Old 07-03-2011, 08:48 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 259/181/ 150

Height: 5'7

Default Inspiration Dress

Am I the only one who is going to buy a gorgeous, tiny,WAY too expensive dress for inspiration. I want to buy a really nice designer dress I could wear when I lose weight and was wondering has anyone done that? Any piccies??
WLGirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 08:55 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 222/ticker/140

Height: 5'9"

I have an entire wardrobe of clothes that I have never worn and will love wearing. This wardrobe includes 3 sexy dresses however, they were no more than 50 bucks. One of them I will fit into around labor day....yay! I am so excited. This is a great motivator.
Sunshine87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 09:06 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I bought an "inspiration dress" for a wedding in June. I spotted it in January and just bought it in a smaller size. I fit it perfectly by the wedding and felt absolutely great in it. It was quite inexpensive so I won't mind passing it on toe someone as I continue to shrink.
Here it is: (I changed the buttons to a deep teal)
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 09:29 AM   #4  

Gorgeous colours!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-03-2011, 09:37 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 204/ticker/130

Height: 5'4

I have done this before and it is sooooo rewarding! I've never bought anything expensive though for fear of being unsuccessful...though I guess it would probably motivate that much more!
caitybates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 09:51 AM   #6  
Dukanista

S/C/G: high263/current257/ticker/198

Height: 5'7"

I have a couple of things that I've accumulated over time that I'm hoping to wear when I get smaller - stuff that either fit me for about 5 minutes or that I was close enough that I though they'd fit but then went in opposite direction. These were all really good deals, though.

Personally, I wouldn't spend a lot of money on something because your size and shape may change more than you think - and if you are going to spend $$$, it should look GREAT, not just fit. So personally, I'd save up for a shopping trip to buy that fabulous dress once you are the size you want to be, to make sure you get one that suits your new body perfectly. Even once you are a size 6 (or whatever), not every size 6 dress is going to look fantastic on you - some will be ok, some will be great. You definitely want it to be one of the ones that looks great!

Last edited by April Snow; 07-03-2011 at 10:08 AM.
April Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 09:55 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 325/125/maintaining

Height: 5'6.5

I just did this yesterday, but with jeans and they were on major sale. Levi's jeans, normally $49 and got them on sale for $10! Wear a size 10 in them now and bought them in an 8. I also have the most beautiful blouse I bought a couple months ago from Dillards that should fit me by the end of summer...I hope. It's the first thing I see when I open my closet, lol.
KatMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 10:14 AM   #8  

Quote:
So personally, I'd save up for a shopping trip to buy that fabulous dress once you are the size you want to be, to make sure you get one that suits your new body perfectly. Even once you are a size 6 (or whatever), not every size 6 dress is going to look fantastic on you - some will be ok, some will be great. You definitely want it to be one of the ones that looks great!
Great Advice!! Hadn't thought of that!!
Old 07-03-2011, 10:19 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 322/see ticker/160

Height: 5ft5

I bought a pair of really nice shorts about 7 years ago when I was down to a size I was almost ecstatic about but than started gaining! I have been carrying them around from move to move and now they are my goal. I second the opinion of not spending a lot of money only because if your shape changes it may not fit well even though it fits or maybe it will end up being to big. I would put that money aside for when u reach goal and maybe buy something one to two sizes smaller than you are now for motivation at a discount. Good luck and I know you will get there.
OnMyWayDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 12:37 PM   #10  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

bahaha I did this too, bought a $200 dress thought it would be a motivator, sure it sat there for 4 years, but when it FINALLY fit -- yah it didn't fit right LOL I lost weight in different areas, my waist was way smaller than i thought it would be, it looked horrible and i was out $200

Instead, I focused on a pair of jeans I had when i was NINETEEN years old and still kept LOL and now they fall of me! suck it 19 year old me! hahahah
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 12:51 PM   #11  
kon-fyoo-zed say it aloud

S/C/G: 300/Ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

i have a pair of jeans, and a dress that i'm aiming for... but the jeans were 3 dollars at the salvation army, and the dress was a hand-me-down from my mom.

same idea, just without the money factor.
konfyoozed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 12:56 PM   #12  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

I just fit into a dress I have been hanging onto for almost a decade, that used to fit me and look great. I haven't fit into it since 2003, at least, so it was extremely gratifying to have it zip again (it's going to take some more loss to look good, but it still fits!).

For the same reason Trazey experienced, I am aiming to find a special piece and have some photos done after I hit my first real 'final destination' weight (not a mini goal but an honest-to-goodness end weight, which I may or may not decide to lose more after hitting). I'm afraid if I shop now I might pick something that won't be as satisfying or attractive as it is in my head, so I'd rather do the shopping later and find something that looks amazing on me, in a size I like.
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 11:19 PM   #13  
Finally Losing Myself

S/C/G: SW 278/ CW see ticker/ GW 150

Height: 5'5

Might I suggest if you are a lover of shopping like I am you could also buy a few gift cards as you reach mini goals for the stores you have dreamed of shopping in (mine was Victoria's secret hehe). It is so much FUN to shop in any store I please now. For the first time in my life I can go anywhere and buy whatever my heart desires.

I did have one MAJOR splurge last summer basically spending $500 in a weekend on my summer wardrobe . I shopped in stores I never could and bought things without even looking at the price. But now a year later most of it is all too big and I have passed it on to friends or taken it to a resale shop. Now I am over just buying to buy and I shop sale racks and clearance buying awesome dresses and tops for $4-10 at trendy stores. I do splurge on good fitting designer jeans.
Nikki6kidsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 09:30 AM   #14  
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

Height: 5'8"

I have a pair of designer jeans in a 13 and a MEDIUM Calvin Klein tshirt hanging on my door that I look at every morning and night. They will fit momentarily!
DCHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 10:16 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 381/327/175

Height: 5'10"

Ruth I LOVE that dress! I have a long way to go before Id fit into it tho. I have a closetful of clothes that dont fit me. None of them are "dream outfits" tho because when you're in "supersizes" the selection is limited -- I never spend a lot of money on clothes because Ive always been on a diet and figure when Im at goal I'll spend the money. I cant wait to buy clothes at a "normal" store or at a bargain rack. In the meantime, I've got jeans and tops in a range of sizes in my closet to go thru.
noregrets4me is offline   Reply With Quote