Weight Loss Support - This is me, coming out of my rut.

View Full Version : This is me, coming out of my rut.

kcnc
02-17-2011, 05:59 AM
This is my official re-committment thread. I've been stuck in a rut for about 2-3 weeks....not eating enough, not being strict, not drinking water, etc. I haven't gained, but my steady losses have stopped.

Well, today I am recommitting to losing these last 30 lbs. I know it will probably take longer than it took to lose the first 30, but I am in this to the end.

I'm remembering that the last 30 will be more fun than the first. More people will notice, maybe *I* will start to notice, eventually I'll have to get new clothes, etc.

There will also be challenges to these next 30. It will probably come off more slowly. There will be skin. I will have to find a way to do some strength training. I will have to abandon what is "perfect" in my head and learn to love the reality of what I will be.

But I am SO ready!

kcnc

ElisabethCK
02-17-2011, 07:33 AM
kcnc, what a great post! You are so inspiring, and I know you can do this! I look forward to hearing about your continued success. :)

mkendrick
02-17-2011, 09:20 AM
Good for you for recommitting! I know I always feel better and like "it's official" when I make a thread on here about how it's time to get back on the pony.

You and I have similar numbers (similar heights, starting weights, goal weights), and I absolutely experienced the most significant changes when I was losing from 160 and down. I was carried through the first half of my weight loss by the excitement and fresh motivation of living a new lifestyle. Like many people, my first pounds practically melted off. So it was encouraging to coast down the scales and see good numbers every week, but at the same time, I didn't notice many big changes. A few friends commented, but I was still in my size 12's (albeit they were loser), and I didn't really feel like I had gone from chubby to thin. Around 155, I got to my plateau. Suddenly just "eating better" and "cutting back" wasn't giving me results. I had to figure out a real plan (calorie counting), I had to exercise, and I just had to work harder for each pound lost. In a way, this remotivated me all over again. And where I no longer had the big losses every week, I had much more noticeable changes in my body. I went from a size 12 in January 2010 to a size 6 in literally two months. I was in 4's, then 2's, and finally 0's by May. I DID have to dig in and work harder for the last half of it, but like you said, it was so much more fun.

So good on you for getting back on it. Enjoy the fresh motivation! :)

beerab
02-17-2011, 09:46 AM
You can do it! Today I'm also doing a slight revamp cuz I'm not pleased with seeing a gain over the past few days!

SCraver
02-17-2011, 10:35 AM
I have been in a rut since October! Eek! Gained 10 lbs. But I have refocused and recommited. It helps me if I have a big goal to work towards. It was my sisters wedding (which was in October - then I sort of drifted off plan). Now, I have decided to train for a triathlon. I know... that is a BIG goal. But maybe something small to focus on might help?