Biggest Loser Challenges - Red Team NYNY 2011 Chat Thread Week 9 (3/7-3/13)

shan84
03-06-2011, 09:43 PM
Another week is upon us.

Congratulations to our losers last week.

8 freebies used and 2 more players eliminated as official members.

Be back with your results tomorrow.

Good luck to everyone in week 9.

rainbowsmiles
03-06-2011, 10:40 PM
:cheer:WAY TO HANG iN THERE RED TEAM :cheer:
LOOKS LiKE WE ARE STiLL 25 TEAM MEMBERS STRONG!!
:woohoo:
WOOHOO!!!
EVERYONE HAVE A GREAT WEEK!

1st PLACE
JAYTEE 14.03% OF BODY FAT GONE!!

2nd PLACE
SiNDAENA 12.61% OF BODY FAT GONE!!

3rd PLACE
MADAMBUTTERFLY 9.47% OF BODY FAT GONE!!

4th PLACE
SKiNNYCOW126 8.46% OF BODY FAT GONE

5th PLACE
PEANUTT 7.84% OF BODY FAT GONE!!

6th PLACE
RAiNBOWSMiLES 7.69% OF BODY FAT GONE!!

7th PLACE
ICEQUEEN 7.12% OF BODY FAT GONE!!

8th PLACE
DESIDOO 6.94% OF BODY FAT GONE!!

9th PLACE
CHARLIEJUNE 6.67% OF BODY FAT GONE!!

10th PLACE
WENDYCHIC 5.61% OF BODY FAT GONE!!

11th PLACE
WEN 5.58% OF BODY FAT GONE!!!

12th PLACE
GETTiNFiT 4.97% OF BODY FAT GONE!!

13TH PLACE
SHADES OF GREY 4.74% OF BODY FAT GONE

14TH PLACE
ANGiE 4.48% OF BODY FAT GONE!!

15TH PLACE
POKEYCACTUS 4.33% OF BODY FAT GONE

16TH PLACE
BETTE K 3.31% OF BODY FAT GONE!!

17TH PLACE (TiE)
BLUEEYES65 3.16% OF BODY FAT GONE!!

17TH PLACE (TiE)
CANADAMEL 3.16% OF BODY FAT GONE!!

19TH PLACE
KRiS2008 2.43% OF BODY FAT GONE!!

20TH PLACE
LADYiNWEiGHTiNG 2.00% OF BODY FAT GONE!!

21ST PLACE
COURTNEYDAiSY 1.86% OF BODY FAT GONE!

22ND PLACE
CHERRYPiE 1.79% OF BODY FAT GONE!!

23RD PLACE
RATED 1.71% OF BODY FAT GONE!!

24TH PLACE
LAViEBOHEME73 1.17% OF BODY FAT GONE!

25TH PLACE
SHAN84 -.74%

BiG SHOUTOUT OF AN HONORABLE MENTiON TO AN UNOFFiCiAL MEMBER
WHO HAS NEVER MiSSED A WEiGH iN!!
MYBODYiSMYTEMPLE 8.23% OF BODY FAT GONE!!

shan84
03-07-2011, 06:05 AM
Week Eight Results

Red Team lbs and percentage lost -12.20lbs, -.22%

Biggest Loser
JayTee, -3lbs, -1.53% :celebrate: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Honorable Mentions:
skinnycow126, -2lbs, -1.07% :cheer: :cheer:
cherrypie, -3lbs, -1.34% :cheer: :cheer:

shan84
03-07-2011, 06:13 AM
From shape.com magazine online: 7 Diet Myths Debunked

http://www.shape.com/weight-loss/diet-strategies/top-7-diet-myths-debunked-diet-facts-revealed

What are your thoughts?

Their list:
1. Only eat when you're hungry.
2. There are no bad foods, everything in moderation.
3. A low carb diet flushes calories from the body.
4. It's more expensive to eat healthy food.
5. Certain diets can banish cellulite.
6. When you work out you need extra protein in your diet.
7. You need fat in your diet. Fat keeps you full and satisfied.

I'm still processing my own thoughts. I'll respond tomorrow. Hope everyone has a great start to the week.

CourtneyDaisey
03-07-2011, 07:44 AM
GOOD MORNING RED TEAM!!!!

Congrats to JayTee for being our Biggest Loser this week! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Congrats to our honorable mentions, SkinnyCow and Cherrypie! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Keep up the awesome work everyone! :)

skinnycow126
03-07-2011, 08:22 AM
Happy Monday all!!! It's the start of a new week, so regardless of where we were last week, let's make this one a good one!!!

Shan- I follow WW PointsPlus and absolutely love it! I think the free fruits/vegetables might be a little scary for someone who did calorie counting for so long, but I really do think it's a great program and if you switch I am sure you will have success.

Off the top of my head, some thoughts on the diet myths...

1. If I wait until I am hungry to eat, I eat far too much.
2. Food might not be bad, but some foods just aren't worth their cost.
3. I actually try to eat lowish carbs, but not to flush out calories. Instead I find that if I eat less carbs I am less hungry.
4. I have saved a bunch of money by eating on plan. It's way cheaper for me to plan my meals ahead than to eat on the go.
5. I believe this.
6. I guess I have been obsessing over protein for nothing.
7. I have always heard this, but I don't think all fats were created equally.

peanutt
03-07-2011, 08:52 AM
Congrats to JayTee, SkinnyCow and CherryPie!!

My thoughts on the diet myths:
1. Only eat when you're hungry. I'm like SkinnyCow. If I wait to eat until I'm hungry, I will be more likely to overeat. I eat at my 5-6 regular times instead.
2. There are no bad foods, everything in moderation. I both agree and disagree! There are bad foods. What good is a potato chip (their example)? But potato chips can be enjoyed in moderation in a healthy lifestyle, just like other "bad foods".
3. A low carb diet flushes calories from the body. I've read similar info before about what the body does on a low carb diet. I know many people have had success with low carb diets, especially in that 2-3 week start phase, but it's not for me in the long run. I try to control my carb intake for a variety of reasons.
4. It's more expensive to eat healthy food. So glad they debunked this myth! When I hear people talking about the "high cost" of healthy food, I often remind them of the higher costs of an overweight/unhealthy body.
5. Certain diets can banish cellulite. I don't understand the fixation on cellulite. Yes tabloids, everyone has it.
6. When you work out you need extra protein in your diet. I actually think that some people doing some kinds of training do need extra protein (depending on what they're eating normally, of course). It's something that should be given attention.
7. You need fat in your diet. Fat keeps you full and satisfied. I've never heard this myth that fat keeps you full. Everything I've ever heard and read always points to fiber and protein to fill you up. We do need some fats in our diet though.

JayTee
03-07-2011, 09:33 AM
Morning All and Congrats to all of us still on board the train, so to speak!

Re: Diet myths debunked... I believe every point the article makes is valid. Over the years I think I bought into every myth at one time or another but what I always come back to is knowing my own mind and body. If my head isn't truly "into" dropping the pounds, it's not going to happen. I struggled at the beginning of this challenge because my head was in the game, but my body wasn't dropping the pounds like I knew I had been able to do before. I learned there is truth to myth 8--losing weight over age 50 is a nightmare! To achieve some results I turned to good old fashioned calories in/calories out and learned a few new things about how our bodies operate...

Here's a an article I used to calculate what my body needed to lose weight:
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:_8cRB6edkjYJ:weightloss.about.com/od/eatsmart/a/blcalintake.htm+To+lose+weight+figure+out+your+own +body&cd=11&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a&source=www.google.com

To track expended calories each week I mostly use gym machines that give me a read out of the calories I burned during my time on that machine. I only use the machines that allow me to enter my own body weight and age.
Then, of course, I had to turn to calorie tracking. I don't pass up anything, and even have a glass of wine most nights.

Continued good luck to all of us this week, especially those struggling a bit. Don't give up! Dig in!!!!!

Bigmid
03-07-2011, 10:10 AM
Results are posted Blue Team got it for week 8

Congratulations to the Week 8 Biggest Losers on Red

Have a great week 9 everyone

MadamButterfly
03-07-2011, 01:29 PM
CONGRATULATIONS JAY TEE !!!!

AND TO SKINNYCOW & CHERRY PIE TOOO !!!

Another week is starting and it's time we get our BUTT-ers in GEAR . . .

Shan: Great article

Rainbow: Thanks for figuring out all those percentages :woohoo: I want that 10% . . . I'll have to crank it up and roll it out . . . I'm gonna do it

EVERYONE HAVE A GREAT DAY AND WEEK!!! LET'S MELT SOME BUTT-ER!!

Sindaena
03-07-2011, 02:22 PM
1. Only eat when you're hungry. I think this depends on whether you tend to binge if you wait to eat until you are really hungry.
2. There are no bad foods, everything in moderation. Well, some foods are not filling and likely not worth their cost from my daily calorie allotment, but still, I do thinkn anything can be eaten occasionally and in moderation.
3. A low carb diet flushes calories from the body. Low carb works for most people because it they tend to be less hungry and consume fewer calories as a result of that and the restricted food list.
4. It's more expensive to eat healthy food. Yes and no. Eating less food is generally cheaper, but it can cost more to feed a family of six including growing teenagers a healthy diet than say Ramen and boxed Man n Cheese.
5. Certain diets can banish cellulite. Everyone has cellulite, and cellulite is fat, you can reduce it or by lowering body fat far enough, which may be lower than you want to be for other reasons.
6. When you work out you need extra protein in your diet. Based on hours scouring published research on PubMed, you do need extra protein if you are trying to build muscle. This particularly comes into play in later stages of diet when bodyfat is lower and so called newbie gains in muscle have been exhausted.
7. You need fat in your diet. Fat keeps you full and satisfied. You need fat in your diet. Not only do you need essential fats, but many of your hormones, as well as skin and hair health, require adequate fat consumption.

So, I guess I am contrarian, but I do research nutrition via actual published research not just somebody on some message board told me. I think that Shape significantly oversimplified some of the issues on their list, particularly with regards to fat and protein.

rainbowsmiles
03-07-2011, 03:58 PM
1. Only eat when you're hungry. I think this depends on whether you tend to binge if you wait to eat until you are really hungry.
2. There are no bad foods, everything in moderation. Well, some foods are not filling and likely not worth their cost from my daily calorie allotment, but still, I do thinkn anything can be eaten occasionally and in moderation.
3. A low carb diet flushes calories from the body. Low carb works for most people because it they tend to be less hungry and consume fewer calories as a result of that and the restricted food list.
4. It's more expensive to eat healthy food. Yes and no. Eating less food is generally cheaper, but it can cost more to feed a family of six including growing teenagers a healthy diet than say Ramen and boxed Man n Cheese.
5. Certain diets can banish cellulite. Everyone has cellulite, and cellulite is fat, you can reduce it or by lowering body fat far enough, which may be lower than you want to be for other reasons.
6. When you work out you need extra protein in your diet. Based on hours scouring published research on PubMed, you do need extra protein if you are trying to build muscle. This particularly comes into play in later stages of diet when bodyfat is lower and so called newbie gains in muscle have been exhausted.
7. You need fat in your diet. Fat keeps you full and satisfied. You need fat in your diet. Not only do you need essential fats, but many of your hormones, as well as skin and hair health, require adequate fat consumption.

So, I guess I am contrarian, but I do research nutrition via actual published research not just somebody on some message board told me. I think that Shape significantly oversimplified some of the issues on their list, particularly with regards to fat and protein.

thanks so much sindaena.:hug:...i learn soooo much from your posts!!

CharlieJune
03-07-2011, 06:32 PM
Hey everyone, still here. I missed last night's weigh in. I was at a conference and didn't get back in time to post. It's my TOM, so it was probably a good week to use a freebie. I'm swamped but just wanted to check in and tell everyone hey! Congrats to everyone for doing so well this past week! GO RED!

Angie
03-07-2011, 10:08 PM
Hi all,

Still trying to break my plateau and hoping for the best tomorrow.

Their list:
1. Only eat when you're hungry. For me, planning is key, I eat on a schedule and it helps me to not let my appetite or cravings get out of control.
2. There are no bad foods, everything in moderation. I aspire to this, but right now, some things are off limits to me, because I don't practice moderation when they enter the picture. Yeah, I'm talking about you, you delicious salty potato chips. You're out of my life until I'm really over you. ;)
3. A low carb diet flushes calories from the body. My plan is low carb, and it works better for me than anything I've tried previously.
4. It's more expensive to eat healthy food. Yes my grocery bill has ballooned with all the fresh food I buy, and I don't think twice about it. I'd give up a lot of other things (buy fewer clothes/shoes, drive an older car, take fewer vacations) before I'd feed my DS and myself less healthy food. In the end though I think I don't spend any more to eat healthy since when I'm on plan I eat out less...I never buy lunch in the cafeteria anymore and we don't often go to restaurants.
5. Certain diets can banish cellulite. Really? Haven't read the article yet...sound myth-ish to me.
7. You need fat in your diet. Fat keeps you full and satisfied. I don't know about everyone, but I do like a little fat in my diet. My plan now is low fat (and low sodium, and low carb) but there is definitely room for good fats like extra virgin olive oil.

shan84
03-07-2011, 11:46 PM
Their list and my thoughts:

1. Only eat when you're hungry. I cannot do this because then I overeat. I prefer to schedule my food and much of it has to do with my job. I always eat morning snack with my students as well as lunch. Usually I have breakfast before I leave home and then dinner right when I get home so that my stomach is settled at night before I go to the gym. This is just what works for me.
2. There are no bad foods, everything in moderation. I know there are reason's some people agree and other's disagree with this one. For me, I cannot have the bad food because I have trouble with the word moderation. If I eat a few slices of pizza then I want the whole pizza, or I want pizza for a couple days. So for me, I have to stay on plan or I can easily go way off plan. It's black and white on this one matter for me.
3. A low carb diet flushes calories from the body. My body doesn't do well with most carbs because white bread, rice, or cereal just turns into some more padding on my body. Haha. I do my best to avoid them at all costs and when I do have carbs I use fiber wheat bread, whole wheat pasta, brown rice, etc.
4. It's more expensive to eat healthy food. It's expensive to eat crap food. It's more beneficial to eat the healthy food. I loved the antedote that rainbowsmiles posted last week about the coupon buys. I definitely think healthy food is more budget friendly especially if you look for it and plan ahead.
5. Certain diets can banish cellulite. (I don't really have an opinion on this one, fat on my body is fat on my body no matter what you call it, I don't want it there anymore).
6. When you work out you need extra protein in your diet. When I workout I don't need more protein, I generally need more water. This is just me personally.
7. You need fat in your diet. Fat keeps you full and satisfied. I have enough fat on my body. I don't eat fat to have fat in my diet. I use extra virgin olive oil for cooking, and sometimes peanut butter, but thats about it. If I'm not satisfied it usually means I didn't drink enough water during the day.

Hope everyone had a good Monday. I'm halfway thru Tuesday here in SK. It's been a really rough day at work and I am struggling with my emotions. I have been on plan with food for two days straight now this week. I have everything planned out for the rest of the week so there is no reason for me to go off plan unless I self sabatoge and I'm determined to have a good weigh in this week. Off to the gym tonight after work. Have a good one everybody.

skinnycow126
03-08-2011, 09:54 AM
Happy Tuesday all!

It's mardi gras, and I will probably gorge myself on meat all day (giving it up for lent). Not the best day for plan for me, but I have "cheat" days so seldom that I am going to go for it.

wen
03-08-2011, 11:41 AM
My thoughts:

1. Only eat when you're hungry. I believe that this can make you overeat - however, if your body is hungry when you eat you will burn more of the calories that you take in during that time - as long as you don't eat too much!
2. There are no bad foods, everything in moderation. I believe you can have anything in moderation as long as you can control your cravings.
3. A low carb diet flushes calories from the body. Not sure about flushing out calories - but I do know that carbs are not good for me and have caused most of my weight problems. I have lost quite a bit when kicking sugar out entirely, it is just not a diet plan I could do for a lifetime.
4. It's more expensive to eat healthy food. I do think better foods are more expensive and it doesn't really make sense why as there is less in them and done to them. Is this an excuse not to eat healthy, NO.
5. Certain diets can banish cellulite. I gave up on banishing cellulite years ago (LOL).
6. When you work out you need extra protein in your diet. I believe this to be true if you are working out to gain muscle.
7. You need fat in your diet. Fat keeps you full and satisfied. I believe a little fat in the diet is good for you, but i think you just have to burn what you take in to stay thin (my grandparents used pure lard back in the day when cooking, they were slim and lived until their 90's... but they were farmers and burned all that fat).

CourtneyDaisey
03-08-2011, 01:45 PM
I am so proud of myself! I actually went upstairs to the office gym on my lunch break today and hit the treadmill! I did a combination of walking and jogging. :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: NO EXCUSES! I will lose this weight!

rainbowsmiles
03-08-2011, 01:55 PM
I am so proud of myself! I actually went upstairs to the office gym on my lunch break today and hit the treadmill! I did a combination of walking and jogging. :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: NO EXCUSES! I will lose this weight!

soooooooooo PROUD OF YOU COURTNEY!!! WAY TO GO GF!!

MadamButterfly
03-08-2011, 04:03 PM
Morning ladies, (OK it's really afternoon)

I have been thinking about these things and here is my take on it . . .

1. Only eat when you're hungry. - I agree with this, that you should only eat if you are "actually" hungry, but that does not mean waiting until you are "famished" or "starving" because I feel the latter two "WILL" lead to binging/overeating . . .
2. There are no bad foods, everything in moderation.I actually agree with this, e.g. Cheesecake . . . fine to have a piece or 1/2 a piece on a rare occasion, just not every day . . . I think you have to evaluate the actual "content" of the food and see where it fits into the "pyramid" of foods (you know that chart from way back when) and eat a proportional amount of that food (according to the chart) (
3. A low carb diet flushes calories from the body. I still don't know about this, I actually think H2O flushes carbs/fats/sodium and other things from the body. I've always felt that carbs are fuel and you should only put in the amount of carb you are going to burn at that time (I feel the excess carbs then convert themselves to fat, although I'm not sure about this but it makes sense) keep the gas tank just above "Empty" so you have something to get started but other than that be a miser and only eat what you are actually going to use
4. It's more expensive to eat healthy food. This is a yes and no, I know a lot of fast food, ready to eat meals that are cheap and others are expensive, If you are eating healthy and NOT overeating I think it just about equals out, unless ALL you eat is ramen . . . but if you look at the long run and add the health issues and costs associated to eating unhealthy, then it's definitely less expensive to eat healthy.
5. Certain diets can banish cellulite. I don't know enough about cellulite except that it's fat and if you can deplete these fat cells enough then the cellulite "should" go away with the fat loss, I also think you need to build some muscle while doing this to make for a stronger base underneath the fat layer.
6. When you work out you need extra protein in your diet. I do think that if you are doing excessive workouts or trying to build muscle then an increase in protein is a must
7. You need fat in your diet. Fat keeps you full and satisfied. Fat definitely keeps you full and satisfied and it tastes REALLY good (OK, maybe not on it's own, but you know what I mean) I have to go back to the food pyramid chart, we definitely need some fats, just not excessive amounts

OK, so that's my take on things, hope everyone is having a GREAT DAY

OK, I found a pic of the old pyramid, the only thing it doesn't clarify is the grains, I feel that these should be whole grain breads, brown or wild rice, etc. I couldn't copy the "new pyramid, but I think it's basically the same but tells you how much is a portion, 3 cups of milk, it also states that 1/2 of your grains should be "whole grain" They seem to be putting a "daily" allowance for each group, where the old food chart gave you ideas of how much a portion is . . . either way everything in proportion . . .

here is the link if you want to check it out

http://www.disabled-world.com/artman/publish/food_pyramid.shtml

CourtneyDaisey
03-08-2011, 07:20 PM
Double duty tonight! I hit the gym AFTER WORK too!!!! 15 more minutes on the treadmill (combination of walking and jogging) and then 35 minutes on the elliptical! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

I am committing to do Commercial Crunches tonight during "The Biggest Loser" as well! Boy am I gonna hurt tomorrow! :eek:

CharlieJune
03-08-2011, 07:24 PM
Impressive, Courtney! :)

CourtneyDaisey
03-08-2011, 08:35 PM
1. Only eat when you're hungry.
-This doesn't work for me. I don't like that empty feeling. I don't like my stomach to be snarling at me. It works best for me if my stomach isn't grumbling all the time.

2. There are no bad foods, everything in moderation.
-I disagree. For me, I can't have "a little bit" of something. If I give in and have even a small about of something, I will end up caving to my cravings and eating a LOT of bad stuff. So for me, that doesn't fly.

3. A low carb diet flushes calories from the body.
-I haven't ever tried a low carb diet so I don't know.

4. It's more expensive to eat healthy food.
-Not really. I bought a LOT of fresh produce and healthy foods at the store last week and only spent about $78, compared to usually spending $120 when I buy the bad stuff.

5. Certain diets can banish cellulite.
-If that's true, tell me which ones they are and I'll try them.

-Protein helps keeps the Hungry Monster at bay, so I eat lots of it, regardless of whether I am working out or not.

7. You need fat in your diet. Fat keeps you full and satisfied.
-Fat doesn't keep you full and satisfied. Protein does that. But yes, you do need some fats in your diet. The key is to have healthier fats, like olive oil or avocado.

shan84
03-08-2011, 08:39 PM
http://www.oprah.com/health/How-to-Improve-Digestive-Health-Good-vs-Bad-Stomach-Bacteria

Here's another interesting article. I found this when I was searching for information about allergies and such. :)

I took a freebie last week because I had another small gain, but this week I have been totally on plan with food and exercise. My weight is coming off fast this week. I'm looking to make this a new trend. Like my mother always says, 21 days and it becomes a habit!

Courtney-Way to go on your workouts! WOOHOO!!!

JayTee
03-09-2011, 09:03 AM
Bust a hump day Red Team!

Courtney---were you able to get out of bed this morning???? Excellent job on the gym time yesterday!

CourtneyDaisey
03-09-2011, 09:19 AM
Bust a hump day Red Team!

Courtney---were you able to get out of bed this morning???? Excellent job on the gym time yesterday!

Yep, I am here. Dragging my butt-er for sure but I am here! :)

Angie
03-09-2011, 12:12 PM
Hi everyone -- Hope you're having a great week. I'm continuing to struggle. My eating and exercising are going well, but I'm not seeing the results on the scale. I am keeping at it though as I don't believe my body can defy the laws of physics forever...sooner or later it has to give up some of this fat, and I won't give up before it does!

Is anyone giving anything up for Lent? I don't practice religion closely, and even if I did, mine doesn't include Lent...lol...but I do like to challenge myself to give up something each year. This year I decided to limit myself to grocery shopping just once a week for Lent. Sounds easy perhaps, but in the past week I went three times, and bought tons of stuff I didn't need to get, causing me to spend about double my weekly budget on groceries...nuts, huh? I normally pick an area I can use some work in and set a goal around that...one year I gave up all fried food, and another I gave up swearing

JayTee
03-09-2011, 12:31 PM
Hey Angie, not to make light of a religion either but I'm giving up being fat for Lent! Who's with me??? Anyone? Too much?

Ok, on a more serious note, I was discussing BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate) with some other peeps today and I believe the concept is something everyone trying to lose weight should be aware of. Here's a a link for those of you wanting to crunch your own numbers. Maybe it will help break thru some plateaus.

http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/

skinnycow126
03-09-2011, 01:21 PM
Hey all. Happy Wednesday!!!

Angie- I oft refer to myself as a WASC and thus am a big lent practicer... more for the challenge than anything else. I usually pick unusual things and try to blog about them (last year I read an entire book everyday for 40 days). This year I am becoming a vegetarian with increasing difficulty (pescatarian -> vegan). Should be good. Shopping once a week sounds super hard!

Angie
03-09-2011, 02:43 PM
Jaytee -- No offense taken to that, I don't do it for religious reasons at all. It's more about challenging myself to give up a luxury and to think about those who live with not even a fraction of what I'm lucky enough to have in my life...more of a karma thing I'd say.

I'm upping the ante on Lent for myself-- I felt that the shopping goal was not really giving up enough, a little too easy so I'm adding to it...*drum roll*....

No eating in restaurants or take out

THAT will be hard for me..that will make it a challenge, but on the bright side it's good for my body and my pocketbook!

JayTee
03-09-2011, 05:19 PM
Angie--You're a better woman than I!!!! No eating in restaurants?!?! That's impressive!

rainbowsmiles
03-10-2011, 10:19 AM
last chane workout is coming......GET IN IN GEAR TEAM!!

JayTee
03-10-2011, 01:32 PM
Hey Rainbow...take the "h" out of your "last chane workout" and it's more my style. Last "cane" work out all, picture Jillian beating a contestant with a cane. Yup, as Butterfly would say, still funny in just my own mind.

Let's go RED!!!! This week is ours!

rainbowsmiles
03-10-2011, 02:57 PM
Hey Rainbow...take the "h" out of your "last chane workout" and it's more my style. Last "cane" work out all, picture Jillian beating a contestant with a cane. Yup, as Butterfly would say, still funny in just my own mind.

Let's go RED!!!! This week is ours!

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5051/5515147045_1347577c86.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/56800290@N02/5515147045/)

DON'T BEAT ME SARGE!!!! :drill:
bahahahahahahah

JayTee
03-10-2011, 07:07 PM
Rainbow--Nice pic! Also, I just saw a news item and it sounds like the next "challenge" I'd like to enter. Cole Slaw Wrestling 2011! I wonder how many calories that would burn?

SO QUIET HERE!!!! LAST CHANCE WORKOUTS COMING UP!!

shan84
03-10-2011, 08:36 PM
Good luck to everyone with their last chance workouts.

It's Friday here in SK. I cannot not wait for a weekend with no screaming kids. I have had one little girl all week screaming and crying non stop all day long for her mommy. It's tough to deal with along with 12 other kids in the class.

Anyways, school finishes soon then I'm off to the gym with a personal trainer session and some quality time with a bicycle and elliptical. :)

Have a great weekend red team!

skinnycow126
03-11-2011, 10:12 AM
Happy Friday all! Good luck to everyone with the final push to weigh-in!!1

Does anyone have any fun weekend plans?

peanutt
03-11-2011, 11:09 AM
Hope everyone has a great weekend and a happy weigh in!

It was my MIL's birthday this week, so I'm cooking a "greek feast" for her birthday dinner on Saturday. Bring on the garlic!

rainbowsmiles
03-11-2011, 02:37 PM
PEANUTT: ooooooooooooo yum....greek feast.....can i come?? yum!

SKiNNYCOW: fun weekend plans = last chance workout!! gonna get stronger!!! :strong: woohoooooooo

SHAN: enjoy you weekend :D

JayTee
03-12-2011, 08:31 AM
Good luck with last chance workouts team! Weigh-ins tomorrow!! YIPPPEEEE!

GO RED!

BlueEyes65
03-12-2011, 11:37 AM
Hello red team! Hope all is well with each of you.

Weigh in for this week is done-- since the start of this I'm -4lbs . I am happy for that, my weight loss has always been a slow going thing... I'm 2 lbs away from my next decade(in lbs) so that is what I'm going for before this ends...

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!! :carrot::carrot::carrot:

rainbowsmiles
03-12-2011, 12:05 PM
Hello red team! Hope all is well with each of you.

Weigh in for this week is done-- since the start of this I'm -4lbs . I am happy for that, my weight loss has always been a slow going thing... I'm 2 lbs away from my next decade(in lbs) so that is what I'm going for before this ends...

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!! :carrot::carrot::carrot:

WOOHOOOOOO
:cheer:WAY TO GO BLUEEYES!!!:cheer:
WHAT AN AMAZING JOURNEY!!
YOU ARE DOiNG WHAT iT TAKES GF!!
KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!
:encore:

rainbowsmiles
03-12-2011, 12:31 PM
:cheer:WAY TO MELT BUTT-ER RED TEAM :cheer:
WOOHOO!!!
EARLY REPORTiNG COMiNG iN!!
WAY TO REPORT IN TEAM!!!!
LOTS OF GREAT PERCENTAGES!!!
LOTS OF MOViNG UP iN THE RANKS!!
:hug::hug::hug:

:encore: :bravo: :encore:

SiNDAENA 13.81% OF BODY FAT GONE!!

DESIDOO 12.14% OF BODY FAT GONE!!

MADAMBUTTERFLY 10.24% OF BODY FAT GONE!!

SKiNNYCOW126 9.45% OF BODY FAT GONE

BLUEEYES65 3.80% OF BODY FAT GONE!!

CANADAMEL 3.29% OF BODY FAT GONE!!

RATED 2.29% OF BODY FAT GONE!!

WE HAVE THE MOST AMAZING TEAM OF LADIES!!
I AM SOOOO PROUD OF ALL OF YOU!!

YOU TOTALLY ROCK!!!

rainbowsmiles
03-12-2011, 12:54 PM
Rainbow: Thanks for figuring out all those percentages :woohoo: I want that 10% . . . I'll have to crank it up and roll it out . . . I'm gonna do it

MADAMBUTTERFLY!!!....:bravo:
YOU DiD IT!!
ROCK ON 10%
you never cease to impress me with your steel determination and accomplishments!! you are truly an inspiration to everyone who is following your journey!!

you make it seem like we can ALL accomplish this!!

thanks....seriously!!

rainbowsmiles
03-12-2011, 12:56 PM
DESiDOO!!!!:hug::hug::hug:

WOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

WOW!!! GF YOU TOTALLY ROCK!!
SO GLAD TO HAVE YOU BACK!!
WHAT AN iMPRESSiVE ACCOMPLiSHMENT....just look at how STRONG :strong: you are!! you missed a few weigh ins but never stopped melting BUTT-ER...and holycow!! what an awesome week to be the biggest loser!!

wooohoooooooooo
:yay: :woohoo: :yay:
SO EXCiTED i CAN HARDLY CONTAiN MYSELF!!
:dance: :dance: :dance:

JayTee
03-12-2011, 05:47 PM
WOW!!! MORE LIKE DESI-DOING-IT!!!!

Congrats on that posted loss!

MyBodyisMyTemple
03-12-2011, 08:58 PM
Hi everyone,

you all are doing FANTASTIC! Almost through the challenge, and there has been a HUGE amount of weight loss (and i'm sure inches too!).

Way to go!

Susan, thanks so much for the shout-out! That was really nice.
I am 'technically' the same weight as last week's, however, last week I don't think the number was accurate... so i'm probably down about 1.5 lbs in reality.

That's ok, this is the first week without a loss, and I am down over 3 full pant sizes. Wow!

Let's keep going everyone. Go Red Team, Go!

shan84
03-13-2011, 05:47 AM
Desidoo- Awesome loss! Glad to have you back

Red Team- Good luck with weigh ins.

My eyes have been glued to the news the whole weekend. Being in Korea we are very close to everything going on in Japan. My parents are freaking out about the whole nuclear power plant situation. Meanwhile, I'm still continue to live life and watch the news closely. Thoughts and prayers to all affected and in Japan.

bliss3244
03-13-2011, 09:13 AM
lost 3 pounds this week, so now i 227 =)

CourtneyDaisey
03-13-2011, 09:22 AM
My apologies for being AWOL. My uncle died. He wasn't feel well and went to the ER. They found his kidneys were failing and had a heart attack while there. We haven't had the funeral yet. He's going to be buried in Maryland and I was trying to figure out if I could go. Unfortunately my job doesn't give bereavement time for uncles so I won't be able to go.

This has definitely put a kink in my plans for this week. I ended up gaining 1.8 in spite of having such an awesome time at the gym earlier this week. Yes...I let it be an excuse. I can't do that. Even in the face of death, I can't let ANYTHING get in my way.

On a positive note, today is the 5K Hunger Walk that I am doing with my co-workers in Atlanta. So I will definitely be getting in my exercise today.

Angie
03-13-2011, 11:26 AM
Shan -- I've been watching too...it totally slipped my mind that you are so close. I hope that you are far enough to be safe from danger.

Courtney -- I'm so sorry about your uncle, these must have been very hard days for you. I think it's perfectly fine and normal that your diet was not your first priority while this was going on...the trick (for me anyway) would be to get back on track once you get past the initial shock of such a thing.

rainbowsmiles
03-13-2011, 11:32 AM
Shan -- I've been watching too...it totally slipped my mind that you are so close. I hope that you are far enough to be safe from danger.

Courtney -- I'm so sorry about your uncle, these must have been very hard days for you. I think it's perfectly fine and normal that your diet was not your first priority while this was going on...the trick (for me anyway) would be to get back on track once you get past the initial shock of such a thing.

i so agree!!! well said angie!

also....WOOHOOOOOOOOOOO ON YOUR AWESOME WEEK!!!
ANOTHER 2.6 POUNDS GONE!!

YOU ARE ONE STRONG LADY!
:strong:

:cheer: ANGiE ANGiE ANGiE :cheer:

rainbowsmiles
03-13-2011, 11:36 AM
:drill: JAYTEE....ANOTHER AWESOME WEEK!! YOU DUG iN AND PROVED JUST HOW STRONG YOU ARE!! i AM SO iNSPiRED!!

YOU NEVER QUiT!! YOU NEVER GiVE iN!! YOU NEVER MAKES EXCUSES!!
WOW!! i'M SO PROUD!

14.92% YOU HAVE LOST!! THAT iS FREAKiN AMAZiNG!!

JayTee
03-13-2011, 01:33 PM
RAINBOW -- WEEK 9 of this challenge and you bust out your BEST WEEK EVER!!! -6.4 in Week 9?!?!! Now, that's amazing! THAT"S THE WAY TO WIN THIS BATTLE!!!!

Great results so far Red Team. Week 9 is ours!

rainbowsmiles
03-13-2011, 04:49 PM
POKEYCACTUS...:hug: i see you are being SO STRONG NOT and giving in to your plateau...THAT iS SOOOOOOooooo iNSPiRiNG!!! WAY TO GO!!

i know its hard sometimes...when you just keep doing everything you know is correct and on plan...and that crazy scale refuses to budge...the main thing is that YOU ARE STRONG :strong: and are not letting it cause a reverse effect and pushing you back out of one-der-land. I'M SO PROUD OF YOU AND YOUR EFFORTS....JUST STAY STRONG...iT WiLL HAPPEN!!

sending you the best willpower WHOOOOOSH!!
:dust: :dust: :dust:

rainbowsmiles
03-13-2011, 04:51 PM
:D thanks :drill: sarge!! it feels G-R-R-R-R-EAT!!

shan84
03-13-2011, 06:06 PM
Courtney- Sorry for your loss.

Rainbow- congrats on your best weigh in to date.

Angie- So far, everything is good here. My parents are just freaked out. If the earthquake would have hit on the west side of Japan, then there is only one hour before a tsunami would hit my island here.

rainbowsmiles
03-13-2011, 06:53 PM
Rainbow- congrats on your best weigh in to date.

So far, everything is good here.

thanks shan....so glad you are safe...i have just cried over the news...my dear hubby just held me and hugged me...i just get so emotional and feel so helpless. so thankful for the early warnings that did save lives and so proud of the japanese people who just remain calm and resolute when tragedy happens. i was handling the news ok, until they started talking about the school and loss of lives. so many lives lost, but i am thankful for the lives that were spared.

IceQueen
03-13-2011, 07:56 PM
I just wanted to say congrats to everyone for a great week! I am sooo sorry that I have been awol! My computer was down and although I was able to see posts on my droid I was unable to post or respond. Rainbow smiles especially thank you so much for you enthusiasm and for caring enough to check up on me- I really appreciate that! You are a great asset to the team :) I tried replying to your messages but because I have under 10 posts it did not allow me :( I am back and ready to go!!

rainbowsmiles
03-13-2011, 08:21 PM
I just wanted to say congrats to everyone for a great week! I am sooo sorry that I have been awol! My computer was down and although I was able to see posts on my droid I was unable to post or respond. Rainbow smiles especially thank you so much for you enthusiasm and for caring enough to check up on me- I really appreciate that! You are a great asset to the team :) I tried replying to your messages but because I have under 10 posts it did not allow me :( I am back and ready to go!!

hey no problem about not getting back to me :) its all good!! :hug:we're all in this together, and you are right, I DO CARE ABOUT EVERYONE ON THIS TEAM!! I WANT EVERYONE TO BE SUCCESSFUL...because i know how bad i want it!! i know how hard it is!! i know how much it sucks being overweight!!

i am so thankful for each and everyone one of you ladies!! you all inspire me every single day. EVERY SINGLE DAY!!!

i know i can come to this thread and be inspired by someone at any given moment and i just love that!!!

KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK
:cheer:iCE QUEEN!!:cheer:

YOU ARE DOiNG AN AMAZING JOB!!!!
WAY TO GO MY ALASKA GF!!!

Angie
03-13-2011, 08:32 PM
Great week everyone!

shan84
03-13-2011, 10:23 PM
New threads up soon.

2 freebies and 1 elimination this week.

Good job ladies!