South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 11:55 AM   #1  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Default Is this right? It seems right but what do you think?

Okay, so at first i was complaining cause it looked like i was barely getting anywhere with weight loss in the first 3 weeks..I mean..9 pounds in 3 weeks right? I thought that was slow..But now im almost into the 4th week and i stepped on my scale yesterday and lost a pound and stepped on my scale today and i had lost another 2 pound since yesterday.. So thats like 3 pounds..I thought maybe my scale is screwed up..so i took the battery out and re-set my scale and it said the same thing as it did before i re-set it..then i got really freaked out..and so i stepped on my wii fit and had wii fit measure me..and sure enough...ive lost 3 pounds in 2 days..which seems scary..and some of that has to be water or something right??? Do you think its the medication i just started maybe? I mean, my endocrinologist put me on glumetza cause she said that my body has insulin resistence syndrome and she said that the glumetza would help my body use the excess glycogen instead of storing it in the body to be turned to fat..I mean..has anyone else lost like this before? or lost that much? Im 2 pounds away from having lost 15 pounds in just under 4 weeks..is this typical??? And trust me.. im not starving myself.. I eat..lots..

Typical day:

B: 2 whole eggs scrambled with cinnamon and vanilla mixed into it..
S: ff plain yougurt
L: Tomato pizzas (made with two whole slice tomatos, shredded mozzerella and a little low fat deli meat grilled..2 cups of veggie cocktail(low sodium)

S: Laughing cow cheese and sugar free jello

D: Either baked chicken 8 0z breast w/ green salad and olive oil and vinegar OR.. 1/2 cup cooked chickpeas with mushroooms, red onion and sliced chicken curried up.. using a curry paste

Desert: 3 minute flourless cake and Diet rite cola

In total .. i average between 1200-1600 calories a day.. and i do minimal exercise.

Last edited by Porthardygurl; 02-21-2011 at 11:56 AM. Reason: missed some info
Old 02-21-2011, 12:06 PM   #2  
I CAN do this!

S/C/G: 230/179/160

Height: 5'4.5

it's water, it's totally normal to go up or down by 2 lbs. it fluctuates. you've only really lost that 2 lbs if it stays down consistently. you're looking for a downward trend.
Old 02-21-2011, 12:06 PM   #3  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

weight loss is never a linear thing. my losses are completely unpredictable, some weeks I can go without losing a pound and others, i can lose 5 lbs. in a week. just go with it.
Old 02-21-2011, 12:08 PM   #4  
Porthardygurl

yah its been a downward trend for the past 3 days..ive lost weight the past 3 3 days in a row.. it hasnt gone up..since last week..and that was only one pound..so??
Old 02-21-2011, 12:26 PM   #5  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

PHG - Don't obsess! My weight dropped 3.6 lbs in the last 3 days and I haven't changed my diet any. There are more things that can make your weight fluctuate than there are stars in the sky. Maybe you're a good candidate for weighing in once a week, maybe every Monday, and not at all in between.

There is no "normal." Everyone is different. We eat different foods, we drink different liquids and different amounts of both. We have different hormonal changes. We have different metabolisms. I say just record your weight today, weigh-in again next Monday and record that weight, and continue on.
Old 02-21-2011, 12:52 PM   #6  
I CAN do this!

S/C/G: 230/179/160

we're talking about a downward trend over the week, 2 weeks, 2 months. it's going to go up and down all the time. if you record your fluctuations, over time, you'll be able to have a better idea if it's just a normal fluctuation because of TOM, or or whatever it may be. this time, if you are eating less carbs, there could be water weight lost from that. try to think long term. in the short term, try to track your habits, drinking water, staying in budget for calories/carbs, exercise. whatever you want to focus on. focus on what are are doing, not the scale.
Old 02-21-2011, 01:13 PM   #7  
A chick on a mission!

S/C/G: 229/ticker/145

Glad I read this thread and the great posts! I've been driving myself nuts tracking weight everyday and having my 'true' weigh-in's Monday's. My weight is all over throughout the week but, so far so good, Monday's have always been down. I'm going to try to just weigh on Monday and give my brain a break!
Old 02-21-2011, 03:58 PM   #8  
Porthardygurl

i admit..im a scale addict..i know it was a bad idea to buy one for our house..but it drives me nuts not weighing myself..sigh..the good comes with the bad i suppose.
Old 02-21-2011, 06:06 PM   #9  

Height: 5'8"

On the SBD losses seem to be very irregular, perhaps that's just how this diet works. In any case remind yourself that last week you were complaining you weren't losing fast enough, what probably happened was you retained water and now your body is letting go of it. Be happy for the loss and move forward.
Old 02-22-2011, 07:20 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 233/218/160

Height: 5"4'

I wouldnt obsess over this! You are doing well enough that you have lost 9 lbs so far! That is a major victory. Those 9 lbs would not have moved had you done nothing in 3 weeks before. It's easy to not look at your successes and only look forward to "if I only lose one more". You are doing fantastic.
Closed Thread