Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-20-2011, 02:10 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 245/212/150

Talking Young and Out of Shape :(

Hey ya'll! I'm 21 years old, and I currently weigh 212 pounds. I used to weigh 245 and I lost some weight from Weight Watchers, and even though I did the flex plan (where I can eat whatever I want, just don't go over the points daily), I just got bored with it and stopped caring. But I haven't put on any of the weight I've lost, and I've been sitting at this weight since February.

I have a gym membership but I can't bring myself to go. I was browsing the internet and went to the goals forum and saw all these amazing pictures of people who have worked really hard for their new bodies, and saw how gorgeous they all looked and thought I'd sign up here and at least be surrounded by people who are on the same page as me.

Right now my mini goal is to get to 199 - anything under 200 to me would be amazing, since I haven't been under that since about 10th grade in high school. Not sure how to make my little thing all fancy like yours yet, where it shows my goals but I'll figure it out soon!

I really look forward to meeting all you super strong and motivated people! I hope all your positive energy spreads on to me now that I'm here!
Lynniee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 02:41 AM   #2  

Height: 5'9

Hi Lynniee! I'm new too....I'm 22 years old and I'm 206 lbs atm so we have something in common

My mini goal would be to lose around 12lbs as well...its good that you haven't put any of the weight you have lost so far back on- I've been bouncing around on my current weight for awhile and was frustrated too.

Good luck and stay motivated!
Karomal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 03:59 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 295/tkr/195

Height: 5'9"

Hi there!! and I think you'll find the 3FC forum to be really helpful and very encouraging... I know I did and still do. For me personally, losing weight has really been about what I eat, how much I eat and when I eat. It's like 85% of my weight loss. BUT the exercise is helpful in sculpting muscles, toning, and getting me fit so I can acutally do stuff in my new body. On the exercise front, you gotta just start and do whatever you can do. I started in Feb walking around the neighborhood. I was walking a 15-16 minutes mile for 2 miles. I slowly started adding in jogging spurts. I would jog for as long as I could (like less than a minute) then walk it off. I did more and more... now I can jog an entire 2.25 miles without walking! And that's after I did 30 minutes on the elliptical! I average an 11 minute mile now and I've run one in less than 10! I tell you this because i've been AMAZED at how quickly my muscles and cardio have improved in such a short time. I've never been atheletic and I never thought I would be! I use DailyMile to track my exercise. It's satisfying to be able to see the improvement over time. So, I guess my point is, just do it. Whatever you can, do it. And push yourself a little more each day. You'll be surprised at how your body responds. Especiually at 21-22 years old! GOod luck!

Last edited by Jen516; 07-20-2011 at 04:02 AM.
Jen516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 04:22 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 220/202.4/130

Height: 5'7.5

hello! Welcome to 3fc! I'm relatively new here also, and although I have dieted before, I could never stick to it, and one day I would just give up and binge! 3fatchicks has helped me stay motivated so far, and I've lost approx 15 lbs already. I'm 17 years old btw...
desperate99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 05:12 AM   #5  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

Hey! Welcome! Congrats on keeping those pounds off.

Eating well is the most important part of weight loss. I'm 23 and since I was 16 I had been going to a gym and exercising strenuously—but I never lost any weight (I didn't gain either though). When I started watching what I ate a few months ago, I took off 30lbs.

If you don't want to go to the gym right off, you can just start moving more to get you going Take longer walks, choose the stairs instead of the elevator, etc.
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 05:51 AM   #6  

S/C/G: Current: 252/238/199

Height: 170 cm

Hi people, 27 yr old irish guy here. My mini goal is also sub 200, a few months ago I didnt think i could, as I weighed in at 19 stone (266 lbs) lets push each other to all get this goal!! I have fell off the wagon lately with small things, and struggling, not to lose weight, but to lose it at the rate I want! Another tip starting off, park far away from the shops, that way you have to walk with the shopping, its some mor exercise.
irishlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 06:03 AM   #7  
This time, it's forever..

S/C/G: 187/154/120

Height: 5'6

Hey and welcome Lynniee!

I'm sure you will enjoy this forum! Looking forward to seeing you around!

Oh yeah, present for you to get you started:
melodymist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 08:58 AM   #8  
Sara

S/C/G: 210/190/135

Height: 5'2"

Welcome Lynniee! We're in the same boat. I'm 22 and have set my mini goal to be out of the 190's by Aug 15 (no small task!). You'll find that there are a lot of us 20-somethings here and we even have our own forum. I'm new too, but have found so far that is one of best and most friendly places on the net for weight loss support.
MaineFiddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 09:03 AM   #9  
skinny girl coming out

S/C/G: 203/167.5/110

Height: 5'0

Welcome to the board. I'm new too & have dieted all my life but never stuck to it. Reading the posts on here & seeing the goal pictures just makes it seem like it's possible! Take little steps to get started & remember it's okay to mess up one day but you have to get back on your plan! Hang in there & you can do this!
ticklemepink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 11:19 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 330 / 320 / 175

Height: 5'11

Smile new member

Hey!! I'm also in the same boat as you guys. I'm 24 and weigh in the 300s (not sure how much because I do my first weigh in this weekend at Weight Watchers). I have decided that it is finally time to do something and stick with it.

I'm sure many of you are like me, numerous diets but always giving in to temptation. I also have injured my knee in the past, which limits how much walking I can do because I find my knee gives me trouble before I get tired of walking.

But this time is different, as we're all here to support and help each other through this difficult time. Just seeing many of you are an inspiration as to what we can accomplish if we put our minds to it.

I'm just tired of not being able to keep up when walking with friends. Having to worry that I won't be comfortable sitting if I go somewhere new. I want to be able to walk and not feel winded after like, no time. I want to be able to walk into "normal" stores, instead of the plus sized ones. But most of all, I want to get better for my health. High Blood Pressure and Diabetes run in the family and being a lot overweight doesn't help.

Sorry for the rambling!! New here so thought I'd introduce myself.

Jen
Crazy Newfie Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 12:20 PM   #11  
Maybe one day...

Hi Lynniee. I'm new around here too and so far it's been great for motivation. I'm in my 20s and started out at 230lbs. I'm scared about going to the gym too because I haven't been in a while but going to start back next week. Figure I may as well... there's some great posts on here about good exercise class etc. Good luck with your weight loss. Looking forward to seeing you around the boards xx
skinnysooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 12:31 PM   #12  
AwesomeTif

S/C/G: 200/195/120

Height: 5'1"

Hey!
I'm so happy I found this site!
I have been struggling with my weight and the depression that comes with each pound for as long as I can remember.
It's so nice to know I'm not alone.
tif8J is offline   Reply With Quote