Biggest Loser Challenges - Blue Team Summer Meltdown Chat Week 6 (07/04-07/10)

Bigmid
07-05-2011, 12:10 AM
Hi everyone,

Well I'm back from a mini vacation and it was good to get away. The weather was good as well.

Saw some good friends and we went to some fireworks for Canada Day

I hope all the Canadians had a great Canada Day as well and Happy July 4th to our American team members. Hope your all having a great day today.

Well we have our results:

Congratulations to our biggest losers for week 5:carrot::carrot::carrot:

Biggest Loser:
brizza, -5.6lbs, -2.81%:D:carrot:

Honorable Mentions:
Somni, -5lbs, -1.99%:D
bnhtla06, -3.5lbs, -1.73%:D
KayakGal, -2.4lbs, -1.19%:D

Well we lost 2 and had 8 Freebies used.

9 people are in danger of being eliminated next week so please make sure you are posting on time. If you have to put in your weight today and then edit it on Sunday you can at least you will have a weight put in.

Well it was a long day so I won't stay on long.

:bday2you:Happy Belated Birthday Vanessa:woo:

mumtoliam
07-05-2011, 03:21 AM
Thanks! I had a truly awesome week!!!

I am soooo greatful for this challenge... I was struggling at the end of last challenge and for the first few weeks on this one. I was at a plateau and knowing that you were all here for support helped me! The last time I was the weight I am now was back in 2004. I tried lots of other diets and never got below the 117kg mark. Last night I weighed in at 114.7kg. I feel awesome!!! I have so much more energy than I did back at the start of the year at 127.4kg. Last school holidays I sat around planning my meals, exercising when I felt like it. These holidays I have got stuck into household tasks that have been needing attention. I cleaned out my pantry yesterday, culled my linen press and reorganised. Today I got stuck into the wardrobe and sorted out my clothes. I have got rid of all winter stuff I havent worn because it is too big, and culled some of my summer/spring outfits because it will give me an OUT! I have worked out there are 9 weeks left of Winter for me! And I want to blossom in Spring! So I won't need the bigger sized bottoms and shirts. Cause I will never be wearing them again!!! I found a pair of pants I wore in 1998!!! They were a favourite of mine and I only wore them a couple of times because I got bigger. I kept them always hoping I could fit into them. I was 14kg lighter when I wore them. So that is my next goal. To fit into my old favourite pants and then to buy some new favourite pants! Woohoo!

Beck
07-05-2011, 07:26 AM
I had the first week in a long time that I lost less than 2.5lbs- only 1lb last week, and while it was a loss, it still bugged me that it wasn't more. I think a part of it was that I didn't drink enough all week long. We were at the park Monday, beach Tues., camping Wed-Fri, and I just didn't hydrate myself as needed. I'm back on track with my water consumption now.

TOM has arrived and I can always expect a whoosh after that, so hope next weigh in will be better.

Have a great week, everyone!

mumtoliam
07-05-2011, 09:56 AM
Congratulations brizza, Somni, bnhtla06, and KayakGal.

Way to go! What awesome results!!! I would love to be losing bigger numbers but I am happy each week with a loss. It is helping me get to my goals.

Beck - a loss is a loss and TOM may be affecting your weight.

I woke up this morning with TOM and usually when I am due I am bloated and have a small weightloss but this week I lost my second highest loss ever. WT? I still dont understand my body LOL

I had a second date tonight and I have come home really positive. We are meeting again on Friday night. We have been out 2 nights since the weekend and I have asked him over for dinner but stressed I want to take things slow... I am feeling really awkward/nervous/anxious with my size and being intimate with someone after sooooo long. I am hoping he heard me when I said dinner and taking things slow and not read into it when I said come over LOL

Hope everyone had a great July 4th weekend. Can't wait to hear what you all got up to.

Bigmid
07-05-2011, 10:11 AM
Hi just wanted to say good morning and post results:

BLUE TEAM won for week 5.................GREAT JOB EVERYONE that's awesome as some of us posted gains and a lot didn't post so a BIG CONGRATULATIONS to everyone wiith losses this past week.

I'll be back later to post more must get to work on time:)

DrivenByAmbition
07-05-2011, 05:41 PM
Summer has started out rough... I'm trying to get back on plan. You all are doing wonderful.

mumtoliam
07-06-2011, 03:22 AM
ERGHHHHHH! I feel awful - I havent felt this bad with my TOM ever... could I be coming down with something.

My periods are the heaviest they have ever been requiring clothing changes so far 3 times today... I feel like buying maternity pads. In fact if it continues tomorrow I will be!!! I wanted to go to the gym and I have no energy. I feel faint, and desperate need for red meat! Does anyone else get like this - cause I cant ever remember feeling like this! Does the feeling last for long? I am hoping I am not coming down with something!

PacSunMama
07-06-2011, 04:00 AM
I have been following this challenge but was late to sign up. I'd really like to join as an unofficial member, would it be okay if I joined the blue team? I'll be weighing in tomorrow for this thread, but Sunday was at 206! My sw was 250 and that's when I left the hospital with my new baby on April 14.

Anyways, I'd love to give and receive support, if you'll have me! Thanks!

dream710
07-06-2011, 10:35 AM
Way to go blue on winning week 5 :carrot: I managed to post a gain last week and so far this weeks not looking good. :( I've been struggling the last week or two. I eat when I'm not hungry and have been eating way to many carbs. On a positive note I'm super excited to say I jogged 6 miles nonstop on Sunday morning. The most I had ever done is 4. Looking forward to going the distance again on Saturday.

Pac-we'd love to have you join our team. :hug: Congrats on the new baby!

Mum-I can't say that I've ever been through that. I hope TOM makes a quick exit.

Driven-I'm struggling too. Keep trying, we both will eventually get back on track.

Bigmid-glad to hear you had a nice mini vacation.

Laura G
07-06-2011, 12:25 PM
Way to go Blue team!
I hope you all had a great weekend and are back in the swing of things. I am happy to report that I managed to stay OP all weekend, and the scale shifted down today - a little bit, but a shift is great! Gotta keep hydrated and keep active!
Let's keepup the great effort all - we can do this! Winning three weeks in a row - AWESOME STUFF!

Somni
07-06-2011, 12:38 PM
Congrats blue team! YAY!!! :cheer3::cheer3::cheer3:

Hope everyone had an amazing weekend! Mom in law just left this morning. We had an amazing visit with her and did lots of fun stuff, but it's always nice to get back to the same old too. :)

Welcome Pacsunmama and congrats on the new baby!

YAY Laura for staying OP! Downward shift is good. :)

PacSunMama
07-06-2011, 06:07 PM
dream and somni, thanks for the welcome!

I know it doesn't "count" but my sw for shadowing this challenge is 208.8. I have to do some major damage control from the weekend! I'm excited to get out of the 200's but I need to really step it up and work hard. I started the C25K program again yesterday. Last time I did it was about 6 years ago and after I was finished with the program, I joined team in training and ran a full marathon 6 months later!! Of course, I was 2nd to last, but I finished! I'd love to run a half marathon again, even though I hate running, I LOVE crossing finish lines. There's just nothing else quite like it!

Anyways, thanks again for the welcomes, and I hope I can help support and encourage you guys!

QuillysQuest
07-07-2011, 09:51 AM
Way to go Blue!!!!!
Congrats everybody on another win!! We rock!!

brizza, Somni, bnhtla06, and KayakGal - Congrats on the major weight loss! You're doing so great!!!

PacSunMama - Welcome! Of course we'd love to have ya join us! :) Congrats on the new bundle of joy in your life! :) Wow, a full marathon, huh? That's quite a feat! I hope you can get yourself in shape for doing something else like that again just in case you want to! :)

Dream - Keep with it girl! What an awesome accomplishment to jog 6 miles!! That's great!! Major NSV!!! :)

Laura - Way to go with staying OP! That's great!

As for me, I'm actually rather pleased with myself for keeping track of my food perfectly this week. I usually give up after a day or two of trying to track, but this week so far I've tracked everything every single day, so I'm feeling pretty good about that. lol

Also, I've been on the low side with my calories for the most part (not intentionally, I did try to hit them!) and I've been really active, so I'm really hoping it'll all show on the scale this week. We'll see! Even if it doesn't show on the scale though, I'm happy with everything I've done and I've been enjoying it, so it's all good! :)

Good luck this week my Blue Buddies!!

bnhtla06
07-08-2011, 12:48 AM
The scale doesn't seem to be moving much, but I've had two NSVs today. First, I went in for an annual checkup and my bloodpressure is good and my irregular heartbeat seems to have found it's rhythm. Still waiting to hear about the cholesterol, but so far so good. 2nd, my son went off to look at headphones at the store and then couldn't find me (he's 15, so don't panic). He told me he thinks he passed me several times but didn't recognize me from the back because I look so much thinner than I used to. Now that's a good day!

KayakGal
07-08-2011, 12:01 PM
Yeah Blue Team! I had a couple of good weeks but I think this one will be a bust. I don't think I will have to post a gain but I will be lucky if I have a loss. I am a little stressed so I tend to eat my stress away. I really can't exercise the stress away because my job involves constant walking and/or lifting. I will stop whining now. Sorry! I hope you all are having a great week.
Go Blue Team!

Laura G
07-08-2011, 01:25 PM
Quilly - good for you! I hate journalling my food - I awlays give up after the first 2 meals, never mind the first 2 days - so good for you for doing it a whole week!

Kayak - you are definitely entitled to an off week. Just keep the damage minimal, and get right back on track. Maybe you can find soe other stress releiver - meditation or a good book?

bnhtla06 - those are major NSV's! :woohoo: Good for you! You've lost a lot of weight very quickly, your body may just need to slow down this week to readjust! Don't worry - you are doing everything right! It's all about our health first and foremost, weight loss is just a nice side effect!

Pacsunmama - welcome! Hard to believe the little one will be 3 mnths old next week, isn't it? Congratulations!

Somni - glad you had a great visit and a good weekend. I too was glad to get back to the same old routine! Changes in routine usually mess up my eating habits, so I'm glad to be back in my comfort zone!

Dream - 6 miles?! Holy crow - that's fantastic! Good for you! Maybe you've been eating the carbs because your body needs the energy for running? Have you analyzed when you most want to eat them? Maybe track your exercise and eating times and see if there is any correlation. You can do this - don't stress over the struggle, keep on doing the things you know are right and eventuallly the weight will come off. You must be a super fit person to jog 6 WHOLE MILES! Unbelievable!

Driven - thanks for the cheers! You will conquer this! Finish summer with gusto!

Mumtoliam - hopefully you are feeling better. My heart goes out to you. When I was having my period it would go for days like a waterfall (anywhere from 7-14 days!) I always felt draggy those days. My doctor ended up putting me on iron and B12 vitamins. If this is not normal for you, maybe you should get checked out? Better safe than sorry!

Beck - drink drink drink! water is essential for our bodies and you're right, it could be why you had a smaller loss last week. Don't be over concerned though - you know what to do and are doing it. Please remember that your body will also need time to readjust every once in a while - so a slow loss or a maintain will be inevitable - but keep on keeping on and it will come off!

Bigmid - glad you had a great mini vacay! I didn't get to see the fireworks this year - my DD went to bed very early that night, and I had a ton of work all weekend so I also went to bed early. Thank you for taking care of us throughout this challenge - it's really appreciated!

Brizza - Congratulations! Good job! Hope you are having a great week!

I'm off to post my official wi - I'm happy to report I've lost 2 lbs!
Have a great weekend all, see you on Monday!

myhaloisintheshop
07-08-2011, 02:29 PM
After a horrible gain over the holiday weekend Im slowly making progress BACK to where I was when i weighed in on friday. It was really hard to get back on track this week!

Soon2BFitChick
07-08-2011, 08:47 PM
Hi! How is everyone! Hope you had a nice holiday!!!! :dance:

Just wanted to say hi. I did 20 minutes last night of exercise! Woohoo! Kids were asleep so I was able to do it non stop. :cp:

Hope yall have a great weekend and hugssssss to each of you!!!! So excited Big Brother 13 just started! Anyone watch it? :) We have watched every one since the 2nd. Never knew about it to watch the first but saw the 2nd and was hooked!! Also did you see they are bringing back Dallas on TNT next summer! Woohoooo!!! Love that show. Still has JR, Sue Ellen, and Bobby too. :) We've visited South Fork up near Dallas and it's a neat place to see. I will need to do some jogging while I watch all these. It's just not true that we have no time to exercise. If we watch any tv, then we sure do! That's how I lost my first 80lbs. Marching, arm lifts, leg lifts, all while watching TV. Use every minute you have. Jog fast while waiting for the stuff to come out of the microwave, two minutes here and there add up!!!! :woops:

Well, take care, talk to u all soon, hugsss, Selina :hug:

bnhtla06
07-09-2011, 01:11 AM
It's good to have you back, Laura. Thanks for the encouragement. Fast or slow, we'll get there right?

QuillysQuest
07-09-2011, 05:04 AM
Welp, looks like I gained back the pound I'd lost last week. Can't say I'm surprised. It's really rare for me to lose more than 3 lbs per weight loss attempt, no matter how long that attempt goes on.

I suspect that the "loss" last week was actually incorrect because I had to do my weigh-in while we had guests in the house, which meant I had to be clothed, and I had to select the light clothing setting on the wii fit, which subtracts 1kg from your weight. I was wearing pretty light clothing, and I doubt they weighed a full kg. So, I think that it only came out as a loss because it over compensated for the weight of my clothing. In reality, I probably have just stayed the same for the last 3 weeks or so.

However, since I've actually kept up really well with my food tracking this week, I have discovered that I haven't been eating nearly enough protein for the body to do what it needs to do. So, this week I'm going to be focusing on hitting the full amount of protein I need, and see if that helps.

I guess we'll see!

Good luck on your weigh-ins everybody! Sorry I couldn't help out!

mumtoliam
07-09-2011, 07:00 AM
Feeling much better... I had 3 really heavy TOM days and it took its toll on my energy levels. Went to PT thursday night even though I wasnt feeling up to it, and I discovered when I'm pushed I actually find the energy. Had another date last night and I cooked dinner. Found a really low fat/salt/calorie main and dessert that I cooked, he was very impressed with the meal, I loved how it fit in my daily intake too LOL. My son came home today from a week at his dad's house. My ex asked my son, "where do you want to live - mummy's or daddy's house?" I was fuming, that is not something that you ask a child. My ex wanted to discuss it with me when he dropped him off, I think it is not something you discuss in front of a child and that's why we went to mediation in February to solve these things GRrrrrrrr! Felt like punching him. Will take it out on the punching bag next time in PT!!Liam told daddy he wanted to live all the time with him. I told ex this is not the place to discuss it. Everytime he goes there ex and new wife are saying things to Liam. It drives me crazy!!!!

I will not eat when frustrated! I will not eat when frustrated!!! I will not eat when frustrated!!!

NancyO
07-09-2011, 01:35 PM
Hey Blue Team, I keep saying I'm going to post more, but I never seem to acutally do it. So that's my goal for next week, to stop by at least 3 times. That and tracking, I think that's my problem with the plateau I've been stuck in for the last year, so I'm going to buy a journal and track EVERYTHING for the next week. Then hopefully I'll keep it up.

The good news is that I was on a mini vacation (with Jacky) last weekend and somehow I've magically lost a pound! Yay! Now hopefully it stays gone at tomorrow's official WI. Have a great day everyone!

PacSunMama
07-09-2011, 02:12 PM
Quilly can you make every week your new weight loss attempt? ;) Then you'll lose 3 pounds each week!!

Laura congrats on the loss! And yes, I can't believe he is already 3 months old, he's getting big way too quickly!

myhalo- I'm in the same boat as you. I'm trying to recover from last weekend, where eating 1200 more calories than I should have magically resulted in gaining 4 pounds. Not sure how the math on that one works out. I'm still trying to work it off, I've been good and today peeked and the scale is up yet another pound. I really don't understand that one. Hopefully I'll see a loss very soon once the baby is done with his 3-month growth spurt/eating around the clock craze.

bnhtla06
07-10-2011, 01:39 AM
Momtoliam: Yuk! TOM problems and ex problems at the same time! I totally sympathize with you. My ex plays those kind of games with my kid too. Sounds like you handled it well, though.

brizza
07-10-2011, 01:59 AM
wow i didnt know i was the winner for this week!!! YAY!!!!
well this week I didnt go to the gym at all, but I have been sticking to my diet so hopefully tomorrow's weigh in will be great, im excited!!!!

QuillysQuest
07-10-2011, 03:58 AM
PacSunMama - Lol! Good point! I think I'll start thinking of it that way! :)

Normally I don't weigh myself other than the weigh in on Saturdays, but on a whim, I decided to weigh myself again this morning, after having eaten much more protein yesterday than I usually do. Not enough, but much more than normal. And today it was back to 252. So, perhaps last week's weigh in wasn't the fluke I thought it was.

Anyway, I know it's only one pound, but I was feeling pretty down yesterday after having been good with exercising and tracking my calories and then gaining a pound, so while it's not a loss, it still makes me feel better. :) And since it was in time, I changed my number on the weigh in thread, so at least I won't be pulling us down with a gain like I thought I would.

NancyO - It's good to see ya! Keep posting! We'd love to hear from you, and congrats on the magical pound lossage! :)

Good luck at the weigh in everybody!!

Beck
07-10-2011, 08:07 AM
Good luck at weigh-in, everybody!

Bigmid
07-10-2011, 09:31 PM
Hi just a half hour left to WI. Back on a bit and will be back more next week. Been a bad leader this week. Not on and not even close to on plan. Not sure what's wrong with me but all I've wanted this week is chocolate and can't seem to quell this feeling.