Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 02-01-2011, 04:23 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 280/ticker/10

Height: 5'2

Default Spanx body shapers...worth it?

I have some money left on a gift card for Torrid but buying clothes at this stage in my weight loss is a waste. I found their selection of Spanx body shapers. I'd like something to flatten my stomach pooch and smooth everything out, but I'm hesitant about buying one. Are they worth it? How well do they do the job? Do they make other things bulge out or is that only if they're too small?
Linsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 04:29 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 290/290/147

Height: 5'7"

I have a few of their tanks and I just love them. They smooth everything out, but it's not a tight, binding squeeze so nothing squishes out to make bulges around the edges of the garment. They're great and they've held up forever.
NiteNicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 04:35 PM   #3  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

I like mine.

Give them a whirl.

A.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 04:52 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 337.4/322/155

Height: 5'8

I like mine. It has helped with a few dresses and halloween costumes that just show every little bump. No problems with things bulging out the top or bottom. I have the shorts kind that go from the top of your belly to about half-way down your thigh.

ETA- oh, but they're hot a bajeezies at outdoor summer events!

Last edited by Aclai4067; 02-01-2011 at 06:39 PM.
Aclai4067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 05:16 PM   #5  
Changing behaviours

Height: 5'7"

I don't like mine; I feel way too constricted in it. Maybe it's too small.

I have a friend who wore hers to a fancy do and felt so uncomfortable she took it off in the ladies' room and left it on top of the cistern. While she was washing her hands/touching up her make up, a lady came out of the stall with black Spanx in hand, asking loudly if anyone had 'lost' an undergarment.

Last edited by Fressca; 02-01-2011 at 05:17 PM.
Fressca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 05:48 PM   #6  
Amanda Swan

S/C/G: 231/220/160

Height: 5'6

I had no problem with bulging.. I wore it with a dress for a wedding, it didnt make my size ridiculously smaller, it just made me look a little more toned and the dress fit smoother, I love it. And while it is a little snug its nice, It makes me feel more comfortable in looser garments
amandaswan89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 10:04 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 280/see tracker/200

Height: 5'5"

I have Spanx leggings which I LOVE. They work like regular leggings, but they also just make me feel smooth and since I am not a fan of my thighs, I feel better about them. I don't know if they sell those at Torrid, but overall I have only heard good things about Spanx.
somethingnew912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 10:17 PM   #8  

Height: 5'11"

I have a spanx tank top and it smashes my boobs into one huge, long, flat, horizontal shapeless mass. So....I'm not such a fan.
Windchime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 04:32 PM   #9  
Sherry

S/C/G: 205/187.2/150

Height: 5'2" (really 5'1 1/4" ( but I refuse to accept that - I don't care what the doctor says!)

Hi Everyone - I've never tried them. I keep thinking I don't want to wear anything "constrictive". But then I'm from the days of girdles, merry widows, etc & they were awful! I have a friend that has them & loves them. She says that it was't all that uncomfortable & made her look smoother. And she is a larger lady too. Anyway I'm still not convinced that they are comfortable. If you are in the huge horrible weather, be careful & stay warm.
Laffalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 04:36 PM   #10  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

I bought a few from Costco, and they are great! It has some pretty lace on top and bottom, and my muffin top is gone!

I don't like the ones that look like bathing suits (material).
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 01:20 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 180/180/160

Height: 5'8

I have the Spanx leggings and I love them!! I also have another body suit that comes down to my knees but it's not Spanx, it makes me smoothed out in my dresses but not to where I can breathe! I would say give it a try! I bought a size up in both and they fit perfect!
Jramos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 01:39 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 200/149/130

Height: 5"7 , BodyFat%: 24.8 Goal%: 15

Everyone should have a large collection of bodyshapers for every item of clothing....!!! Celebs wear them, yes the skinny ones, infact most of them LAYER them, or wear 2 of 3 pairs of hose over eachother to suck it all in. You can read something like "What you wear can change your life" by Trinny&Susannah -It's funny and informative - it has a whole section on this, plus obviously lots of other good information.
CeciliaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 07:57 PM   #13  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Spanx! My favorites are the power panties - bike shorts that come up to the waist, and higher power - bike shorts that come all the way up to under your bra. Be brutally honest with sizing, and they will be comfortable. When fall rolls back around, their tights are the best!

I agree they are kinda hot. I just ordered a pair of the new skinny britches shorts - they are much lighter weight than the power panties. I think they'll be great for summer!

HTH!
Riddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 09:46 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 185/ticker/135

Height: 61"

I love my spanx!
dj mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 06:57 PM   #15  

Height: 5'4"

I LOVE my Spanx. I've owned about 3-4 pairs over the past few years. I don't wear them everyday because they are a pain when having to use the restroom. They don't reduce your waist size dramatically, but they are great for fitting in a pair of jeans/pants that you would normally "pooch" out of. I love the way it makes my stomach area look. People have asked me if I lost weight when I wasn't even losing! I do recommend buying the size bigger than suggested on the Spanx sizing chart. I bought my first pair as suggested on the size chart and they were especially painful around my rib cage area right up under my boobs. My next pair was 2 sizes bigger, and they fit wonderfully until I stretched them out from wearing them so much. I usually buy mine on eBay too, they're so much cheaper! In Lane Bryant and Torrid, they go for $36+ but I buy mine on eBay for $20 max brand new!
Steph89 is offline   Reply With Quote