Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Closed Thread

Old 12-22-2002, 09:59 PM   #1  
Slowly going crazy!

Default I just HAD to do it...

So I weighed myself.
Down 7 pounds from the scale the day I left for San Diego. Whoo HOO! ! !
Old 12-22-2002, 11:00 PM   #2  
Old Cackler

oh i'm so happy for you!!!! what's your follow up schedule like? and what'll happen with the distance? this is sooo fab!!!!

congratulations!! how do you feel? what're you eating/not eating? how is your family handling it or hasn't it hit them yet?
Old 12-23-2002, 02:13 AM   #3  
Slowly going crazy!

Hey Jiffy...

Follow-up plan consists of:
Diet:
1-10 days clear liquids
After ten days liquids and soft foods (mush)
15+ days soft foods for about a week then switching as you can to protein high foods (you can consume carbs, but you won't lose as much...I intend to watch watch watch those carbs!)

Doctor: 6-8 weeks, go back for a 'fill' as needed.

My family has been incredibly supportive. I don't know what I would do without them! ! MY dh deserves an award...although he still should make up for the pain and suffering it caused me when he forgot to fill my pain medication prescription in Tijuana. *sigh*...I'm working through the pain with my Lamaze breathing (never needed it when I had my kids cuz I had c-sections *LOL*)
Old 12-23-2002, 06:54 AM   #4  
she who must be obeyed

Amy, glad to hear your doing so well!!

Yep, better if you keep the majority of carbs at bay.........note to self, follow your own advice.

Debbie
Old 12-23-2002, 11:07 AM   #5  
Old Cackler

sounds like you have everything you need, from liquids to support!!!! how wonderful!

and we all have to watch the carbs! especially the white ones. i'm allowing myself a couple of slices of melba toast, but i tasted some fabulous mashed potatoes over the weekend, and a cookie, so i need to be more careful.

now, why can't we figure out how to make a high protein cookie??? with chocolate??? <sigh>
Closed Thread