Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-29-2011, 09:31 PM   #1  

Default I am new and started 3 weeks ago

I am a male 36years old.I started watching what I ate about 3 weeks ago when i got on a scale for fun and it said 371pounds. Right then and there I knew if I did not do something about my weight and the what I ate I would not see many more years. I did not want to count carbs or do some diet as I tried a few in the past and none worked, well they did as long as you do not stop them. So I started eating healthy and glad to say in 3 weeks i am down 16 pounds. I found this site when I tried to search for some support and tips(WOW GREAT FORUM). I write down everything I eat and when. I am going to make an ebook about my weight loss. I was wondering if anyone here is doing the same about writing it all down or if someone has any blogs about what they are doing and would like to share them with me. Thanks and glad I found THIS SITE!!!!
canadacatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 09:50 PM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Welcome =)

Well I definitely track all of my food each day no matter what it is, but I don't blog about it.

I tend to (personally) use the chat threads to voice my successes and concerns. To share with other members. I tend to do best when I feel connected with what people are doing in their day to day in that manner.

By the by... CONGRATULATIONS on making changes and on dropping 16 pounds. Great job!

Hope to see you around the boards
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 11:03 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 252/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Have you checked out the blogs associated with the forum? That might be a good place for you to read how other people are documenting their journeys and start writing about yours.
spetty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 11:08 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 280/225/200

Height: 5'5"

Welcome

I love it here too! There is so much information to be found here. Sometimes I post, and sometimes I just read through all the posts. It's amazing what you can learn from other peoples experiences!

I use an app on my phone to keep track of what I'm eating. It's called "My fitness pal". I think they have a website you can use also, if you don't have a smart phone. I also have a blog through this site where I post about my ups and downs, etc. Most people who have one have the link on their profile that you can click on.

Way to go on deciding that you want to change your life. And your 16 lb loss!! That's awesome!
Bamber33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 04:31 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 254/254/130

Height: 05'3

Default hey

congrats on the 16 pounds that is great!!! i joned this site about a week ago i started with the ww point plus diet and the first week which just ended i lost nothing whatsoever so that was a bit blah, especially since ive done this points plus program before and was losing about 7 pounds a week. so im a little bit confused since i followed it to the t. i definately need to find something that works for me though. looking foward to this new jorney i really want a healthier me. so here it goes again with ww points plus.lol
parbtani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 01:52 PM   #6  
Cuddly Veg*n

S/C/G: 178 (153.8 Recently)/145.2/125

Height: 5'9"

I don't really write it down (I record my calories and water intake day by day, and then wipe it clean for the next day), but I just wanted to welcome you and congratulate you!
xxkaleidoscopic is offline   Reply With Quote