Old 06-24-2011, 12:50 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 175/127/125

Height: 5'5"

Default Share your experience with your clinic?

Hello everyone,

So I've been in the program only a bit over a week, and so far loving it and I have no plans of stopping, however, it's kind of disheartening that I seem to have landed in a very "different" IP clinic from what others have described.

So here's my experience:

My doctor told me about this program, I came home and read voraciously about it for two days. Finally I called and made an appointment. The information I was given during the first day by a physician (not my coach) was just scarce. If I hadn't read ahead of time, I wouldn't even have known what to ask. They weighed me in an analog scale, took measurements of my arms, legs and waist and sent me on my way.

The following week I made an appt for first WI and the day I showed up my "coach" was not there, so I returned the next day (thank god I had a few packets left), and the coach wasn't there again, so someone else at that clinic who is on the program took care of me. She was really nice and told me about her experience so far on the program, made suggestions about the food (mostly what items people seem to like and dislike), etc. I was weighed again in an analog scale, which this girl admitted was "off" by 1-2 lbs. In fact, according to my own scale, by more than that. So I can't even rely on their scales, and here I was thinking that I was going to be told how much of my weight is fat and water and all those wonderful things that I hear other people in the forum talking about.

This is not going to deter me of course. If worse comes to worse I'll find out what other clinics are around, even if I have to drive longer. I also don't mean to sound whiny. I know that some people are doing this by themselves and everything, but since I chose to do it this way, and I'm paying for it, I wish they were more professional.

So, can you guys share a little bit of your own experiences at your clinic? I just would like to assess whether I'm overreacting...

P.S. So far I have not even met my real "coach". But the girl who gave me the products this last week told me that this "coach" isn't even on the program and it's hard for her to relate or give advise on some aspects, because she's never tried it! I thought all coaches were current/former IPers!
Gika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 02:14 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 243.6/196.4/165

My coach has been good. She was on the diet and has been in maintenance for a about a year. She is always there for my appointment. She goes through the options of food and has made suggestions on how to use them. Also she has provided some recipies for veggies so that I have more variety and don't get tired of veggies. We talk about any issues that I had, like the first week when I had a headache for 2 days and leg cramps.

It sounds like your coach is 'half assing' it. I'd get a new one.
murleya1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 02:57 PM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gika View Post
Hello everyone,

So I've been in the program only a bit over a week, and so far loving it and I have no plans of stopping, however, it's kind of disheartening that I seem to have landed in a very "different" IP clinic from what others have described.

So here's my experience:

My doctor told me about this program, I came home and read voraciously about it for two days. Finally I called and made an appointment. The information I was given during the first day by a physician (not my coach) was just scarce. If I hadn't read ahead of time, I wouldn't even have known what to ask. They weighed me in an analog scale, took measurements of my arms, legs and waist and sent me on my way.

The following week I made an appt for first WI and the day I showed up my "coach" was not there, so I returned the next day (thank god I had a few packets left), and the coach wasn't there again, so someone else at that clinic who is on the program took care of me. She was really nice and told me about her experience so far on the program, made suggestions about the food (mostly what items people seem to like and dislike), etc. I was weighed again in an analog scale, which this girl admitted was "off" by 1-2 lbs. In fact, according to my own scale, by more than that. So I can't even rely on their scales, and here I was thinking that I was going to be told how much of my weight is fat and water and all those wonderful things that I hear other people in the forum talking about.

This is not going to deter me of course. If worse comes to worse I'll find out what other clinics are around, even if I have to drive longer. I also don't mean to sound whiny. I know that some people are doing this by themselves and everything, but since I chose to do it this way, and I'm paying for it, I wish they were more professional.

So, can you guys share a little bit of your own experiences at your clinic? I just would like to assess whether I'm overreacting...

P.S. So far I have not even met my real "coach". But the girl who gave me the products this last week told me that this "coach" isn't even on the program and it's hard for her to relate or give advise on some aspects, because she's never tried it! I thought all coaches were current/former IPers!
"You never get a second chance to make a first impression"....I'd be very put off if my coach didn't even bother to show up for an appointment. I doubt I'd waste my time and would have already found a different, more professional clinic. Your time is valuable too and you are paying for a service that you aren't getting. The Dr you originally spoke to is ultimately the source you need to seek if he is the one who is "backing" the whole thing. The IP clinics here are all in Dr's offices, so they are responsible for their staff.
blkbmr06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 03:17 PM   #4  
New to IP Program

S/C/G: 223/208/160

Height: 5'9"

My Coach also used the program and lost 40lbs so she knew it worked! She is super helpful and a great listener. I would have a very hard time with a Coach that did not care about your success.
TinaCleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 03:34 PM   #5  
started 2/22/11

S/C/G: 233/184/165

Height: 5' 7.5"

The owner of my IP clinic was a client about 2 years ago. He believed in it so much that he began working as a representative to educate Doctor's offices across New England. He found that there was a demand for a clinic in our area so he opened up a couple of clinics. He is very passionate about the plan, and has two fantastic ladies that both work for him and have both lost weight on the plan (and are still following the plan now).

I am very thankful that they are so wonderful, and are always there for me. I even call/text one of the ladies if I ever have any questions
disgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 06:51 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 175/127/125

Thanks a lot for your responses!

I'm completely convinced now that I need to change clinics as soon as possible!

Thanks again
Gika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 09:05 AM   #7  
1/6/14

S/C/G: 296/271/225

I've heard of people having different experiences with their clinics. I live in the Seattle area, and can't say enough about the Alliance Healing Arts center on East Lake. All the coaches are chiropractors and have been on the program. They open as early as 7:30 on M-W-F, so I can get in before work. If my main coach has a chiropractor client booked at the same time, I get another coach who is equally if not more knowledgeable of the diet. One time both weren't available, and I saw someone completely different who had even more experience on the diet. I've had to re-reschedule my appointments at time, and they've always been accommodating to my schedule.

I recently learned the same clinic has a naturopath doctor, so I started seeing her for primary/preventative care. I joked, that I love this one stop shop, now I wish they'd cut my hair! The receptionist pulled out some scissors and joked, we can do that. I better not, take her up on that. LOL!

To be honest I relied heavily on this board in the beginning because I was seeking as much information possible. I didn't think once a week weigh-in consultation was going to be enough. I felt I needed daily information and the support this board provides. Don't get discouraged, I feel Ideal Protein has a lot of support out there available. More than most diets. If your clinic isn't doing it for you, rely on this board and those with tons experience on the diet.

Try and keep it simple for yourself and don't get hung up on counting grams of this or that or jumping on the scale everyday. Just follow the protocol and it should all work out.
Douger963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 11:29 AM   #8  
Started IP June 14, 2011

S/C/G: 274/248/160

Height: 5'7"

I would definitely look for another clinic. A good coach is a key player in your success. At least it is in mine! I need that person to report to and to hold me accountable. I also have confidence in mine since she has been through it and has lived it. You don't need your doctor to go through every illness you've had, but weight loss is an entirely different creature.

Also, get a good digital scale! Mine tells me everything, bone mass, water weight, bmi, amount to goal, total lost....love it!
driveshorses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 12:41 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 201/192/160

Height: 5' 5.5"

I love my IP provider/coach! She's a D.O. and has done the program herself. She runs it out of a physical therapy clinic. She has a special digital scale that also analyzes %body fat, pounds of fat, %muscle mass, pounds of muscle, %water, and basal metabolic rate in addition to total pounds. She also measures my arm, chest, waist, hips, and thigh each week. I use all of this information to keep me motivated.

I wish you the best of luck in finding a more attentive, reliable coach. They're out there...

Karen
karenfromtexas is offline   Reply With Quote