Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-04-2011, 03:17 AM   #1  

Default hi Y'all

Hey Everyone!
I'm here to get back on track. I'm Shelby, 36, and trying to lose about 20 pounds.
I lost about 100 pounds following my own strict diet back in 2004. I've kept off the majority of it all these years, the lowest getting to 150 but that only lasted maybe a 6 months and I wasn't exercising unless walking around the neighborhood counts . The majority of these years I stayed at 155 to 160 but I really started to do a lot of exercise and it was very hard to keep myself at 150 while running. But I was a running fool (up to 23 miles a week plus additional miles of walking) with push ups/sit-ups and I could eat pretty much what I wanted in moderation. Meaning I could go out and eat once or twice a week and have some chocolate if I felt like it. I really liked the way I looked even if I could have lost another ten pounds or so, ha ha.
Recently I hurt my hip pretty badly (a nasty case of bursitis) and went back to visit family for a month so I really didn't eat good at all. Now I'm at 170. I'm just under 5'10 (according to my life insurance physical, ha ha.)
I've decided since I can't do much physical activity per doctor's orders I need to start limiting my calories again and it is SO HARD to get back on track. I'm trying to use my old tools such as an online support group that helped me lose so much before.
Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself and say Hi! So I'm not a stranger when I post on the threads. Looks like this is a good support site and I'm relearning so much by reading the posts!
bluevelvetcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 03:59 AM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Welcome to 3FC =)

First of all, congratulations on taking off the weight and keeping it off for so long! Keeping it off is definitely the hard part You aren't alone in having gained some back, and it's very difficult to have to manage it without much movement.

You can do this! Look around, post, participate Best of wishes!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 09:17 AM   #3  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

Welcome and congrats on your huge weight loss success and keeping it off for so long! You can do this! Best of luck
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 02:47 PM   #4  
Cuddly Veg*n

S/C/G: 178 (153.8 Recently)/145.2/125

Height: 5'9"

Welcome! I know how it is to have injury weight gain, but you know what? I'm still losing weight, even without the running, and you can, too! Good luck!
xxkaleidoscopic is offline   Reply With Quote