Other Reduced Carb Diets - Slow Carb diet

View Full Version : Slow Carb diet

bubbs
02-24-2011, 01:06 PM
Anyone out there on that now? Curious how your results are going and what adjustments you have made. I was losing an average of 2 lbs a week with some jumps and no loss weeks. Have not identified yet what makes a good week and what makes a bad one.

Focused Lani
03-30-2011, 10:06 PM
I've only been on slow carb for 12 days. So far I'm loving it. It's sometimes just called the 'slow' diet because the rate of weight loss sometimes creeps. However I'm sleeping better, waking earlier, have more energy with no afternoon slumps and my digestive system seems to be functioning a lot better. If you want more POVs try 4HBtalk.com

patootie
05-05-2011, 10:18 PM
I'm on my 4th day of the slow carb diet and loving the extra energy. I had such a terrible diet which consisted mostly of processed foods and cheese so I like that this diet forces me to eat veggies and beans. While I definitely still have cravings I find myself shifting my mentality about food from eating for enjoyment to eating for sustenance, and regardless of what the scale does that's progress for me.

celrae
05-08-2011, 10:19 AM
I'm on my 4th day of the slow carb diet and loving the extra energy. I had such a terrible diet which consisted mostly of processed foods and cheese so I like that this diet forces me to eat veggies and beans. While I definitely still have cravings I find myself shifting my mentality about food from eating for enjoyment to eating for sustenance, and regardless of what the scale does that's progress for me.

I agree with this. The best part is I am making healthier choices, no more processed food. Have been able to eat out and enjoy gathering with friends and not cheat. It is important to plan on this diet and I can see being stuck in some situations.:p I love my veggie intake.:carrot:

I will start sharing some recipes here, lots of cooking at my house lately.:)

April 18th 252.5
May 8th 243.2

Me1stAllways
06-14-2011, 02:41 PM
Hi Im new...but yes Im currently on 4 hour body slow carb....and LOVE it!
difficult to resist sugar, fruit juices and evil carbs (gawed they are in eveything lol) but I am utterly loyal to this and lost and average of 1.5lbs a day. i just started it june 8th at 232lbs and now the 14th and am 225!

think trix is to ACTUALY realize that once we start making eceptions or justifying alternate ways to sneeak away from the base rules...we are self sabbatging. So I decided to pull up my big gurl britches and stop my whinning about food and started looking at it as a source of fuel NOT a rite of pleasure.

best of luck :hug:
(sorry about spelling ~ spell check isnt working 4 me)