Old 04-15-2011, 03:49 PM   #1  

Default How much is too much ???

How much is too much Splenda, Truvia, Equal etc.....??

Points say it is all 0 points no matter how much you have but my gut tells me that is wrong. PLEASE ADVISE !!!!
stacgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 04:10 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 219/179/130

Height: 5'3

For Splenda, 3 packets or less is 0 points and 4 packets are 1 point. That's according to the weight watchers online points tracker. For equal, it takes 6 packets for 1 point.
Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 04:23 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/155

Height: 5'6

i only use equal on my breakfast and in my tea. cos it is 0 points.

just how much do you use, to feel bad about it? and you can always just use real sugar

my raspberry vinegar has a similar thing... you'd have to have like 26 cups to get some points (i like to play with 0 point foods sometimes )
Jinksie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 04:35 PM   #4  

Well the amount I use probably makes me feel horrible...

I use 4 in everything I drink, example

Morning coffee - 4 splenda or whatever
Tea - 2
Sometimes Ill add lemons and splenda to my water and i use 4

At the most I use 12-16 packs a day sometimes.

I also drink just plain water too, i dont always add to it.

Last edited by stacgirl; 04-15-2011 at 04:36 PM.
stacgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 05:01 PM   #5  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

S/C/G: 143/137/119

Height: 5'1"

It might take you some time, but probably try to 'wean' yourself off that much. Tuvia is natural and probably much better than the Spenda or Nutrisweet. Look at the ingredients in those....can do all kinds of things to a person. Might be why you feel terrible. Plain water is a good thing for many reasons. Hope you try to cut back, bet you will see a difference in how you feel.
pvgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 06:52 PM   #6  
Less of a Better Me

A couple of products that I've found are good to use with water.

True lemon -- this is simply crystallized lemon. It gives water a nice flavor (or tea) and adds no calories. I freely use this.

True Lemonade -- 10 calories if you use the whole packet for 16 ounces, This does use a little evaporated cane juice and rebiana (made from Stevia).

I really wanted to get away from aspartame and some of the other artificial sweeteners and found this was best for being low calorie and not having artifical sweeteners in it. A packet of True Lemonade is really enough for 16 oz. water so you might want to try it for a lower calorie alternative (crystal light has a similar product but it is higher in calorie). Sometimes I even use half a packet of the True Lemonade. There is also a Raspberry Lemonade by the same company that is good.

I don't usually count the True Lemonade if I have one or two packets in a day. If more I will count a point.
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote