PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 07-23-2011, 01:24 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 375/187/167

Default Weight loss and PCOS

Hi...I am interested in some feedback Over the last 5 years i have lost 82.7 kilos (181.94 pounds) and have another 11.2 kilos (24.64 pounds) to get to the top of my healthy weight range. Over the last few weeks my losses have significantly dropped (i know its expected for the last 10 pounds or so but i didnt think they would do such a significant drop yet)....over the last 3 weeks i have lost only 900 grams (1.98 pounds) coincidently with that my cycle has altered this month. Prior to losing the weight i would only have a cycle every 7 months or so and if i blinked i missed it kinda thing....anyway over the last 18 months or so its been regular....every 29-30 days and lasts for 7 days. Last october i had a endometrial ablasion (due to low iron to try and stop the blood loss)...the operation wasnt very successful and the doctors have talked about redoing it. Anyway over the last few months....each month my cycle has been a lil heavier each month but still 7 days long and every 29-30 days and generally i only get cramping on day 1. Well this month with the lack of weight loss....my cycle came at 29 days....but lasted only 2.5 days but i had cramping every one of those days....so its been very unusual and out of the ordinary to how my body has been working for the last 18 months or so. I also dont take any medication.....birth control didnt work for me ( would cause me to bleed non stop) and my blood sugar levels were so low metformin made me ill. So i am thinking i prolly need to go back to the docs and get the blood sugars and even my iron retested. But i am wondering anyone who has been losing weight has encountered anything similar? The only other thing i can think of is maybe its a sign of early menopause? (im 43)

Last edited by kkazz123; 07-23-2011 at 01:29 AM.
kkazz123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 01:57 PM   #2  
Beautiful, Sexy, Skinny

S/C/G: 320/Ticker/200

Height: 5'10

It is possible. As our bodies get smaller we need less calories have you adjusted your calories? Upped your exercise? Sometimes we just hit plateaus which for me anyway are extended periods of time where I lose barely anything. Slowing like this actually IS normal. Though, it is always a good idea to get checked by your doctor.
SMSDREAMER2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 02:05 AM   #3  
Made of Starstuff

I definitely think you need to check with the doctors again soon about rechecking your levels of medications. I'm not sure when you last had them readjusted, but even losing a little weight can change how much is needed or how often.

I can only say that for me... regular exercise and losing weight makes my monthly woman schedule more on time. I am on birth control, but even so it wasn't always that regular. Since even losing a little bit of weight and being regularly more active my cycle is starting to become more normalized.

Also, about the last 10 pounds being harder... it can definitely be MORE than the last 10 pounds. People tend to say "The last 10 pounds is harder to lose" as more of a generalized statement, just to say that the last bit of weight sometimes comes off slower. Not that it's always 10 pounds that's harder. You've already lost an absolutely amazing amount of weight, so your "last bit" could be 25 pounds instead of 10 pounds. Don't be too discouraged! You've done fantastically. The weight is still coming off, even if it's a little slower. You WILL get there.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 03:17 AM   #4  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

Go get checked out -- better to know what is going on.

GL!
A.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote