Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2002, 09:34 AM   #1  

Question Hellllppp pretty please

Hello,
My name is Lona and I have an eating problem . I have dropped oh so many vices and this my last one I cling to . A war inside me is taking place ... health vs emotion. Im trying to give up on the bad habits .. like they say old habits die hard and by golly Ive been eatin since I can remember . If I dont lose this wieght Ill die . I am having very bad pains in my chest for mnths now . Its just a matter of when . Living in constant fear of a heart attack but still the urge to eat all the junk is over powering it . I wanna exerscise but then again will all that jumpin around n stuff throw me into an attack ? Im so torn I need help big time . Not rich enough to join a fancy club and not encouraged enough to just stick to it no matter what . looking for some cheerleaders and a place to come for emotional comfort ... I hope I can get some help soon I dont want to go through an attack .... Lona
Old 12-18-2002, 10:17 AM   #2  

HI Lona. YOu should join our thread. It is called one day at a time. We do just that. It is to difficult to try to do everything at once. All of us there take it slow I have even had to break it down to one hour at a time. When I am having a bad day and all I do is think about food I have to take is really slow. I am sure that everyone would love to see you there. I know that we can all give you the encouragment you need to get through this. I hope to see you there!
Old 12-18-2002, 10:31 AM   #3  
Dancing those pounds away

Lona... welcome to 3fcs. This board is full of people all wanting to help you. Just start reading all the posts and when you find one that you feel you like... just jump right in. Every group here will welcome you with open arms.

To join a group be sure to hit "Reply" and not "new thread".
That way you join into the thread you are reading in.
Good luck in your weight loss journey. You have come to the right place.
Old 12-18-2002, 10:37 AM   #4  
Going All The Weigh

Lona, welcome to 3FC. I'm so glad you reached out to this site for support. I know how it feels to be desperate, and sometimes that can be overwhelming. You need to step back and just breath. I know you have heard all the advice from others and doctors and possible your family. And I know its not easy to take everything at once, so that is why you need to make small changes one at a time. Think about what your biggest problem is, is it eating lat at night, or not exercising, maybe not enough water. Then work on that problem, and then when you have that under your belt, take it from there. Have you seen a doctor about the chest pains? If not you might want to consider that. Most of all, we are here for you and I wish you the best of luck. Please keep us posted.
Old 12-19-2002, 10:19 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 230/149/138

Height: 5'6

Welcome, Lona!

I, too, have spent the last couple of years giving up vices & going through some very tough counseling to find out what makes me tick. My weight has always been an issue (I'm currently about 65lbs overweight)... and I feel the same as you - it's my "last real issue" & I really want to learn to deal with it. I'm coming up on my 32nd birthday, and I think about diabetes, breast cancer (my mother had it), heart disease (family history) and all the other problems that obesity causes - I felt like I was killing myself by eating so horribly, never exercising and not sleeping enough.

Anyway - I relate.

This board, and others like it, have helped me tremendously. Just reading the stories of others, knowing that I am not alone in feeling like that and hearing some amazing success stories has been truly helpful. I spend hours reading through threads, all the personal stories and the strategies and plans. It's a constant reminder that I'm not alone and that I just can't give up this time. I'm inspired daily by the courage & determination of so many others seeking the same thing as me... a healthy life.

BTW - find yourself a GOOD doctor. I prefer female physicians, honestly, in my experience they are more understanding and patient. But anyway, you should have a complete physical to find out if anything is wrong with you (chest pains) and how to fix it. It could very well be anxiety... I went through a year of panic attacks, they are ugly & they are REAL.

All the luck in the world to you - and feel free to PM me anytime!
Closed Thread