Old 03-19-2011, 07:54 PM   #1  
--Alex--

S/C/G: 223/ticker/160

Height: 5'3"

Talking The little things

So, first of all I really hope this isn't viewed as being too much info for some people, and I apologize if it is.

However, this was sort of a big deal to me so I wanted to share it! I've been with my bf six months as of today (woo!) and we showered together for the first time. I didn't think I'd actually follow through with it because I'm so self conscious about my body, but it was actually quite nice. I felt good about myself and I've decided that this is a feeling I want to keep up! I'm fairly certain that had we been anywhere near a full length mirror I would have died, but hey not gonna complain now because I feel great!

On that note, I want to hear other stories of 'little things' that made you just feel really great about yourself. They could be with a partner, or they could be all you being awesome. Let's hear some love!
duckygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 09:16 PM   #2  
Started 12/28/10

S/C/G: 197/Ticker/140

Height: 5' 7"

Aww that's so cute! My little thing happened today. I was trying on a dress at Banana Republic and the 12 was too big. So I asked the lady if she could get me the 10 and she asked me what size I had on now. She looked at me crazy when I told her that I had a 12 on like I shouldn't have even put it on in the first place haha. She was like "You definitely need a 10!" I know I'm not yet a true 10, but I was ecstatic because Ive never had a size 10 anything on my body before besides my shoes!

Last edited by Retro; 03-19-2011 at 09:17 PM.
Retro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 09:48 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/ticker/127

Height: 5'0"

How awesome! I totally understand. I was SO self-conscious about my butt for like, the first few months my boyfriend and I were dating.. I wouldn't let him see it. Only my front side because I had no qualms with my boobs, of course. Great that you are learning to embrace your body!

Retro - Clothes sizing is such a great reality check! Glad you're making good, motivating progress. I had a similar experience today at Old Navy. I swear they must do something to dressing room mirrors because I always feel much skinnier in them than I do in my ones at home. Maybe it's the lighting, or maybe I'm just starting to see myself as I am, rather than what I'm used to perceiving. Either way, I got some cute tank tops that I look GOOD in!

Last edited by tabitl; 03-19-2011 at 09:48 PM.
tabitl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 02:57 PM   #4  
--Alex--

S/C/G: 223/ticker/160

Thanks for sharing! I love it when I see myself go down a size. I always feel like I can't tell when I lose weight, but that's definitely a good wake up call. And gotta love the reaction from the lady at the store!
duckygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 10:12 PM   #5  
Summer 2012! :)

S/C/G: 350/165/165

Height: 5'11

Cool

i LOVE showering w/ guys i date. i always ask. but only about 25% of them have gone through w/ it. even when i had gained weight back, i still enjoyed it. sexy soap slathering.

i've learned that guys are more self-conscious than females.
trancedreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 10:16 PM   #6  

I was/am really self concious, but once talking to my husband he did open my eyes up, he said I saw the fat, and he did not , he just saw me and said he thinks I am beautiful no matter what I weigh, and then he asked me to stop hiding.
You know, guys that love you, don't really see the weight they do see you!!! its only our own selves that seem to judge ourselves! lets stop being so self critical and start enjoying life as we deserve!

Last edited by icedragon6669; 04-03-2011 at 10:18 PM.
icedragon6669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 05:09 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 206/141/139

Height: 5'9

I have recently started showering with my husband again. I am not worried about fat now though...just saggy boobs and tummy. I keep the lights dim when we shower together.
lauralyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 09:32 AM   #8  
Keep on Keep'in on

S/C/G: 174/ticker/135

I just recently starting showering with my fiance again. He says "he cant tell that i've gained 30 pounds since before I had our son" but I sure can. I also have really bad stretch marks so I'm one of those never have the light on kinda people. And we showered together the other day because we were extremely late for dinner and we had to be quick and I acutally felt okay and happy after wards. Not "omg i cant believe how fat i am". good for us!
Andrbeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 12:14 PM   #9  
Spartan Kitty

S/C/G: 270/*ticker*/160?

Height: 5'4"

How awesome for you! Showering with a significant other is always a fun experience. :-)

My "little thing" is different (cuz I'm pg right now, so not going down sizes or anything) but I started this pregnancy off 30lbs lighter than my last one, and I LOOK pregnant. Might not seem like a big deal, but I never never never looked very pregnant with either of my other two, so to me it's awesome to have people smile and ask when I'm due and stuff! :-)
Latchkey Princess is offline   Reply With Quote