Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-21-2011, 04:03 AM   #1  

Default Hello - Needing a some support

Hello All,

I have been struggling with my weight all of my life. Having been through ups and downs what I am going through now is a down (well, up in terms of my weight). It seems as though since entering college I have been struggling with my weight. I am now in my fourth year and I still have not found a lifestyle that will work so I can keep my weight in a healthy place. I always tend to fall back into the same habits of overeating and eating sweets and sugars that are not good for me. What tends to happen for me is that I am an emotional eater. I eat when I am really sad, when I am bored, or when I am really happy, and whehn this happens I eat a lot. I also do not have a good exercise plan that will work for my busy life. I have recently moved to a place that does not have a gym, and can not afford to pay membership to one, so I am looking for exercise ideas as well. I think that is a good overview of what I have been going through in terms of my weight.

I look forward to sharing information, struggles, and triumphs together!
Verlichten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 04:18 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 326/309/220

Height: 5'5"

Welcome!

I joined very recently and so far I've found a ton of information that's aiding me daily in my struggle to get healthy.

I am sure if you have a peek around and stick around you can change too!

It's tough being on a college budget.

Have you tried doing some research for free Nutrition classes and grocery shopping "lessons"? We have things like that around here that are extremely helpful.

You don't need a gym to exercise at all!! If you need instruction and you prefer to follow a coach you can find free videos on youtube and even download some off the web. Clear a space on the floor and get to doing those situps and crunches and pushups! Instead of buying weights lift soup cans and those heavy text books instead! Look for tracks and parks nearby where you can go walking. You don't have to have a set time to schedule a workout routine. Workout when it's convenient for you. 3 10 minute sessions over the course of the day is better than zero.

Last edited by Nekomania; 06-21-2011 at 04:22 AM.
Nekomania is offline   Reply With Quote