South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2011, 06:54 AM   #1  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Default SBD Daily Chat, Thursday August 4

Wow, really, I'm the first one even after coffee? Good morning friends Is everyone sleeping in or just crazy busy this morning (or hungover in the Delta)?

Today it's work in the morning then off for a surgical consult with DW. I'm glad I get to be there, a little nervous of course, and relieved that we will finally be able to plan the next couple of months. It's impossible to plan without knowing if, and when, she might need surgery. Then tomorrow morning we meet with the neurologist so we will know all there is to know right now. Hopefully there will be something fun this weekend.

This week I relearned that I just can't eat some foods. NSA ice cream was on sale so I bought some. Big mistake, I just can't seem to keep myself to one serving. I can eat one serving at a time but ended up having several servings in a row Yesterday morning everything left was tossed in the trash. I just really need to remember that even without sugar that sort of food is too hard for me to manage. I will stick with my NSA fudgesicles and creamsicles.

It's finally cooler here. I actually wore long pants yesterday and was happy for the change. Looks like our hot spell is finally over.

Hope your Thursday flies by and your weekend is right around the corner

Last edited by CyndiM; 08-04-2011 at 06:56 AM.
Old 08-04-2011, 07:10 AM   #2  
Finding success on beach

Height: 5ft 9"

Happy Thursday! Up early for a little work this morning. Going to be a long day, we are taking the kids to the amusement park. Thankfully we bring our lunch and pack a cooler for the car, so I was able to plan my meals ahead. Hoping to resist any temptations and treats at the park. I know I will be down on my water today too, hard to keep up when on the go.

It is too early to fire up the blender, but I can't wait for the house to wake so I can make my Green Monster! :-)

Cyndi - will be thinking of you and DW at today's appointment. Sending lots of positive thoughts your way!
Old 08-04-2011, 07:13 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning Cyndi and everyone! I wonder if there was a bit too much wine last night?!?! Glad, Cyndi, that you are getting some answers and a plan.

I'm at a hotel in Fredericksburg, VA, getting ready to do the second leg to NC to sell our home! I hate driving the whole way in DH's truck, so we broke it up into two. I'm hoping we'll do the same on the way home, esp. towing a trailer.

Unfortunately, I brought my cat in yesterday on a gut feeling (a coworker stays at our house, and didn't want her to have to deal with it) and found a stomach tumor. That's my own first kitty, he picked me out at the shelter when I was in vet school. I don't think it's quite sunk in yet....but, he's still "hunting" socks and underwear, while stealing the dog's food, so I should have him for another few good weeks. He's been such a joy.

But until then, off to clean out the "finally-gonna-sell-it" home!!
Old 08-04-2011, 07:13 AM   #4  

Jenski - which amusement park?!? Woohoo, I'm jealous!
Old 08-04-2011, 07:16 AM   #5  
Finding success on beach

Height: 5ft 9"

Twynn - Six Flags Great America outside Chicago
The kids earn tickets every year thru a school reading program. It is always a ton of fun, but exhausting!!
Old 08-04-2011, 07:18 AM   #6  

AHhhhhhh, that's the one I had season passes to growing up!! Ride the American Eagle for me!! (I grew up in McHenry County)
Old 08-04-2011, 07:20 AM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Just crazy busy here, Cyndi. I didn't think I was capable of the focus necessary to start the thread this morning. Thanks. I'm glad you're able to be with Julie and sit down with the dr today. It's sure hard when you don't have alot of answers.

Jenski, glad you're enjoying your green smoothies. They are my everyday breakfast. Eggs?? Not me. Have fun at the park and don't get discouraged with the scale. Losses slow as you adjust to P2. The most important thing right now is staying OP.

We've decided to travel this afternoon, primarily so we can go to water aerobics tomorrow. We have lots to do...finish painting, pick mom's raspberries, think out our trip to Santa Fe next week since we won't be back here before then (clothes), etc, etc, etc

I've been working in the kitchen this am. We've been doing family dinners here every night and the fridge needed an overhaul. Mission accomplished...now I think I'll head out with Bing and look East for the sun.

Have a great day everyone
Old 08-04-2011, 07:22 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning from sunny Delta!

Linda, Carley, Monica and I left very early yesterday morning and spent the day in Ottawa. We say Parliament Hill and the changing of the guard and then met Lianne (Ellis) and Ilene for a Vietnamese lunch. Absolutely yummy! and OP - nearly! A scenic dive home and then we had local corn on the cob and tomatoes for dinner. A perfect day! Miss Carley is an absolutely adorable and a great traveler. She took lots of pictures during the trip.

Today, besides drinking coffee , we will visit the Mill, maybe take in the locks at Jones Falls, go to Fun With Flour at the Mill and get Linda an ice cream at Forfar so she will stop whining.

Happy, happy, happy having fun and relaxing. The dogs are in seventh heaven! A great week and more to come.
Old 08-04-2011, 07:23 AM   #9  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Twynn, I'm so sorry to hear about your kitty. Take care and have a safe trip.

Ruth, can we go to Vietnamese and Dim Sum when I come visit? Glad to hear you're having so much fun... to your houseguests.

I gotta run....

Last edited by Lexxiss; 08-04-2011 at 07:25 AM.
Old 08-04-2011, 07:46 AM   #10  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Morning! Cottage, here. I've had my coffee and shower and am about to take my next cup of brew out on the front porch and cuddle with the pups. I keep threatening to take both of them back home to PA with me. They wouldn't take up much room in the car.

Ottawa was such fun, and the highlight was getting to see Lianne and Ilene again. We did a LOT of walking, so we are managing our exercise. Now I won't feel too guilty about having that yummy homemade ice cream at Forfar. I must remember to pick up some cheese while I'm there for Jake, too. Speaking of which, I should probably call him this morning and let him know I'm still alive.

I hear Ruth in the kitchen, and I promised to unload the dishwasher, so I'd better get out there and make sure she isn't doing it. And get that coffee before it's all gone, too!

Have a wonderful day, everyone!
Old 08-04-2011, 07:58 AM   #11  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning lovelies

Cyndi - Hope all goes well with the consult. I am the same way with many "healthy" foods. Sigh.

Jen - Have fun at the park. Packing food is a great plan. Someday, maybe, I'll try a green monster.

Twynn - Liking that avatar. Sorry about your cat.

Debbie - Ah, travel planning. Gotta do some of that myself.

Ruth and Linda - Sounds like a wonderful time.

We had a good talk with the teen yesterday about "the incident." Poor guy was quite shaken up and maybe this will end up being a good thing given all he can learn from this. Wrong place, wrong people, wrong time. Fortunately he wasn't actually DOING anything wrong. Last night he had some of the other recent graduates from his broadcast group sleep over since it was too hot for their intended campout. Him and a bunch of girls! No exercise for me today until they rise and shine and clear out of the basement.

Today DH and I see the eye doctor for annual exams. My appointment is always long because I have some moles or freckles in the back of my eye and she monitors them because of my melanoma history.

Have a great day, everyone.
Old 08-04-2011, 08:22 AM   #12  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Karen, glad to hear that your DS was receptive to your words of wisdom. Growing up is hard. We've got your dates on our calendar...perhaps it will work out for you to take a dip in our pool...if the timing isn't right we'll just come to the corner and watch your DH pump gas and wave you on.

The rest of the crew is rising...I need to keep reminding myself I have an 8am appt.
Old 08-04-2011, 11:20 AM   #13  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Have fun to everyone today. And keeping pets in mind too. It's cooler here too so no melting this AM. I am very unprepared food-wise today though so I am feeling a bit hungry AND disoriented.

Happy Thursday!
Old 08-04-2011, 04:31 PM   #14  

Height: 5'4"

Best of days, all. I am having one of those "silver-lining" moments - practicing a zen moment. Yesterday, the a/c, phone, internet, and fridge/freezer all died in completely unrelated incidents.

Really.

In fact, when I left the house with the 4 kids in tow at 1:30 pm yesterday in search of a cool place with unspoiled food, my blessed handyman said, "Don't get pizza with mushrooms or fish. The way your day is going, it will be accidental poison of some kind."

So, today I have a new fridge I managed to get as a floor model so $600 instead of $800, it was cool last night so we did not miss the a/c and the a/c is back on as of an hour ago, the phones and internet are now working.

Needless to say, the planned back on track day yesterday vanished into a haze of pizza and fajitas AND a margarita. Today, back to greek yogurt, chili, veggies and hummus.

I hope you are all doing well. Thoughts and prayers for all in need - I'm gonna go eat more carrots.

Be well -
Old 08-04-2011, 06:49 PM   #15  

Height: 5'8"

Bea, check it out: mercury is in retrograde, and it started yesterday. This causes things to malfunction and I am not kidding you. I posted about this last retrograde - my watch stopped working on the first day of retrograde, I took it to be fixed, it worked for about 15 minutes, then died. It was an old watch, and I hadn't paid much to have it fixed, so I gave up on it (but kept the watch). I'm not kidding you, a day after the retrograde period ended the watch suddenly started working again and has kept perfect time ever since. Watch for things to break down, appointments to be cancelled, schedules to dissolve, etc. until approx. 9/9.
Closed Thread