Old 02-02-2011, 01:10 PM   #1  
Kathy

S/C/G: 165/120/120

Height: 5' 1"

Question Question about Enzymes & Anti-Oxy

I know that they highly recommend that you add these as well as the Omega to all phases but was wondering if any of you have done the program with out them and what results you got. I had a friend that added them a few weeks in and she felt like she lost more when she was on them. I'm supposed to send in my order today and just wanted some opinions before I spend the additional funds on them. I am in week four and have been taking them since the beginning. Just wasn't sure if I wanted the extra expense.
Alaskaipjourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 03:17 PM   #2  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskaipjourney View Post
I know that they highly recommend that you add these as well as the Omega to all phases but was wondering if any of you have done the program with out them and what results you got. I had a friend that added them a few weeks in and she felt like she lost more when she was on them. I'm supposed to send in my order today and just wanted some opinions before I spend the additional funds on them. I am in week four and have been taking them since the beginning. Just wasn't sure if I wanted the extra expense.
To me, the supplements are the most valuable part of the Program even though I've used IP products since the beginning.

Edit: I kind of wish, though, that we'd been told that the program is light on vitamin C and that an OTC supplement might be good. Same with D 3 and B-complex.

Last edited by Linden; 02-02-2011 at 05:30 PM.
Linden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 05:04 PM   #3  

Any more people have input on the question?

My coach didn't even tell me about the additional supplements but I saw them in the Daily Journal and insisted to buy them today at WI.

And, have others added supplements like the person in Berlin mentioned - Vitamins C, D3 & B Complex? It's funny B was mentioned as for some odd reason I felt B-3 deficient today so popped a few back. It's one vegetarians ordinarily need more of, in general.
peaches17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 05:24 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by disgal View Post
I didn't take them in 2011 when I originally went on IP (which was coincidentally when this was first asked by Alaska).... nor have I used them this time. I take the 3 main supplements.....plus biotin. That's it!

Oh...and a probiotic.
What does biotin do for you?

Thanks.
peaches17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 05:38 PM   #5  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

I used the "big 3" supplements - the multi, calcium and potassium - an OTC omega supplement, and an OTC biotin supplement (for hair loss). That's it.

I found that IP has balanced the 3 main supplements pretty well in conjunction with the structure of the diet, but outside of that you can get whatever other supplements you want to use in an OTC version - they are add ons to bring more revenue into the centers. Your choice where you want to spend your money but I haven't found anything superior in the "add on" supplements that you can't find at a decent vitamin/health food store.
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 05:42 PM   #6  
started 2/22/11

S/C/G: 233/184/165

Height: 5' 7.5"

I didn't take them in 2011 when I originally went on IP (which was coincidentally when this was first asked by Alaska).... nor have I used them this time. I take the 3 main supplements.....plus biotin. That's it!

Oh...and a probiotic.
disgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 06:21 PM   #7  
started 2/22/11

S/C/G: 233/184/165

Height: 5' 7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by peaches17 View Post
What does biotin do for you?

Thanks.
For skin, hair, and nail health. Many on IP use it to help prevent hair loss. I didn't use it back in 2011......yes I did notice hair loss but I have a LOT of hair so it wasn't worrisome.
I decided that it certainly wouldn't hurt if I tried it this time on Phase I. I have
to say that I am noticing little if no hair loss. Pretty neat!
disgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 08:37 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 153.8/142/120

Height: 5'0"

My coach recommended that I only take the main three supplements. I take those, Biotin, and a digestive enzyme (2-3 times a week). I bought the enzyme after my gallbladder was removed and never really needed it, but it comes in handy now. So far, I love the Biotin. I just started I two weeks ago (thanks to all the hair loss threads). My hair is typically very fine, but I noticed that I actually have a nice ponytail lately, so - bonus!
Sansfilter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 08:45 PM   #9  
Started IP 12/6/12

S/C/G: 174/137/134

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskaipjourney View Post
I take all the recommended supplements plus Biotin and am glad that I do. I've had zero hair loss and I feel that the supplements have helped. That said, my recent blood work showed that I am Vitamin D deficient so I added D3 a couple of weeks ago. I'm also feeling like I should add B-complex and C, and probably will be doing so even as I start moving into maintenance.
bubbleblower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 02:29 PM   #10  
Started IP 5/25/13

S/C/G: 196.5/152/145

Height: 5ft 6 in

My clinic also has us use only the main three supplements (Multi-Vita, Potassium, Cal-Mag). I decided I wanted to take the Omega 3 as well, so last time I was there I bought a bottle of that -- they suggested I could buy an OTC Omega 3 next time & just make sure the ingredients/proportions are similar to the IP supplement.

I'm interested in taking Biotin because my hair was already thinning before I started the diet.
bluegirl9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 05:09 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 173/163/148

Height: 5'4"

Third time I'm posting this reply today - hair seems to be on everybody's mind LOL

I've been taking 10,000mcg of Biotin daily and I am happy to say that my hair loss seems to have stopped. I added the Biotin on 6/4 and actually saw results within a week. My hair still seems a little dry but it is no longer clogging my drain or hairbrush!!! I am confident enough to go get my roots colored tomorrow, which I was afraid to do two weeks ago Please note that I have also upped my collagen intake by making bone broth and drinking a cup every night so that may also be helping.
SeattleNP is offline   Reply With Quote