Old 06-01-2011, 05:27 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 200/196/165

Height: 5'09

Default Im having a crappy day

Hello sisters, I just need to vent because I am having a crappy day, well a crappy week. I think I need some encouragment and do not want to sound whiney. I know I have not been part of the website long but I have been working on my weightloss for awhile now and i am discouraged. I am going backward on the scale despite my attempts and the last two days have been horrible. As some of you know I am starting W8 of the c25k so I am supposed to run 28 minutes. For the last week i have had a tough time with allergies. I went ahead and tried to run and could not go past 10 minutes, I am back to 201 pounds, I am starting to cheat a little bit, and to top it all off the last two days when I look at myself in work clothes my arms lookpudgy and nothing looks right on me. Im just frustrated

Dana
dmam82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 06:52 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 186.6/181.8/150

Height: 5'9"

Hey there!
We all have crappy days (weeks....months....). I have a problem trying to be a perfectionist. And then when I fail, I usually end up screwing myself over more. Congrats on getting to week 8 of c25k, that's huge! Don't beat yourself up over not getting past 10 minutes. You yourself said you are having allergy issues. Take deep breaths. Instead of focusing on what you don't like about the way you look, choose a couple of things you do. Next time you "cheat" talk yourself through it and ask yourself if you really want it and if it will make you feel better. I hope things get back on track for you! And we are all here!!!
ade903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 09:37 AM   #3  

Thanks Ashley! Thats really helpful. Im feeling much better today and I think Im gonna tone it down this week as far as the running goes and start back up next week when I feel a little better. Thanks again for the reply.

Dana
Old 06-02-2011, 05:07 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 224/188/147

you will feel better soon, its a total nightmare and when your stuck in a slump it very hard , but you have done super so far so hang in there, the secret is to not give up ;0 .. Well thats what i have been told
curlysue82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 05:11 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 198/ticker/138

Height: 5'7"

That's alright, we all do,,,,never too early to turn it around......

Speaking of bad day,,,,I dropped my phone and not only busted the glass but I can't hit any buttons, pick up calls, etc.....this going to be expensive,,,I just know it! ....and I'm trying really hard not to hit the candy which makes me feel better. I know after it will just make me feel even worse.

I'll get through this and so will you Dana. Hang in there. Tomorrow a new day!
BoxerFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 09:48 AM   #6  

Thanks girls! it means alot to me to have support on here. Im just gonna start back up on monday after I feel better and keep ona going. You guys are wonderful.

Dana
Old 06-03-2011, 10:26 AM   #7  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

This allergy season has been awful! I don't know how people with bad allergies have been doing it.

I'm sorry you're in a slump, but this too shall pass. I did C25k with a friend last summer and we both had slump weeks. Lucky for us, we crapped out different weeks so the other person was always there to give a push when needed. My poor friend didn't have allergies, but heartburn. If she forgot to take her meds before we ran it would not be pretty. There were definitely some nights where we called it quits after 10 minutes, but ya just pick it up the next day and keep on going!

I hope your slump passes soon
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 05:04 PM   #8  

Thanks Jen! This season has been awful I thinks its because it was so cold here late in the spring then it rained alot and then onday out of the blue everything started growing and the polen was high. I got back on the tredmill yesterday and was still wheezy so I went back to the short intervals in week 1 until I can get over this crud. It was nice to do that because I wasnt getting winded and did not start coughing. Hopefully I get over it soon and can get "back in the running" so I can do my first 5k in july.

Dana

Old 06-07-2011, 05:30 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 252/215/150

Height: 5'10

I think we all know the emotional rollercoaster that is weight loss. One day you feel like you can conquer the world and the next you feel hopeless and fat. Some days you feel like you could run for miles and others it's a struggle to just drag yourself outside. I promise "this too shall pass" just keep at it. Don't let a short slump turn into weeks and months of eating without abandon. You've worked too hard to go back.

An aquaintance of mine who I do 5ks with is a serious runner. I was talking to her one day about being frustrated with taking a step backwards in my running. She said something along the lines of "running is like anything else, you have good days and days where you can barely run a mile (she does half marathons), it happens to everyone." It really helped me alot to hear that.
Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 11:03 PM   #10  
It's me, Ashleyyy!

S/C/G: 291/~/185

Height: 5'8"

Totally crappy day here too..... Ugh, so crappy I don't even want to go into it. . . . Breath.... Can't wait for tomorrow.
smashlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 10:19 AM   #11  

Thanks again Scarlett! You and your friend are both right, this week is starting to be better I went ahead and started lifting, Im running again today and I think Ive almost cleared up.

Smashlers-itll be ok, Look at everything you have done so far just keep with it.