Ideal Protein Diet - sweetners

View Full Version : sweetners

amaliayosa
07-30-2011, 04:32 PM
What sweeteners are allowed and how much? Stevia ok?

niknakjack
07-30-2011, 04:36 PM
yes stevia is ok, I even bought a couple bottles of the flavored stevia.
Splenda is ok too.

Just don't go overboard on them, try using in moderation.

amaliayosa
07-30-2011, 04:42 PM
Oh! That changes everything :) Let the creativity begin! Thanks.

Purrfect
07-30-2011, 10:52 PM
Oh! That changes everything :) Let the creativity begin! Thanks.

Try the xylitol sweetner. It's truly the closest taste to sugar, and it has health benefits, safe for diabetics, and my coach says it is absolutely OP. I don't hear many people here discuss it, but in the general population, it is not widely known yet.
They make a strawberry jam that is excellent, not the yucky chemical taste of a WF...BUT it is for phase 3 and 4.

Let me know if you try it and how you like it!:smug:

Susank2
08-01-2011, 05:32 PM
I know that sweet and low is not approved but I prefer it over splenda or truvia so I asked my coach if I could use it cause I only use 2 packets a day in my coffee and she said it was ok.

smpnew
08-02-2011, 12:06 AM
What sweeteners are allowed and how much? Stevia ok?

Be careful with the Splenda. My coach said that 5 packets has the equivalent of one packet of sugar, since it is manufactured w/ sugar in it.:(

Ishbel
08-02-2011, 01:16 AM
I have used Stevia and Splenda. Splenda also has some flavored singles that are good in coffee. The brown sugar splenda we cannot use as it is made with 1/2 brown sugar and 1/2 splenda.

Today I found 100% splenda brown sugar right beside the blended brown sugar/splenda....FYI. (yes i double checked) First time I've ever seen it and I look for that stuff :). Looking forward to making rhubarb crisp with it.

wheekers
08-03-2011, 09:21 AM
I had some ice tea with stevia in ....It was so gross.