Old 06-28-2011, 01:34 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 234/200/125

Height: 5'0"

Question IP "Icecream"???

Is there any way to use the ready made chocolate shake as icecream?? Will it freeze, or is there any way to use any of the IP items to make it more like ice cream? Maybe mix a pudding with the shake and freeze it? If I did something like that wouldn't that make me take in too many IP packets/foods in one day? Thank you!!
want to be me again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 01:39 PM   #2  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

if you freeze the RTD its like lce milk....I have never had it but I have seen a few post about them freezing.
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 01:42 PM   #3  
New to IP Program

S/C/G: 223/208/160

Height: 5'9"

I tried it and left it in the carton. It was very difficult to eat once you cut it out of the carton. It does take a lot of time to eat if you are looking for a treat while watching TV or a movie.
TinaCleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 01:54 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
if you freeze the RTD its like lce milk....I have never had it but I have seen a few post about them freezing.
I have a feeling I should know this, and will probably realize that I knew once you tell me, but what is RTD?

TinaCleg, thanks! I will be sure to pour it into another container if I try freezing it
Old 06-28-2011, 02:09 PM   #5  

RTD=Ready To Drink

I've mixed a little Walden Farms chocolate syrup with WF marshmallow dip, frozen it in a paper cup with a popsicle stick, & it makes a pretty good fudgesicle... haven't tried the RTDs that way, but it should work...

hugs
Aunt Sheshie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 02:10 PM   #6  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Sheshie View Post
RTD=Ready To Drink

I've mixed a little Walden Farms chocolate syrup with WF marshmallow dip, frozen it in a paper cup with a popsicle stick, & it makes a pretty good fudgesicle... haven't tried the RTDs that way, but it should work...

hugs

something to add to my shopping list!! sounds delicious!
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 05:06 PM   #7  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

I have a recipe for IP legal ice cream that Carla posted a long time ago. I'll post it when I get home!
Mrs Diettrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 08:48 PM   #8  

IP Ice Cream by Ruthie Buxbaum

1/2 cup ice
1 choc or vanilla ready made drink
1/2 cup very cold water
1 packet choc or vanilla or even strawberry pudding
2 droppers of the sweet leaf stevia extract for sweetness (like chocolate, hazelnut, toffee, orange, berry, or even peppermint)

Place all above ingredients in order in blender. Mix VERY well in the blender. Add to ice cream maker & 20 mins later... VOILA... ice cream.

I made this in my Kitchen Aid ice cream maker and it was great!
Old 06-28-2011, 09:22 PM   #9  

Height: 5'10"

I add additional water to the vanilla pudding and put it in the freezer for an hour or two. I am pretty sure if you left it in the freezer longer it would get to hard to scoop.
hemimom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 06:00 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Diettrich View Post

1/2 cup ice
1/2 cup very cold water
2 droppers of the sweet leaf stevia extract for sweetness (like chocolate, hazelnut, toffee, orange, berry, or even peppermint)

Place all above ingredients in order in blender. Mix VERY well in the blender. Add to ice cream maker & 20 mins later... VOILA... ice cream.

THANK YOU!! We're going to dinner at my mother n law's this Sunday, and we were supposed to have ice cream for dessert. I told her it would be no problem to bring my own dessert, and even better if it could be something similar to what everyone else is eating! I'll try it!
Old 06-29-2011, 06:00 AM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemimom View Post
I add additional water to the vanilla pudding and put it in the freezer for an hour or two. I am pretty sure if you left it in the freezer longer it would get to hard to scoop.
Thank you! I'm going to try that!
Old 06-29-2011, 06:26 AM   #12  
started 2/22/11

S/C/G: 233/184/165

Height: 5' 7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemimom View Post
My coach called me last week to tell me about the above recipe....she used the chocolate drink mix, added water, and was able to make 2 fudgecicles! Haven't tried it yet....sounds yummy tho!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Diettrich View Post

1/2 cup ice
1/2 cup very cold water

Yummy!!! I don't have an "ice cream maker"....but I do have an ice cream "ball".....hmmmm...may have to try it out!! Thx!!
disgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 08:13 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 187.6/156.4/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:

1/2 cup ice
1/2 cup very cold water

This sounds very good I'll have to try it this summer!
Shanelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 08:49 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 196/165/150

If money is no object, you may want to invest in a Vitamix blender. The Profesional Series 500 model makes smoothies and frozen desserts (as well as hot soups - it is an amazing appliance!). I have mixed the chocolate pudding, capuccino and chocolate drink with ice, water and a dash of DaVinci syrup for a delicious, icy drink. With less water, I could get a denser frozen treat. I believe Williams Sonoma carries the Vitamix.
DCCyclist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 10:30 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by want to be me again View Post
THANK YOU!! We're going to dinner at my mother n law's this Sunday, and we were supposed to have ice cream for dessert. I told her it would be no problem to bring my own dessert, and even better if it could be something similar to what everyone else is eating! I'll try it!
One thing to be aware of is not to let it sit too long in the freezer if you want to eat it fairly immediately (or just give it ample time to thaw a bit) - because of the high water amount in the ice cream, too much time in the freezer and it freezes like a rock! After discovering that, I ended up just letting mine sit in the fridge and it really made a lovely milkshake. :-)