General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 02-10-2011, 10:56 AM   #1  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

Default Anyone keeping house today?

Anyone keeping house today? I am. Ugh. Facing the backlog is not my idea of fun, but whatever. Someone has to!

I'm going to check in all day today here as I get stuff done because it helped motivate me last time a few weeks back.

Anyone else feel free to join in!
  • Launched everyone off to school/work with assorted bags, lunches, etc.
  • Caught up church volunteer email
  • Flipped jeans to dry
  • Bunged my bedroom sheets in to wash
  • Made my lunch, eating it, took vitamins

A.

Last edited by astrophe; 02-10-2011 at 11:01 AM.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 11:02 AM   #2  

S/C/G: HW 231/ S158 / C125.7/ G120

Height: 5'4"

I'm right there with you

So far I've managed to:

*started beef stew in the crock pot for tonights dinner
*did dishes
*swept the first floor of the house (4 rooms)

Just taking another break to give my back a rest and then I have to get busy again.
back2reality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 11:26 AM   #3  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Oh, I was thinking about crockpot beef stew too! Just so I could be hands free and focus on the other chores. WTG on your house, back2reality!
  • Boxed up (3) 18 gallon totes of crazy toys from DD's room. Where does this crap COME from?!

I have to talk to her Dad about just letting ME be the toy buyer. It's not fair if I have to clean things that have lots of bitty pieces. I didn't buy this and he's not cleaning it and clearly she's too young to maintain it herself if they all get mixed up like this. I plan to bung the boxes on the patio and sort it all out next week and put pieces back where they go and GIVE IT AWAY.

Taking a drink break and then going in for more. Stupid clutter. Today's just get it OUT of her room so she can play.

A.

Last edited by astrophe; 02-10-2011 at 12:56 PM.
Old 02-10-2011, 11:36 AM   #4  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I have plans to declutter after work. Before work, I cleaned the kitchen.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 11:56 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 255/ticker/155

Height: 5'3"

I've got a lot of catching up to do today because yesterday was just... ugh would be the best way to put it. I had everything so packed in and was consistently busy that I just passed out in bed at 12:30 without having time to exercise or even count all my calories. I don't think I went off plan, but I'm frustrated that I let my plans and meetings control me instead of me managing them.

In addition to homework and studying for a test, I have to work out, clean, do laundry, make dinner, and exercise. I think I need a quick power nap now before work, or else I won't get to everything on my list. 6 hours of sleep is way too little for me!
Michi702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 12:28 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 238/ticker/130

Height: 5'4

I am! Today I've managed to make breakfast. Get my sister off to school. Go to the gym for an hour and a half. Now I'm making lunch and working on some homework! I need to sweep the floors and do some dishes.
Princess of the KING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 12:52 PM   #7  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

nelie: You go! Working the house before and after work!

Michi702: That's hard -- running the house stuff and the student gig. Hang in there!

Princess:
Go get 'em! Those floors can't beat you!

Me:

I can see the floor!
  • boxed another 18 gallon tote of crazy toy crap
  • Put away all the remaining toys in their cubbies.
  • Folded and put away all her clean clothes
  • Collected all the dirties in the hamper by the door now that it's not holding toys
  • Bunged her sheets in the wash, flipped the other load to dry
  • Picked up produce share from buying club
  • Picked up odds and ends for quick dinner at grocery
  • Ate lunch 2

Taking another drink break and then will carry on. My mood is improving now that sanity is returning to child's bedroom Ugh!

A.

Last edited by astrophe; 02-10-2011 at 02:34 PM.
Old 02-10-2011, 04:40 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 238/ticker/130

Height: 5'4

I ended up catching up on 3fc and updated my blog. It's totally re-done with a new name and all The floors have to wait now LOL
Princess of the KING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 06:11 PM   #9  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

We're flying to Arizona tomorrow, so I've been wanting to clean all week. Of course I'm a major procrastinator, and ended up doing everything today, lol! I washed the dishes, cleaned the kitchen, cleaned the bathroom, and took the garbage out.

Did I mention I did all this on only 2 hours of sleep? I did end up going back to sleep. But now I'm going to vacuum and then pack.
Shopaholic1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 06:40 PM   #10  

Cleaned 3 bathrooms and now on to washing the kitchen, dining room floor and vacuuming the living room and hall. Plus normal laundry and dishes. We had stew last night. Yummy!!!
carolr3639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 07:20 PM   #11  
Hungry Hungry Dancer

S/C/G: tickertickerticker

Height: 5'4"

-fed all the animals this morning (ducks, chickens, dog, cats) and other animal related obligations

-swept/mopped downstairs

-few loads of laundry (YAY ..non dog smelling blanket !!)

then i worked out..well...i did maybe 8 minutes of zumba ..but it's something !

then after that i did dishes, cleaned the kitchen

went back outside to feed the ducks and chickens again, and change out all their water that was frozen over this morning....and also had to tip the ducks' pool and refill it as well.......i broke the hose too cause it was sorta frozen and i unbent one part of it to get the water going better..and it cracked from being frozen......so.....changing out water is going to be a bit more interesting until i get a new hose :P .....also had to rearrange some wooden pallets i have out there .....that was pretty messy

in a little bit i will make dinner..right now...more laundry..but i'm going to watch a movie while doing it so that isn't a big deal
blueballerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 07:34 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 150.7/131/125

Height: 5'2

Here we go.. Well I got 4 kids up and fed, dressed, hair done and then got them all on the bus!! (Today everyone went! yeah) Treadmill workout, threw some laundry in then this momma showered and then off to help my aunt clean a shop she owns - messy messy, then off to my aunts for lunch and to clean her house (i am such a good niece) and taught her how to use online banking, then went to visit my mom and got some early bday presents! bonus.. then went for a visit with grandparents who were being visited my aunt and uncle.. Then raced home to get my children off the bus. Unpacked from their day.. Organized, made dinner, cleaned up, got the kids ready for bed, got some work done (I work from home), watched some tv with the hubby after he returned from Hockey (Men!) Then packed a lunch for our one son who goes to school tomorrow.. I might have peed somewhere in there.. Thats it for me..
tripletmomplus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 11:30 PM   #13  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Wooo! So many busy people!

So... me again...
  • Got laundry dryer/washer flippage done again. Maybe even twice. I'm losing count.
  • Did kid's dresser top.
  • Vac kid's room.
  • Get kid at school.
  • Helped child finish her room because I left a small pile on her bed for her to handle. She did it, but I had to periodically check that she wasn't distracted.
  • Made everyone dinner.
  • See kid bathes, put clothes and bookbag together for tomorrow, etc.
  • Took a post dinner nap because I was exhausted!
  • Going to workout, then dinner dishes, bathe, and call it a day!

A.

Last edited by astrophe; 02-10-2011 at 11:31 PM.