Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 09:07 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 185/182/150

Height: 5'7"

Default IP Daily Chat Tuesday May 31

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- Introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
IP = Ideal Protein
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = On program

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
AND
posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

To read about the big losses, NSVs, and inspiring stories you missed yesterday: click here
Old 05-31-2011, 09:12 AM   #2  

Woo hoo, I think I did it right!?!

Good Morning, I took an extra day off to recover from our long weekend. I need to get my house cleaned up, it is a wreck. But so far all I have done this morning is catch up on here.

I hope everyone had a great weekend!
Old 05-31-2011, 09:31 AM   #3  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandam6 View Post
Woo hoo, I think I did it right!?!

Good Morning, I took an extra day off to recover from our long weekend. I need to get my house cleaned up, it is a wreck. But so far all I have done this morning is catch up on here.

I hope everyone had a great weekend!
Thanks for staritng the new thread. I am on bberry at the car dealership so couldn't quite manage it from the handheld. I too took an additional day. Love those days when kidlet goes to daycare and I don't go to work. Have a great day.

I had WI 13 yesterday. Down another 1.6lbs for a toal of 35. I'm going to recommit to measuring meat, veg, and oil. Might do a few days of skipping the restricted product too. I want to get the scale moving faster again... I have seen lost inches, and I am in smaller pants too.
Old 05-31-2011, 09:32 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 247/189/145

Height: 5'2"

Good morning, all!!!

I've been on IP for three full weeks, and I'm starting on my fourth. I feel great, my older clothes fit great, and I haven't seen a slowing in weight loss yet, even with my TOM just passing!

My NSV this weekend was going to the movies and not having anything that they sell! I brought my seltzer water in a can and a cookies & cream IP bar. Didn't even ask my movie buddy for ONE SINGLE kernel! That's just great for me. Also, for the first time in a very long time, I felt motivated to actually do stuff around the house... I weeded, sprayed for bugs, refilled the bird feeder, vacuumed, went to Home Depot, spackled some holes, washed three loads of laundry, took out the trash, swept the kitchen, brushed the cat, then grilled some burgers and broccoli for dinner. I can't remember the last time I had so much energy! (And - this is horrible - but I'm actually looking forward to going back to work today after a long weekend. I think I like the structure of my work days on IP!)

I will have my first "official" WI and measurements done at my clinic next week, and I plan on staying OP to make the most of it!

Also, I found a huge selection of WF products at Kroger. I think they are only located south and east of Ohio, but they had a ton of items I was going to mail order - the chocolate and caramel syrups and dips, the pancake syrup, ketchup, and dressings. I got the caramel dip (okay, weirdly sweet taste), ranch dressing (not too bad on a burger) and the balsamic dressing that I haven't tried yet. I mixed the WF honey dijon with some dijon mustard, olive oil and apple cider vinegar - delicious!

I hope everyone had a great weekend and happy Tuesday!!
Old 05-31-2011, 09:38 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 158/157/130

Height: 5'4

Hi ladies,
I'm on day 2 of Week 3. I haven't seen the scale move in Since Sat and I've been 100% OP. Did many of you have a slow down in the 3rd week? I'm thining of skipping restricteds for this week if so.... Thoughts?
Old 05-31-2011, 09:52 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 247 / 247 / 180

Height: 5'6

Good morning everyone!!!

I am now at day 4 of my first week and I don’t even have the urge to cheat or even cravings for that matter. I am so happy because my first time around I had a whole bunch of cravings and I had a hard time saying no to people. Now I am looking at it in the long run and I am able to do this for a couple of months then learn how to eat well without going overboard and just enjoying life !
That being said, it is “finally” my TOM. Yes finally because I have been expecting it since Saturday..(I got kind of scared…now would not be a good time to have a baby with the new house on the way and all the expenses happening…not that there’s ever a good time to really have a baby we would have been happy but not now. .. lol) but I knew that IP could have an effect on TOM. So on my first WI on Friday morning; hopefully the bloating will have gone down and less water retention so I will show a significant amount of weight loss.

Anyway I can’t wait to try the Bigmac in a bowl on Saturday..mmm!!

Have a great day on IP everyone..YOU deserve it
Old 05-31-2011, 09:58 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babyblues4 View Post
Hi ladies,
I'm on day 2 of Week 3. I haven't seen the scale move in Since Sat and I've been 100% OP. Did many of you have a slow down in the 3rd week? I'm thining of skipping restricteds for this week if so.... Thoughts?
I had a bit of a slow down 4 or 5 weeks in. You will have better weeks than others. It's hard not to worry about your weight loss, and weighing all the time can drive you crazy. I weigh every day, and in the beginning it would cause panics. I think I was expecting that this wouldn't work for me, just like everything else. But it did! Just know that if you follow this diet, you will lose.

My answer to your question, is that it may not hurt to take your restricted out, but the fact that your scale hasn't moved in 3 days may just be a normal thing. Tomorrow, it may drop a lb or two. This happens to me all the time. I will take weeks off from having restricted just to mix it up a little, but I have noticed most of the time I lose more when I have restricted. IMO I would give it just a little more time, maybe another week. It sounds like you are doing everything right, so keep up the good work! And try not to worry
Old 05-31-2011, 09:59 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 260/170/170

Good Morning everyone.

Found out last night that my bathroom scale is at the end of it's life. I stepped on it and it said 228.8, then I got off and stepped back on and it said 224.2. Like fudge I lost 4 lbs in two minutes! I tested this out a few times and it kept going between the two. I told my husband, and he tried it and said his weight was jumping between 187 and 182. Same thing this morning. Guess we are going scale shopping soon. I have no idea what I weigh at this point, or what my losses are haha. Oh well.

I hope everyone is well!

Last edited by LeaArr; 05-31-2011 at 10:01 AM.
Old 05-31-2011, 10:01 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 152.2/117.6/128

Height: 5'4"

Happy Tuesday everyone! I too have taken today off from work to catch up on homework I could not get done while in DC last week and camped from Friday-yesterday. Slept in the AC for the first time last night and woke up feeling a little crappy. Big NSV, my hubs said, "you have those cute little dimples on your lower back that you always would point out on some girls".... so that is pretty cool. I am giving myself one more week before moving to phase two as I was not perfect foodwise this weekend, but I had already planned not to be. Good news is I am the same exact weight as 3 days ago so no damage done! I think dinner will be grilled skinless/boneless chicken, and chopped green pepper and shiritaki noodles Everyone have a great OP day
Old 05-31-2011, 10:15 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 190/137/140

Height: 5' 2"

Good morning everyone!
I got TOM today and even though I do feel bloated and a little yucky, I have to say how suprised I have been the last couple of TOMS. For my entire adult life I have always had crippling cramps a couple of days before TOM and the first 2 days usually have me dosed up to the eyeballs with painkillers. Since starting IP (I'm on week 8), TOM has just shown up with absolutely no fanfare or noticable warning and even though I do feel a little crampy the first couple of days, I haven't needed any pain killers. This is huge...HUGE for me...for the past couple of years my doctor and I have been talking about a hysterectomy just because of the sheer agony my TOM was putting me through. I pray that this is a sign of things to come and that I'll have many more years ahead with all my 'girly bits' intact!

On another note...I saw 163 on the scale this morning, which officially put me in the 'overweight' category on the BMI scale (not that I have a lot of faith in the BMI scale...but it still feels good to know it!!). I can't wait to see my doctor and weigh in...at least this time when she grabs her copy of the BMI scale she'll be circling a number in the 'overweight' category instead of the 'obese' category before shoving it in my face!

Hope everyone has a great day!!!
Old 05-31-2011, 11:00 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Happy Tuesday everyone!

I have a business lunch today. We are going to St-Hubert BBQ. I am thinking of ordering either a chicken breast (I won't eat the skin) with garden salad on the side or a chicken brochette (chicken on a stick with peppers and onions), again with garden salad. I have my WF salad dressing pack all ready-to-go in my purse! Bring it on, baby!

ETA (edited to add): I just researched the menu and I won't go with the brochette as it is "basted with our famous BBQ sauce" and that is sure to be non-op thing!

I have another business lunch tomorrow (a steak and sushi place).

That said, it also looks like I won't have time to do my official WI this week. I don't think it's a big deal because I usually WI at 2 lbs more than on my home scale, so I will just WI at home and add 2 lbs for this week only... unless I can fit a WI in on Thursday, which I would prefer... We'll see what happens!

Have a great OP day everyone!

Last edited by Susie_Bee; 05-31-2011 at 11:32 AM.
Old 05-31-2011, 11:03 AM   #12  
Start: 4-20-11

Height: 5'6"

These are carry-overs from yesterday. I hope everyone has a very successful day today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susie_Bee View Post
Struggling right now: I just keep wanting to eat. I am not sure if it is physical hunger or emotional/stress hunger but it sure feels physical and I am not sure why. I just had a bar to try and tame it but I want more! ...but I am not going to give in: "Do not give in to failure". I am part of the way through TOM, so maybe that has something to do with it. I finish work soon, then the commute home, then my supper and then I will be going to my tap class tonight so at least that will get my mind off things. Some days are just harder than others.
I think your last sentence said it all. Some days ARE harder than others. I was glad to read further on and saw that you conquered your desire. Having your TOM also plays heavily on your emotions. I'm so proud of you for staying on the program and not giving in to that "wounded child" who was begging for attention. Way to go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happymaple View Post
Hi there, so good to hear how wonderful everyone is doing. I started the program on May 4th and have lost 10 lbs to date. After reading this forum which I just found, I learned my slower progress might be due to eating a restricted item everyday, but 10lbs off my body feels great!

Looking forward to the next 5lbs off and seeing everyone else succeed with IP!
I'm not sure if eating a restricted every day really makes that much of a difference. Look at all aspects of that restricted (protein, carbs, fat, sugar, calories, for example). Take into consideration what your total nutritional intake is. Do you realize just how few actual calories we're eating on a daily basis? Now... I would think... and mind you, this is only my opinion, if that restricted has a lot of sugar in it, it might affect your weight loss, but otherwise, I'm just not too sure about taking the restricted away completely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MInewgoal View Post
Well..I managed to "fry" myself today!

It was gorgeous here in Michigan. 87 degrees. The kids played in the lake for hours..and therefore, I got toasted. The water was way too cold for me to get in

Hope you all had a great day.
Glad to learn that it finally stopped raining over there and that you are now able to enjoy the sunshine. We still need rain here and none is in sight. Be careful with the sun (mother mode on) and use a good sunscreen. (mother mode off)

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertamel View Post
hey everyone,
I went for my first weigh in today, and according to the scale my coach has, I'm only down 2.5 lbs, but according to my scale, I'm down 12. anyone know why there might be a discrepancy? I even weighed myself as soon as I got home and still had this difference. It really discouraged me.
I think I'm going to have to agree with most everyone here who said to keep both weigh ins. Let them be happy with theirs and you know the truth with yours. You may or may not know this, but if their scale is moved around alot; it does affect the accuracy. I remember reading this (perhaps even on this forum). I have a digital scale at home and it reads within .5 pound of my doctor's scale. I don't move my scale around and she doesn't move hers around. Also... those old fashioned "slide the weight until the balance beam in level" types are so inaccurate. If either scale is on carpeting, this, too, will affect the results. There are so many variables.

I'm wondering..... and perhaps someone here can help me out... if you and your coach aren't seeing eye-to-eye, are you allowed to change coaches? This one doesn't sound very compassionate. I mean.. you've made the first step for Goodness Sake! Give a girl a break!
Old 05-31-2011, 11:19 AM   #13  
Start: 4-20-11

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning, Everyone! Today completes Week 6 and as projected, the scale is down another 3 pounds for a total of 18 pounds lost. Life is good.

My mini-goal for this next week is to lose an additional 3.5 pounds. I'm rather excited about this. The brass ring for this week will occur next Monday when I weigh in at the doctor's office.... can't wait to see the expression on their faces. I'm not going to say anything beforehand. If all goes according to plan, I will be about 20 pounds lighter. I'm really looking forward to this. BUT-- as a safety precaution -- if I'm not about 20 pounds lighter, I will be 'almost' 20 pounds lighter and I will accept that. I don't want to set myself up for failure here. I'm having too good a time with this!

Have a Wonderful DAY!!!!
Old 05-31-2011, 11:23 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 190/137/140

Height: 5' 2"

Got my ticker!! Just testing to see if it works!
Old 05-31-2011, 11:37 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 197.6/see ticker/140

Got on the scale this morning and while there wasn't any loss since Friday, there wasn't any gain either! And it's TOM so I'm fine with that for now. I'm hoping there'll be some dang loss this week though. I only had a 2lb loss last week. I just realized tomorrow is my WI. It's not looking good. But then I was eating too many restricteds and again what I did while camping. I need to lay off those dang things!
Have a wonderful OP day everyone!
Closed Thread