders I haven't noticed in years. IMHO, you seem like you are flirting with becoming a bit OCD with your rigid calorie counting and massive amounts of exercise. Please relax and enjoy yourself!
Old 08-09-2011, 08:38 AM   #4  
No description available.

We do try to keep just one active thread rather than X-post, otherwise it gets confusing. So, if anyone has some feedback for danzing, go to:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/gene...ml#post3981156

Thanks!
Closed Thread