Ideal Protein Diet - How Do You Know?

View Full Version : How Do You Know?

JessicaCocaCola
07-16-2011, 09:49 PM
How do you know if your body is in ketosis? I have been doing IP for almost a month and I am just wondering how you know if it has happened or not?

Lone Loser
07-16-2011, 10:11 PM
I would like to know the answer to that question too. Somedays I am full of energy and not hungry and then other days I have no energy what so ever. It concerns me because I am afraid I might be going in and out of ketosis and I've heard that is hard on your body. I am following this IP plan Phase I to the letter. So I don't think I am messing up.

coliep
07-16-2011, 10:53 PM
I have the same question. I have read what the indicators may be (bad breath, body odor, dry mouth & thirst, reduced hunger, increased energy, insomnia) and I feel I have had some/all but not ALL the time. My energy level change. A few days I felt really fantastic and assumed I was in ketosis and today I felt weak/tired, needed a nap and a 4th IP packet and 4 cups of coffee . . . I was just dragging. I have heard mixed reviews on Ketostix.

would love to know is whether the changes in my energy level/hunger etc. can occur while remaining in ketosis or if I am somehow going in / out every couple of days . . .