Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 07-07-2011, 09:25 AM   #1  

Height: 5'5

Default Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I am so sick of not losing weight!

I haven't eaten sugar in a freeking week, and I eat a combination of protien and vegs for breakfast and lunch--but when dinner time comes around, I tend to binge or over eat!

So now--I've spent, like, two years dieting with nothing to show for it but that I haven't kept gaining.

It's really really frustrating. I'm writing this down because these kind of feelings usually make me throw up my hands and give up.

Grrrr. So angry at my body.
Stopfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 09:36 AM   #2  

S/C/G: ticker

Height: 5'6.25''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stopfat View Post

I haven't eaten sugar in a freeking week, and I eat a combination of protien and vegs for breakfast and lunch--but when dinner time comes around, I tend to binge or over eat!

So now--I've spent, like, two years dieting with nothing to show for it but that I haven't kept gaining.

It's really really frustrating. I'm writing this down because these kind of feelings usually make me throw up my hands and give up.

Grrrr. So angry at my body.
Do you write everyting down that you eat? (Including bites, licks, and tastes)

You said you havent had sugar in a week and you are upset that you havent lost anything... you didnt put the weight on in a week... weight loss is not linear... you wont lose it in a week. Good luck. try not to be so easily discouraged.

Regarding the binging... maybe eat more earlier in the day to avoid the binge?
170starting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 02:15 PM   #3  
Made of Starstuff

No giving up. Giving up = out of control weight gain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stopfat View Post

...--but when dinner time comes around, I tend to binge or over eat!

...So angry at my body.
Don't be angry at your body. Your body is doing what is natural for it. It absorbs the food we choose to give it. No more. No less.

You recognize that dinner time is somehow a trigger for overeating. Have you thought about how you're doing to address it?

Are you vigilant about your food? Logging every bite? Planning your meals ahead of time? Or are you waiting until you're starving and then grab the first thing to sate your hunger which turns out to be more than you need?

What steps are you taking to fix the problem with the binging pattern?
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 02:20 PM   #4  

Height: 5'5

Thanks. I know weight doesn't come on in a week, but I get impatient.

I think I need to figure out an easy way to lose weight. I've been really small, but I wasn't happy, so I don't want to have to do a ton of work to be a comfortable size. I know what kind of work it took to be as small and fit as I was, and I want to devote that energy to other areas of my life right now.

But if I don't want to do a ton of work then I can't really expect to see quick results-- Though I would like to see some results.

I bet that if I ate only salad for dinner every day, that would really help. I am fine managing hunger earlier in the day, but evening time gets a little hairy.

I just need to find a way to lose weight that isn't too restricting, but be patient about the results.

I guess that every step is valuable in the process of losing weight.

This thread was really just a way of venting so that I didn't cave into my discouragement. And I haven't yet. I am just going to try something new.

Thanks for the reminder to be patient--losing weight is not a quick process.
Stopfat is offline   Reply With Quote