Old 03-14-2011, 10:52 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 278/243.2/175

Height: 5'2

Default some advice please

Ive been calorie counting with my fitness pal. It puts me at 1300 calories a day. I can eat that amount and I feel fairly satisfied most days. I hear people say that starting low gives little wiggle room as you lose weight so start higher. I have been going between 1300 and 1500 calories and it seems like Im stuffed. I haven't seen much change in my weight either. It seems like I yo yo between the same 3 lbs.

Im a big girl but Im also short. Should I go ahead and follow the calorie guidelines that MFP is giving me?

I hate this yo yo effect that Ive been going through the past 2 weeks.
myhaloisintheshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 10:58 AM   #2  
just do it!

S/C/G: 269/150/150

Height: 5'4"

Whenever I feel like my weight is stalled, I start to look at everything else that I'm doing and how my food breaks down beyond calories. Take a look at your protein/fat/carb ratio. For me, I lose slower or stall out when I eat too many carbs. How much water are you drinking each day? How much sodium are you consuming each day? Have you recently changed your exercise routine?

Honestly though, a 3 lb yoyo over 2 weeks isn't really that bad. If you've been successful thus far in what you're doing, I'd say keep on sticking perfectly on plan and see what happens in a couple more weeks.
peanutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 11:13 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 278/243.2/175

Height: 5'2

I just went to look over my food logs---ITs been a bit heavier in carbs--not abundant but more so than the weeks before. I think if i focus on content more it will make a difference.

thanks!
myhaloisintheshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 11:25 AM   #4  
On a Mission

S/C/G: 246/193/169

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by myhaloisintheshop View Post
I just went to look over my food logs---ITs been a bit heavier in carbs--not abundant but more so than the weeks before. I think if i focus on content more it will make a difference.

thanks!
Moderating carbs and increasing protein helps me a lot! I just have a body that loves to store the carbs so I had to ease up on them some. 3 lb fluctuations are usually water, just FYI.

Last edited by 4star; 03-14-2011 at 11:26 AM.
4star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 12:17 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I think you are at a reasonable calorie count. I am shorter than ypu and lost and now maintain on about 1400-1500 calories a day.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote