Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-04-2011, 01:03 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 238.5/?/no more scale 4 me!

Height: 5ft 4 (on a good day!)

Default not losing anyhting from hips/thighs :(

Okay i am scared to even write this that i'm going to jinx myself but i seem to finally be making progress and starting to see some improvement in the way i look/clothes fit. I don't use the scale anymore so i haven't updated my ticker thing but i know it is working cause i see it in my face, waist, and can tell clothes. However i am not seeing any improvement at all in my hips/thighs. I tried on a skirt this morning and i couldn't even get it up past my hip/thighs. And this was a skirt i used to wear on FAT DAYS. I've been really good and on plan since Feb 20th, i work out 5 times a week hard and i do nautilus and weights and take classes. I even was super careful when i went on vacation and joined a gym. I haven't cheated at all. What can i do to make the inches from my hips and thighs disappear? I feel like i carry most of my weight in my stomach and that seems to be shrinking but not the hips and thighs? Any help is appreciated!! All i wanna do is go out and buy a huge chocolate cake with vanilla frosting and give up
bellastarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 01:08 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

Don't give up!

Most people lose first where they put on last, so maybe your loss just hasn't reached those areas yet. You really can't chose where to lose weight, just to lose weight.

If you don't want to track your progress with a scale, have you considered using a tape measure?
zoodoo613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 01:11 PM   #3  

Spot reducing is a myth so keep on doing what you have been doing and it will come off.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 01:20 PM   #4  
gracey

S/C/G: 242/172/168

Height: 5ft 11

i agree with both, i have massive thighs and hips and it will drop so very slowly from there is barley noticable, but i enjoy getting slimmer generally and just accept its gonna take a while for my body in certain zones.
I have found tape measure is more satisfying then scales, because i can physically hold out the measurer where you used to be when you loose it and go wow im smaller YAY!!!
freethetoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 02:24 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 210/159/135

Height: 5'1"

i agree with the tape measure. Start using one, that way you can track it easier. clothes stretch or shrink depending on how they're treated, but the measuring tape stays the same.

I'm the same way, as far as hips and thighs. I lose really fast in my waist and stomach, but verrrrrry slowly in my hips and thighs. also my bottom half is a size bigger than my top half. I will say, however, that running did a whole lot for my legs. yes, you can't truly spot reduce, but certain exercises can emphasize loss in certain areas. also I am not a marathon runner, by any means, for a while I worked up to jogging (4mph) one mile 3-4 times a week, and that's what helped me lose 6 inches on my thighs in a month.
atreyyena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 02:29 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 238.5/?/no more scale 4 me!

Height: 5ft 4 (on a good day!)

well i think that i gained in the hip/thigh area when i went on the bc pill b/c mine were never that big... it was always my big flabby stomach i was most embarrassed by.. now i feel so wide. besides lunges and squats what are some exercises to do? i know you can't spot reduce but what is best for them?
bellastarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 03:05 PM   #7  
Which round am I at now?

S/C/G: 158/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 5-3/4"

LOL- I said that too until I regained the 10 lbs I lost and realised that i *did* in fact lose on my thighs

keep at it, it will come off!!!
souvenirdarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 05:17 PM   #8  
Keep on Moving!

I am just the same. I've lost weight all over, but my face, shoulders, arms and legs look thinner, while my stomach, bum and thighs are still relatively bigger. in some clothes, I almost look pregnant! I'm doing Zumba and some boxercise to try to work off the inches.
georgeshair is offline   Reply With Quote