Old 04-13-2011, 09:53 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 197/199/145

Height: 5'0"

Default WW online vs at home kit vs meetins

My insurance recently started a WW discount program. I can either buy 12 weekly tickets to meetings for $120, get a yearly on line program for $166 or $55 for 3 months or get the delux at home kit for $119.

I can use my flexspending money for WW, I've already got it pre-approved. I'm just trying to figure out which program would be most beneficial.

What have your experiences been? I find that I get a lot of support from boards like this one so maybe the weekly meetings won't be as useful. I'm leaning towards the at home kit for now.

Thanks for you opinions.
Sarah
sarahyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 10:12 AM   #2  
girl disappearing

S/C/G: 311/239.2/195

Height: 5'5"

I use WW Online and love it, but I never really liked the meetings. I much prefer the support I get online (which, of course, probably says way more about me than anything else!)

I am intrigued by the idea of using flexspending for WW!
Tudor Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 11:26 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 197/199/145

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tudor Rose View Post
I am intrigued by the idea of using flexspending for WW!

Check your FSA website and see if they will cover weightloss programs. Then you will need to get a letter of medical necessity (LMN) from your doctor. Check what your LMN must say from your FSA. They may have a form you can take to your doctor. Mine has to state the condition I have, how will this treat my condition and for how long-or up to 1 year. It has to be renewed each year. It will also cover a gym membership, excersice equipment etc. But it must be pre-approved. Even if you doctor writes the letter, they may say it's not covered.

Good luck
Sarah

Last edited by sarahyu; 04-13-2011 at 04:27 PM.
sarahyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 11:47 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 224

Height: 5'2"

I recently joined WW Online and like it a lot. But I'd been a member in the past and went to the meetings, so I already had a good idea of how it worked. If it were my first try I might go to the meetings, at least till I got the hang of it.

The nice thing is that you can always go to a meeting occasionally as a guest- or at least go in and ask a question in person. I've done that and was always welcomed. So WW Online is kinda the best of both worlds to me now!
stoogeswoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 12:53 PM   #5  
~*Regina*~

S/C/G: 304/see ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

I like going to the meeting because it keeps me more on track. If I didn't have to weigh myself in front of someone, I prob would not have gotten as far as I have. The meetings and weigh-ins keep me focused, plus I love my leader . Maybe once I am close to my goal I may start just doing it online but I am not ready yet.
BlueEyes83 is offline   Reply With Quote