Old 01-27-2011, 02:08 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 180/172/135

Default Walking Works?

For some reason I just don't feel like in doing very much good when I was I Do 30 mins on 2.50 and my incline is on 10 I'm just no good at running and I was wondering am I even doing anything good or just wasting my time?
Tiffany lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 02:25 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 250/110/110

Height: 5'4''

I walk at least 3-4 times a week these days, and it helps me maintain. Any kind of cardio works. Even if it's low intensity. When I was pregnant, I was still walking, and it helped me stay in a healthy weight range to where I was lower than my pre-pregnancy weight within 3 weeks of delivering her.

I started out walking, and when my body got used to it, and I started enjoying it (eventually), I kicked it up a notch. You'll get there! Just keep going!
guamvixen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 02:35 PM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by guamvixen View Post
I walk at least 3-4 times a week these days, and it helps me maintain. Any kind of cardio works. Even if it's low intensity. When I was pregnant, I was still walking, and it helped me stay in a healthy weight range to where I was lower than my pre-pregnancy weight within 3 weeks of delivering her.

I started out walking, and when my body got used to it, and I started enjoying it (eventually), I kicked it up a notch. You'll get there! Just keep going!
Thank you I feel better now! So aslo I just looked at your ticker and WoW. What's your secret lol you look great if you don't mind me asking what's your system it deff seems to have worked! And I was 135 before I had my baby and got up to 200 now I'm 170 but its hard with a baby to exersice n get time for stuff.
Old 01-27-2011, 02:45 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 200/200/130

Height: 5'7"

I lost 40 pounds just dieting and going for long walks. I regained some of the weight and now I'm back on track. So yes....walking definitely works! I want to be able to run long distances but i get bored so fast! Lol. So I end up just walking more (don't get bored as quickly...cause I can do other stuff instead). Stick with it!
wibblewobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 02:50 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wibblewobble View Post
I lost 40 pounds just dieting and going for long walks. I regained some of the weight and now I'm back on track. So yes....walking definitely works! I want to be able to run long distances but i get bored so fast! Lol. So I end up just walking more (don't get bored as quickly...cause I can do other stuff instead). Stick with it!
Thank you =)
Old 01-27-2011, 02:56 PM   #6  
Tired of the Yo-Yo

S/C/G: 227/225.6/145

Height: 5'2"

I'm hoping it will work. I'm doing a walking DVD that does 3 miles at 5mph.
VeggieGurlShay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 02:58 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeggieGurlShay View Post
I'm hoping it will work. I'm doing a walking DVD that does 3 miles at 5mph.
I hope it does work for you! Good luck.
Old 01-27-2011, 04:16 PM   #8  
Funsized Fiesta

S/C/G: 230/144.5/130

Height: 5'4"

Walking is wonderful! Don't feel like it's a waste of time, it's not as if your body refuses to burn calories if you're not running 6mph Plus with time you'll be able to work up to walking for longer periods of time, faster, longer distances, etc., if that's what you choose. I started out walking outside, and it was a struggle to do a mile in twenty minutes, but now a year later I've worked up to doing a half-marathon, I can do a mile in about fourteen minutes, and I've just started working on running a bit. So keep with it!
KenzideRhae is offline   Reply With Quote