Old 04-30-2011, 12:45 AM   #1  

Default Slow Loss??

I have been on the diet since MOnday (I know only 5 days), however I also quit drinking diet pepsi (drank a ton before monday) so I was expecting JUST FROM quitting that I would lose weight. But I got on the scale today and NOTHING! I have alot of weight to lose (50 lbs) and I was sure that I would at least be down a few water pounds if nothing else. When I do atkins I can easily lose 7 lbs in the first week.
What do you think is going on?
Aimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 05:20 AM   #2  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimes View Post
I have been on the diet since MOnday (I know only 5 days), however I also quit drinking diet pepsi (drank a ton before monday) so I was expecting JUST FROM quitting that I would lose weight. But I got on the scale today and NOTHING! I have alot of weight to lose (50 lbs) and I was sure that I would at least be down a few water pounds if nothing else. When I do atkins I can easily lose 7 lbs in the first week.
What do you think is going on?
What exactly are you doing? Write your daily intake exactly. Are you drinking a minimum of 100 ounces of plain water? That is so crucial. I lost about 6 pounds my first three days....so something sounds wrong. But hard to say without hearing your exact intake.
darbs7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 11:51 AM   #3  

ok this is a normal day :

breakfast : ready made pudding
Lunch: 2 cups of cucumber with vinegar and ready made pudding
Supper: 6 oz of steak or extra lean hamburger and 2 cups of mushroom
snack-restricted.

and all the way I need, I also drink nestea zero.

I got on the scale again this morning and nothing
Old 04-30-2011, 12:07 PM   #4  

I also have the oil that is reccommended. I must not be in ketosis because I am still hungry........I am just so upset about it and scared it is not going to work for me
Old 04-30-2011, 12:39 PM   #5  

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
I also have the oil that is reccommended. I must not be in ketosis because I am still hungry........I am just so upset about it and scared it is not going to work for me
Are you also taking the supplements and salt? Your food intake sounds good and my coach says one splenda drink a day is fine. I know alot of people who have done this program and they alllllll lose so I wouldn't worry that you won't as long as you follow the program. I was hungry the first week too, I actually had 5 packets one of which was a restricted and I lost 8 pounds.
Don't weigh everyday that would be discouraging I think
Losingtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 12:40 PM   #6  

Quote:
Check the Nestea label, aspartame? It may be no better than Diet Pepsi!
blkbmr06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 12:53 PM   #7  
ready to lose it!

S/C/G: 247/231/180

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
ok this is a normal day :

breakfast : ready made pudding
Lunch: 2 cups of cucumber with vinegar and ready made pudding
Supper: 6 oz of steak or extra lean hamburger and 2 cups of mushroom
snack-restricted.

and all the way I need, I also drink nestea zero.

I got on the scale again this morning and nothing
I was told by my coach that you COULD NOT have restricted items as a snack.
vballmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 12:55 PM   #8  

ok so I do take the supplements and I do get salt intake. Nestea is sweetened with splenda I was having 2 a day one in the morning one at night maybe that is too much?
Also my program says one snack a day which is restricted and have it before 8 pm. maybe it is different in Canada? Maybe I should try and cut those out and had a pudding instead? I'm just so scared that I am not doing something right. Everyone at work who is smaller than I have lost like 6 lbs the first week
Old 04-30-2011, 01:00 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 180/136/135

Height: 5'2"

I was told to have the restricted item with either breakfast or lunch. That way you have time to burn the carbs off before you go to bed. I try to have 2-3 restricted items per week.
korsstubbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 01:11 PM   #10  

Quote:
ok so I do take the supplements and I do get salt intake. Nestea is sweetened with splenda I was having 2 a day one in the morning one at night maybe that is too much?
Also my program says one snack a day which is restricted and have it before 8 pm. maybe it is different in Canada? Maybe I should try and cut those out and had a pudding instead? I'm just so scared that I am not doing something right. Everyone at work who is smaller than I have lost like 6 lbs the first week
We were not allowed restricted for the first 3 weeks. I make my DH keep them at his office...too tempting. I have them occasionally but not daily. Just me though, I take thyroid meds, have had hypoglycemia and as a result lose pretty slowly. I need all the resolve I can stand!
Old 04-30-2011, 01:19 PM   #11  

Height: 5'3"

It amazes me the differences in what we are all told. I know that we are not all the same and need different things possibly but I was told to have a restricted daily as our bodies are less likely to feel starved if we have that little more carbs we get from the restricted....we are still getting very few calories and carbs.
Losingtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 01:25 PM   #12  

so many differences......is there anyone out there that only lost 1 or 2 pounds there first week?
Maybe I should buy some ketostix? I wonder if you can get them in any pharmacy(in canada)
Old 04-30-2011, 01:37 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Losingtime View Post
It amazes me the differences in what we are all told. I know that we are not all the same and need different things possibly but I was told to have a restricted daily as our bodies are less likely to feel starved if we have that little more carbs we get from the restricted....we are still getting very few calories and carbs.
I think it depends a lot on your lifestyle. My coach says the restricteds should be used earlier in the day so you use the carbs then have your snack (puddings or drinks-lower carb), right before bedtime. He never said not to have them everyday, that's just what has worked for me. My bigger problem has been the protein in the evening. I'm vegetarian. I FORCE myself to have salmon or some other mild fish. That was what excited me about this diet. It's VEG!!! LOL
Old 04-30-2011, 02:28 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 201.8/180.8/140

Height: 5'6

Default Water Intake

Are you getting a minimum of 8 glasses of pure water plus 1 for every cup of tea or coffee you consume? Water is really important in this program. I noticed when I wasn't getting all my water I lost much less. I have been sick with bronchitis and was drinking a lot of tea and hate drinking water when I'm sick It has slowed my weight loss down.
GettingItOff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 02:44 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 190.8/185/140

Height: 5'8"

Hang in there...it WILL come off. Everyone's body responds slightly different to this initial shock. Your body is hanging on to water weight for some reason. Best thing you can do right now is up your water intake even more and just keep plugging along!!

Yes, you can have restricteds and yes it can be before bed. There is no scientific evidence that your body "burns" off the carbs better early in the day. I simply eat my restricted when I'm hungry.

Right now, your body is in transition. It is learning a new way of using fuel by using fat stores. There is a lot of work going on inside you, it starts with diuresis (why most of us lose so much) and then with the fat. Actual fat loss is very minimal the first 1-2 wks anyway, despite the drop on the scale. Best advice is to just give your body time and you will see it move.

FYI--you like very low calorie veggies (mush and cucmb are VERY low). You may want to change it up sometimes so that your cals don't drop too low. OR if you don't like much else, you may find it neccessary to add a whole protein/day for extra calories. I would sometimes add in 1-2 eggs, or a can of tuna if I were very active one day or if I ate low cal veggies.

One more thing....are you not eating salad?
serendipityberry is offline   Reply With Quote