South Beach Diet - Accidental over-eating of lima beans Phase 1, help!!

Squeebs
04-26-2011, 11:18 PM
Hi! I'm Kris! :wave:

I'm currently on the second day of phase 1 of SB, and I've made a little mistake with my dinner.

I mistook lima beans for a vegetable rather than a legume, and so I ate them as a veggie...nearly 2 cups. :yikes: I now see that they fall under the bean category, which I should only be eating 1/3 to 1/2 cup of.

Any suggestions on what to do now? Have I ruined my day, seeing as I just ate about 50 carbs?

I'm so upset. What a dumb mistake.

Thanks

murphmitch
04-26-2011, 11:38 PM
The small serving of beans is just a suggestion so one doesn't overeat them and have GI issues (If you're not used to eating them). I have eaten a whole can of beans before with no ill effects. We don't count carbs on SB. Don't worry about it!

Squeebs
04-27-2011, 12:17 AM
Thanks!! Reassuring. :D

Mmckellen
04-27-2011, 06:50 AM
I have to laugh :p because not being a lima bean fan, I cannot imagine "accidentally" eating 2 cups of them!! You're doing great - don't worry about it.

TwynnB
04-27-2011, 07:43 AM
YUM!! I could easily eat 2 cups!! FYI - I'm almost always bloated for the next day (ummm....I can tell I had black bean salad yesterday!). If that's the worst thing you do for phase I, that's awesome!!

Squeebs
04-27-2011, 07:42 PM
LOL @ Mmckellen

I totally love lima beans, so eating 2 cups is nothing. I feel a little bloaty today, but I think that's also because my obligatory day 3 SB headache has kicked in. *dizzy* Plus, it seems to have helped out in....another area. Ifyacatchmydriaft. ;)

Off to do yoga to get rid of these shoulder cramps.