Body Image and Issues after Weight Loss Including discussions about excess skin and reconstructive surgery

Old 04-25-2011, 01:58 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 308/257/175

Height: 5'10

Default Unrecognizable

I am hitting the lowest weight I have been since pre-2005, when I was 24 years old. I'm now 30. I am also significantly more active now than I was at 24, so I think I am more toned as well. Which brings me to my problem....from photographs and time spent in the mirror I am having a really hard time wrapping my head around my current appearance. My face looks completely different to me. I feel like I am starting to look old and this has me starting to feel anxious that I don't look attractive and will only look worse as I lose weight(probably because I am still single and on the dating scene hoping to still meet "Mr. Right").

I have been having some minor issues with this recently and then on Friday night, during a date the gentleman made a comment about the wrinkles in my face disappearing after some kissing because it appeared that I carry stress on my face. He was amazed by how much younger I looked just after a few kisses. I never thought of myself as ever looking "old" and the only thing I can attribute this change to is my weight loss. Maybe I am being overly sensitve and most likely I am.

Sigh.

Last edited by TransformingToni; 04-25-2011 at 02:25 PM.
TransformingToni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 02:01 PM   #2  
Enjoying la bella vita

S/C/G: 28 pounds to go

Height: 5-4

Sounds like a line he's feeding you to make you WANT to keep on kissing him and so you'll look younger ... hm.
nationalparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 02:22 PM   #3  

LOL I never looked at it from that perspective. That's hilarious.
Old 04-25-2011, 02:33 PM   #4  
is super awesome.

S/C/G: ...ticker...

Height: 5'7"

I'm currently going through the exact same thing, as far as the lines go. I'm already married, whew.

I would ask the guy what he meant by that? Like, was he hoping for more kisses (and just being a dumb guy.. he thought you were getting more relaxed maybe?) or did he think you look old? lol.. From your avatar, if thats you, you look super cute! I'd take his comment with a grain of salt if you like him.. if not, meh. Find another guy that doesnt see any flaws!!

GL. I'm currently staying hydrated, making sure I get sleep and making sure I wash/lotion and do some exfoliating weekly to my face. I have noticed a diff in the 2 weeks I've been doing it.
kateleestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 02:58 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

If you've recently lost a lot of weight, your skin is probably looser and therefore might appear more wrinkly. It'll adjust in time. And your appearance probably has changed since you were 24. Aging, it's what we do. But I'm sure you don't look old, just less like a kid. Our whole lives we have to adjust to the way we look. Losing weight may have exacerbated that change. But remember this: Despite what you or anyone else thinks about how old you look, you're body is going to feel and function like a younger body for having lost weight and started exercising.
zoodoo613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 03:48 PM   #6  

I just thought I would share a progression picture....I've come a long way.

And here is a recent face shot from the same night since that picture is so hard to see

Last edited by TransformingToni; 04-25-2011 at 03:55 PM.
Old 04-25-2011, 04:05 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 287/175/180

Height: 5'9"

I do think that sometimes heavier women look younger in the face- it's the "baby face" thing- chubby cheeks are youthful. Fat fills in wrinkles.

Sometimes I see women who have lost what I would consider to be too much weight and they look gaunt and ill. That's definitely not you though.

I wouldn't worry about the guy. Sounds like he just stuck his foot in his mouth. Men are very good at that. Look at it this way: he started kissing you BEFORE the magical youthening powers of kissing took hold. Clearly, he finds you attractive. Stress, wrinkles or no. There's nothing wrong with aging. It's just nature. You should look older at 30 than you did at 20. If you don't, you either have really great genes or you've discovered Botox a bit too early.

Despite the existence of the store by the same name, nobody is Forever 21
k8yk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 11:21 AM   #8  
Playing to Lose

S/C/G: 194/ticker/129

Height: 5' 1"

Um, yeah -- my first thought was that that was a line of BS he was feeding ya! LOL Most men don't even notice our hair color changing from brown to red but he's going to see lines disappear on our face?? That was a 2 fold compliment in my opinion. He was complimenting you and HIM at the same time! hehe

(PS -- this was no way a male-bashing response. I was just joking around.....kinda sorta! I kinda like it when men don't pay attention to detail sometimes!)
ShanIAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 01:29 PM   #9  

Again, never saw it from that perspective....like his kiss magically removed years from my face. HAHA!

Well, I think I've lost the fountain of youth. Haven't heard from him since our date. Oh well.