Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2002, 08:58 PM   #1  
I'm on my way!

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again....#254

WELCOME!!!!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.

WELCOME!!!!
Old 12-17-2002, 09:11 PM   #2  
I'm on my way!

OK You'all....can you spell MIDTERM BOMB!

I BOMBED! Ugggghh........I really have to do good on my finals or I will fail this semester! And I gotta do good on my term paper too! I can't wait for the holidays to be over with!! Saturday we have a Christmas party to go to and Sunday we were suppose to do lunch with friends of ours so the kids can exchange gifts but John now has to work that day so we will have to reschedule that! Then monday night after work we are driving to Rhode Island to spend Christmas with my family. Phew...I'm exhausted just typing that! I did manage to get most of my christmas cards out to friends and family today. I have a few stragglers to do yet. Now my next project is to start wrapping gifts! I have two that need to go out tomorrow night with John....he is picking his dad up at his girlfriend's house in Philly and taking him home to Jersey....so I will send their gifts with him!

Anyhow....let me say welcome to our newbie on the block...as I've said before..this is the best darn group I have ever associated with...I love each and every one of them as if they were my family....they are the best for support, love and encouragement! You will feel so welcome here and a part of our family of friends!! I know it was said earlier but we are all at different stages of our weight loss journey...and with the support and friendship you get here you will surely succeed in one way or another!

For the rest of my friends...I promise to catch up to you all indivdually tomorrow night!! Now that my midterms are OVER!

I am so exhausted! TTFN Michelle

P.S. Someone tell me how to do the big writing in color...my brain is fried and I could never figure it out!
Old 12-17-2002, 09:36 PM   #3  
You and Me in 2003

Angry

Hello fellow chicks and welcome to our new member stop by often and chat.

Boy you have all been busy today.

Well it's final my grandmothers estate has been settled. My uncle brought me my share today. I hate the finality of it
And to top that off our neice in Michigan found out she has 3 small brain tumors. They think they can get them with radiation. Please say a little prayer for her.

Has anybody heard from our Hawaii girl ? Is she ok?

Thin I can't wait to get back to Michigan next year so we can meet. Gee I wish we could all meet up somewhere wouldn't that be a party?

Dh is getting a $100.00 dollar gift card from Walmart from work. He is giving it to me to buy our christmas groceries. Isn't that sweet

After tomorrow I will be off till Monday. I had some flextime built up so I get an extra day off this week.

What is everyone cooking for Christmas? I need some new recipes. My son wants me to do some baking like a real Mom (like I'm not)

Well I've run my mouth enough tonight so i better run here's a big hug for all of you and hurry back new friend
Old 12-17-2002, 09:38 PM   #4  
a work in progress...

click on "size," type in whatever you want to say...then change the number to a higher one!
I deleted "size=4" and changed it to "size=10."

I just came back from my son's Christmas concert.... Man, is my head spinning! I have to grab a catnap before work. Just one question for Lucky before I go...

So? How was the party? Come on girl, spill. Did you pick bachelor #1, bachelor #2 ~or~bachelor #3?? Any thong wearers? Inquiring minds want to know!

Hi ho, hi ho...it's off to sleep (then work) I go! See you all in the morning!
Old 12-17-2002, 09:40 PM   #5  
You and Me in 2003

Hey guys what does the little envelope at the beggining of our thread mean it has a black dot in it. It doesn't look like any of the rest
Old 12-17-2002, 11:34 PM   #6  
Dancing those pounds away

Angry This is longggg ... sorry

Oh Duckie... I am sooo embarrassed. I think I am paranoid because of my ramblings. For some weird reason I feared everyone thought I was not happy with my family because of that rambling post I wrote. I am soooo sorry for the misunderstanding.
I did not take it bad... I just wanted everyone to know I do have a happy family ...even with it being non-perfect. LOL I think I better shut up before I mess up again. I truly apologize if I offended you. That is one thing I hate about emails... it is soooo easy to be misunderstood and not even know it.
I am anxiously awaiting your card.
Sara... I am a little confused with your post too.
I am curious what I wrote that I got an "I love 2cute" reply from you and Kat?
Don't get me wrong please... I love that you loved me... I just don't understand why? I love you guys too. Like I said... I think I am a little paranoid. LOL

Tina.... I am happy you got your cards mailed too. I am impressed with the effort you put into that post... RED... GREEN RED... GREEN ..plus HUGE too. (it is really hard to do writing this off line)

Gypsy... WAY TO GO GIRL !!!! I am soooo PROUD of you. Keep up the exercising.. it will really make a difference in not only losing weight... but also you mobility, attitude, sleep ... the works. So glad you joined us.

Lucky... I understand exactly how you feel right now. The only thing I care about is that you keep posting here with us. I think you will be surprised how some of your food choices will come naturally. Relax and be sure to keep coming in and visiting and sharing your life with us. We are family now... and we love each other unconditionally. You don't have to be on any food plan or diet for us. But do remember... sugar is not your friend. It "sweet talks " you... and then turns on you.
I did notice your "Mr Right" had to be wealthy... twice. $$ LOL
If you find him... let us all know... I will invest in cloning him. WE may have to clone Gypsy's husband. LOL. My hubby is good... but does not come close to Lucky's requirements. Let me go back and read those requirements... hmmm... yep.. my husband is tall.
But he is good to me and I cannot ask for more. He "used" to be handy. LOL

Yep... too long and too many smilies... to be continued......
Old 12-17-2002, 11:35 PM   #7  

Part 2 ......

Michelle... I am going to let tina teach us her secrets in big letters and colors. I can do it... but it seems so time consuming the way I do it... I am hoping that tina has some secret trick.
Having two daughters in college I can understand some of where you are coming from... but you have to add on a family and job. My one daughter has a part-time job... but her schedule is not as busy as yours I am sure. I feel sorry for you. Hang in there.

Mary... I not only said a prayer for your neice... I also said a prayer for you too.
I sent Malia an email but did not get any response. I did not have her phone number. If anyone knows her last name please PM me and I will try to call her. I don't want to pester someone who does not want to come back... but I definitely want her to know we miss her.
Enjoy your time off this week. I don't know what we are having for xmas dinner yet. I guess I better get thinking about it. LOL
Oh yes... the envelopes... there is an explanation at the bottom of that page. Basicly if I remember correct... a closed envelope means no new posts since you read last. Open envelope means there is a new post. Flames means how many people have either replied (20 or more ) or ( 200 or more viewers). I don't know about the dot. Can someone help there?

Kat... I did not know you could change the size past 5 . YOu learn something new everyday. Is there a short cut to have size and color without doing one via the aid and one manually. Like when tina did red/green/red/ green. That is a lot of extra effort that many times.

Well that covers everyone since I last posted.
I have been babysitting my granddaughters alllll day and I am TOTALLY exhausted.
But we had a LOT of fun. I got some childrens Christmas magnets and we had fun playing with those on the refrigerator. We played dolls and baked cookies in the morning. After their naps we frosted and decorated the cookies. I got some cute pictures too.

I have to admit... I did eat some of the cookie dough and a couple of cookies too.
It just seemed like the fun thing to do with my granddaughter... but I also realized... I don't want to do it again. Oh, I want to bake cookies with her... I just don't want to eat cookies with her. LOL . I really do want to follow a cheat free, low carb, way of living.

I am writing this off line. I can't believe how a 10 month old and a two year old can wear me out so much. Next year I will NOT weigh this much and hopefully I won't get worn out so much.

wish I could visit longer... but I just want to go crash somewhere and do NOTHING for the rest of the evening.
Old 12-18-2002, 08:08 AM   #8  

Have to get to work...but, after my confession last night I decided I had better check things out....I still weigh the same...whew!!! I would have freaked if I had gained after my big "take it easy" statment.

2Cute, you are stuck with me, even when I reach 120!!!!!

Malia...where are you, how are you? Where are those vacation pictures?
Old 12-18-2002, 08:32 AM   #9  
Going All The Weigh

Wink Day 2 of Healthy Habits

Good Morning Gals! How is everyone doing this wonderful bright day? Ok, so maybe that is a little too chipper for this early, lol. I'm doing really good. I am so proud of myself this morning, and I just had to 'toot' my own horn! Yesh I got my exercise in, a little, but its still in. But most important to me, was I didnt have my late night eating binge. It was around 10 I guess, and it hit....I got up from the pc and went to the pantry, grabed my little debbie cake and just looked at it. then it came to me, its my attitude I have to change. See, ladies I do believe in new beginnings and fresh starts, but I take advantage of those. I feel like knowing I have a fresh start, I have the lead way to purposely go off my plan. And that just isnt going to work anymore.I have to change my mindset about these 'freshstarts'. Anyway, I'm so sorry to ramble.

I want to thank all of you again for making me feel so welcome. I know I dont respond to alot of posts, but its just takeing me a while to catch up on who is who and what is going on with who. I really dont want to stick my foot in my mouth, and trust me, I'm famous for that.

I'm still going back and forth about going to my WW meeting tomorrow night. Its not because I'm not ready to commit, its because of the money situation. See, I dont have a job right now and things are tough. Someone pointed out, I could weight myself once a week, use the board for support and still follow the plan. Stash the money I was going to pay WW and keep for my own enjoyment. That maybe just what I do till after this winter.

Well I guess I better cut this short. I hope everyone has a wonderful day.
Old 12-18-2002, 09:10 AM   #10  

Hello Ladies,

I have been here, not posting just reading. You all have been really busy!! Wow. I am doing well, I love the holidays sometimes I just get down because I would like to buy and do more for people than I can afford to right now. I am still OP. I lost another 1.75 pounds this week. That brings me to 226.25. I am very proud of myself. I can finally fit in regular queen size pantyhose!!!

My husband says that my clothes are falling off of me now, but I refuse to buy anything until I get into a 14/16. So I will have these 20's on for a while!!! I haven't been posting that much, but I love reading you alls post. You are so supportive and caring. I should have gotten into the Christmas Card thing, now I want to see everybody.

Welcome to our new member.

Everyone have great day!

Tonya
244/226.25/150
Old 12-18-2002, 09:15 AM   #11  
Going All The Weigh

Tonya,
Congradulations on your WI. That is absolutely wonderful. I didnt realize how much hearing other's success's would make me want to jump back into WW, but it really has. I'm the same way as you about buying clothes. I really want to hold off and wait till I lose more weight. But I'm getting to the point I 'have' to buy something. LoL. I hope you have a wonderful day.
Old 12-18-2002, 10:42 AM   #12  

Well speak of the devil.... LOL ... Tonya I was going to start my thread by asking about you and J-anne, Dollar, Forgiven and anyone else mia. Good to see you again.
I was worried that all of this talk about cards and pictures made some people feel like an outsider now. YOU ARE NEVER an outsider. I am soooo glad you posted.

Gypsy... please remember to always toot your own horn.
"Enthusiasm" will help you go farther in this weight loss journey than all the knowledge. Plus... enthusiasm rubs off onto others.
You go girl.... Keep that "spirit" going !!!

I have good news/bad news....
My head is KILLING ME this morning. !!!
That is both good and bad.
It is bad of course because a killer headache HURTS. LOL
It is good for several reasons... first it is good because it proves I have really been out of the sugar for so long that even just a handful of cookies and frosting effects me so badly now. And it is good because I don't want to suffer like this again so it hopefully will help detour me away from any more.

Okay.. I HAVE to get wrapping gifts... my girls will be home tomorrow for the Christmas holidays and their gifts are laying on their bed. I lost a day of preparation for the holidays yesterday and now need to make up the time.

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 12-18-2002 at 12:52 PM.
Old 12-18-2002, 12:15 PM   #13  

Angry Weigh-In Wednesday!

Hiya Chickies!

Well, 2Cute was right! The scale goddess has officially granted me a two pound loss (outta the blue!) from yesterday! That's a total of 106 pounds lost! That makes me 164 currently, down from my high of 270 pounds! Only 14 pounds until my goal that was once 120 pounds away!

2Cute: Hehe. I said I loved you because your posts are so full of caring, compassion, concern and comfort! The four "C's"! You take the time to genuinely think of everyone's situation and post a reply from the heart! I've heard it said that YOU were the reason that some of us joined the group! That's a pretty big compliment!

I got Steph's, Baylee's and Thin's cards yesterday. Thanks so much guys! My makeshift mantle (the top of a short bookcase) is getting pretty full! I'm so happy we decided to do this! I'm anxiouxly awaiting the mail today! I'm gonna be so sad when all my cards have arrived... and there's nothing more to get! :P

Thin: I don't think I got a chance to congratulate you on your loss this week! That's fantastic! It must of felt nice to see those numbers moving down! Thanks for the picture btw! It was SO nice to put a face to your postings! You remind me of one of my favorite ladies in my parent's (they're ministers) church when I was growing up! I didn't fully realize that your sons are just a few years younger than me! Why, if I was single...

Oh, oh! Better get my butt moving! Hubby's on his way home from work for lunch and I'm still in my PJs! I have an excuse! A VERY annoying cough kept me up until 5am last night... so I slept in. I'm not feeling so great but I have a fitness evalution at my gym this afternoon so I'm just gonna fake feeling alright!

Be back later today. It IS WI Wednesday so I'll have to update my journal in a few hours when I get the chance!

Hmmm. I just noticed an overabundance of !!!! exclamation marks in my posts. Maybe that's why I've been accused of being upbeat!!!!

Sara
270/164/150

Last edited by SaraJoy; 12-18-2002 at 01:08 PM.
Old 12-18-2002, 12:54 PM   #14  

Sara... thank you.
Old 12-18-2002, 02:53 PM   #15  
Going All The Weigh

Alright, I have done really well today so far. Got 25 mins of exercise in and came up with a plan. I'm going to start following the WW program again, but I'm going to do it from home. I'm going to my medical clinic to do my WIs on thrusday morning, then to pick up food from the store. Weighing before shopping puts me in the mindset that I need to lose weight, and need to shop healthy. Now with all this said. I know I've been spending too much time at the pc which means too much time sitting on my rump, so I'm going to go and get moving some more. Hope everyone is having a great day.
Closed Thread