Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 07-18-2011, 05:04 PM   #1  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

Default False advertising (bra)?

Hello Chicks,

I've become so deflated....especially in the last 10 lbs....it seems like it's all coming off from my poor boobies. So, I have these nice bras now from Victoria's Secret. They make me look like I used to in that department. My husband doesn't care and refuses to even discuss me getting implants (which I appreciate, but I know he likes large ample chests). When I walk around though, I kind of feel like a fraud. On the other hand, when I wear regular bras, I feel like I don't look proportionate and that makes me feel even worse. Anyone else doing this type of false advertising?
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 05:12 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 205/167/140

Height: 5'4"

ummm, me! My bra size didn't really change with the first 35lbs I've lost. However with the last 18 lbs, I've had to go down 2 cup sizes and this new one's getting a lil bit loose. I normally wouldn't wear a padded pushup bra, but I just want to have some boobies. I'm a pear, so my top's always been small. I just think my shape looks better with a little boobage. You are not alone!!!!
sniperhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 05:14 PM   #3  

Height: 5'6

Gosh, this post is right up my alley, lol. I recently discovered that due to all my running, my nice ample C chest has been reduced to a full B. I'm not really happy about it. DH hasn't said a word about it. He tells me I still look proportional for my height and weight - at 5'6" and 117 lbs. I was always a B cup until I gained a few years back and went to a C. I just...miss my old boobs, lol. I look okay not too different, I guess. I keep telling myself that I'm still me even with slightly smaller boobs. *shrugs* I went and bought new bras this morning but non-padded ones. I don't know how old you are but I'm 39 and I don't wish to pad myself up at this point in my life. But everyone's different, do what makes you feel good. Congrats on the weight loss.
fitmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 05:14 PM   #4  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

Thanks Eva!
I'm glad I'm not the only one! I'm a pear too and it just seems that all the clothes just look wrong if I don't balance things out up on top. I just keep my fingers crossed that I don't lose anymore volume.
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 05:31 PM   #5  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

I recently bought an underwire bra with foam cups. I suppose you could call it false advertising, because the foam does change the size and shape compared to other bras or bralessness. However, I think of it as putting my boobs where they're supposed to be (instead of letting them fall where gravity takes them).

I have pain and dexterity issues that are variable. I can feel almost normal one day with just a little arthritis pain, and on other days my health issues knock me out. On my worst days, even the best underwire bra is a medieval torture device. It's become a joke between my husband and I, because the location of my boobs (and whether or not he's had to help me put on my bra) has become a barometer of how I'm feeling.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 08:44 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 117/88/77 (Kgs)

Height: 5'8''

I've always had boobs that were not way up there if you know what I mean. I'm 27, not had kids yet, and never really had perky breasts so I don't miss them though I wish they were that way. But now I'm terrified that they'll become even more deflated with fat loss. I'm also pear shaped and I just wish there was a way to direct all the fat loss from my thighs cos my boobs are taking an unfair blow! Thank God for bras but when I take them off?
fight2winthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 10:01 PM   #7  
Progress not perfection

S/C/G: 235/170/150

Height: 5'7

Heck ya, I wear VS push up bra, and I've really never cared if its false advertising lol... we all like to look nice in our clothes, so if we gotta wear push ups, or spanx, or corsets oh well... whatever makes US feel good and I think its even better that you have a husband already, so you dont have to worry about a date feeling misled. You have no worries in my book.
jillnicole03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 10:00 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 160/160/115

Height: 5'2"

Oh my gosh, the more padding the better! (Until I get to goal and I can get nice proportional fake ones put in.) I've got no problem with false advertising.

I'd like to think a new partner 1) isn't so shallow that they're only dating me for my body and 2) will appreciate that I'm putting effort into my appearance. And if not, screw her.

Last edited by mayness; 07-19-2011 at 10:01 AM.
mayness is offline   Reply With Quote