Support Groups - Back in Kindergarten #95

View Full Version : Back in Kindergarten #95

FrouFrou
01-23-2011, 02:55 PM
Hello and :welcome: to the Back In Kindergarten thread!

jules1216
01-23-2011, 07:08 PM
wtg Cristina!!

I am very grrd at the moment....hubby was mad I went to a baby shower today....I didn't mark it on the calender, but had told him about it....then Teri was suppossed to be around to have Dom dropped off at one, but her and JR decided last night would be the night to go out and drink...she finally calls me at the shower and asks if I am mad, I say yes, rarely do I ask to do ANYTHING by myself, so instead of saying she's sorry she turns it into I don't want to take Dom to things any more....I took Dom with me, it was no fun for him which is why I didnt want to take him...I ended up leaving early...

so my selfish daughter and arse of a husband have once again taken something from me that should have been a fun time...AGAIN...

suetalks
01-24-2011, 02:00 PM
Monday..laundry day. It is almost all done. I am just slow today. Hate the weather, hate more snow and cold. Feel like a big grouch!! I have CABIN fever really bad..even though I did go out to the grocery store Sat. I have done nothing FUN for such a long time.

Mom is doing real well and enjoying being home. She has her appetite back and is getting stronger. I just hope she can stay healthy this time. I am personally tired of the hospital, and I know she is too. The nurses all know us anyway and they treat us well. LOL

Gotta go..going to clean out my closet today and get a nice bunch of junk for Goodwill. I am so tired of having all different sized clothes. Not gonna save anything that doesn't fit. WI was a joke and has been bad....I feel like a bigggg failure there.

Jules- Your DH sounds so much like mine used to be. He has mellowed out a bit with retirement. But even last night my best friend called and he had to make a comment about me being on the phone so long. It wasn't like he wanted me to do anything else, he just can't figure out how we can talk that long. I just told him we could have talked twice that long if she hadn't had to go. LOL
I don't know what to tell you about Teri. Looks like time for mama to put her foot down. Good luck.

Cristina..Way to go on the weight loss. I can't get going at all. Good luck!!

Sassy_Chick
01-24-2011, 02:48 PM
Hey All! :wave:

Nothing new here. Just snow and more snow and more cold! BLAH! lol. I think I'm ready for spring already!

Big :hug: to all of you!

Found this quote and had to share with you all!!

"True friends love you for who you are, yet inspire you to be so much more!!!" <3

suetalks
01-25-2011, 01:19 PM
I have no life..so nothing new.
But mom did see the back surgeon today. He is thrilled with her progress and will only see her 1 more time if all is still well.
If she hadn't been knocked back with the pneumonia and flu bug I think she would be much stronger by now. But she is doing quite well as it is. Walking with just the cane now instead of the wheelchair and/or walker.

I am going to iron....ugh.

Shopaholic1204
01-25-2011, 03:26 PM
I dunno why, but I always feel guilty coming on here when I'm not on track, lol! I hang out in general, so I don't feel totally bad. Last week was so stressful & my eating was complete crap. I'm back on track today..so hopefully things will get better. The good news is, I haven't gained any weight. I'm pretty good at maintaining my weight. I hate that! It makes it that much harder to work it off. But I'm FINALLY going to join the gym today. Things got really messed up last week, and I didn't get the chance.

Anyhoo..nothing much is new here. I bought concert tickets for New Kids on the Block & BSB. My friend & I get to meet them!! Yay!! I also bought tickets to see Katy Perry, and my bestie & I get to meet her, LOL!! I'm very very excited about both concerts!

Anyhoo..I'm going to go now..

suetalks
01-25-2011, 10:32 PM
Francie- I also feel guilty coming here when I am not/have not been able to stick with anything (weight loss) for years. I just keep hoping that some day some way it will sink in. ..sigh..

Didn't you start WW's? Good luck on getting back on track and with the gym. Wow on the concerts. Of course, being over the hill, those groups do not appeal to me..nor does Katy Perry. But I know you will have a great time at them. DO you buy a special package to get to meet the artists?

Nothing going on here.....

Shopaholic1204
01-26-2011, 08:16 AM
Sue~ I feel like a failure for not losing weight..even though I eat right, and exercise every day. Did you see the commerical for The Biggest Loser, the one about the twins? That made me feel terrible. The voice over was like you can have the best trainers, the best meal plan and then this happens. And it shows a clip of the twins with a weight gain or something. That is how it is for me!! Ugh..

Ya, I'm doing WW. I'm having trouble with it. I can never find any of the food I'm making. Like, last night..I had a pulled pork sandwich, that I picked it up at Whole Foods. (I picked out pulled pork, mashed potatoes, and rice) But I couldn't find anything like that in the foods!! And it didn't have any nutrition facts, so I couldn't put it in myself. The only listings for pulled pork were from restaurants!!! I just hate it when it does that. I dunno..I'm thinking about talking to my doc about losing weight. See if she has any recommendations, other than "eat right, and exercise" lol!!

I do buy a special package for the concerts. I just came to know about it though. It's through a website called, I Love All Access (ILAA). It gives you packages with extremely cool deals!! Like a pre-party, meet & greets, photo ops, etc. I just wish this was around when I was a teenager, lol!! You had to win tickets from the radio just to meet the bands, lol!!

Anyways...I had a bad night. Too many things on my mind. I don't even feel sleepy right now, lol!! I'm going to play those stupid Facebook games. I was re-organizing my city in Cityville, from midnight to 4am!!! What a total waste of time!! Oh..hubs & I are in this weird rut. I don't feel like reading, and he doesn't feel like playing video games. So now I'm playing computer games, and he's reading. The roles reversed, totally weird & funny!!

suetalks
01-26-2011, 09:54 PM
Cristina- I never get tired of eating out...get tired of cooking. Of course, we haven't gone out much since Christmas. If I missed it..tell me, when are you moving? and where is it that it is 25 miles from civilization? lol I knew your hubby got laid off, but didn't know you had found a place and all that....but I have missed a lot lately. Anyway, I hope you will have somewhere to get out and walk. I know you love that!

Francie- Hope tonight is better for ya. I know how a person can get caught up in the FB games. I am gonna get rid of my farms and just play the daily games. I like video poker and black jack right now and always Jeopardy and Wheel.

Nurse was here and thought mom was doing real well. She sees her GP on Friday. Hope all is well there also. I think she is doing awesome.

jules1216
01-27-2011, 10:40 AM
I really cant seem to get otivated as much as my brain tells me I have too. I am very glad for the friendships and support I get from this thread and all of you.

suetalks
01-27-2011, 10:44 AM
Sounds like we are all in a weight loss funk. Let's agree to have our "pity party" and moan and itch all week-end then come back in here Monday ready to GO GO GO.

I think I can do that...as I think mom will need me less by Monday and I can think of myself more..

Are you all with me????

luckycharm
01-27-2011, 11:28 AM
Hello everyone

Just popping in to say a quick hello to everyone before I run to town.

:grouphug: for everyone.

Shopaholic1204
01-28-2011, 12:12 AM
My internet & cable is finally back on!! It went out last night, with only 20 mins left of Off The Map!! I was sooo mad, lol!! I ended up reading & doing my nails until I got sleepy. Then today was super boring!! I read more, and fell asleep, lol!! I was going to play Zumba, but I had no idea how to hook up the Xbox360. We ended up going to Target to buy a movie, and didn't find anything interesting, lol! So instead of driving a half an hour to Walmart, we bought season 1 of NCIS, from Borders, lol! I miss the days where The Warehouse & Suncoast was in every mall. But the internet is back on, and I have a lot of gameplay to catch up on. I just feel terrible for the people who are without power. I read that it probably won't be back on until SUNDAY!! I cannot imagine how they are surviving without a heater. :( It gets so cold at night. I'm praying that the electricity is turned on soon!!

Cristina- Barney still comes on?? Wow, I don't think my kids will ever watch that, lol! When that show first came out, we always changed the lyrics into something really terrible. Haha!! I want to see Elmo!! I saw some billboards for Disney on Ice, and I really wanted to go, lol!! You saw Elton John & Billy Joel???? NICE!!! We wanted to see Paul McCartney, but Fonzo ended up having duty that night. :(

Sue~ I L-O-V-E Bingo!! LoL!! I used to play it all the time on pogo. But it's on FB now, so I'm loving that! I love playing Wheel of Fortune too. I'm crazy good at that game. My grandma banned me from watching it with her, because I was always right, lol!! But yet, I suck at Scrabble..I dunno what is up with that, lol!

OKay..time to go check in with my games. I bet all my crops in Cityville & Paradise Island are dead. I bet all the trees I chopped down in Ravenwood Fair have grown back too. Ugh. I'm a serious nerd huh??

Oh..this is really off topic..but do eye glass store sell cat glasses?? I really really want some!

suetalks
01-28-2011, 10:06 AM
Cristian- I read back..forgot to ask you how you are liking the work or if you have gotten started yet. Still didn't read where you are moving to.... Way to go on the exercise. I tell you after having Mason for 4 hours I think the days you have Lily must be counted as exercise. He seriously wears me out, but he is so sweet. I love having him and had to turn it down for today due to mom's dr. appt. :(

Francie- Yikes, I can't imagine being cold with the utilities off. DH is thinking of getting a generator..just in case that would happen here. He and I could probably handle it, but with mom I think we need to take every precaution. We actually even turned our thermostat up this winter..and some nights it gets too warm for me. I like a cool bedroom to sleep, but can't stand to be cold during the day.

Woke up to more snow......it is getting tiresome. LOL
Nothing exciting going on..taking mom to the Dr. this afternoon. The therapist was pleased with her and won't be back unless we call for some reason. I think the nurse comes for 1 more week.

Have a good week-end ladies....I doubt we do anything here, but ya'll have fun!

Shopaholic1204
01-28-2011, 02:47 PM
Cristina~ An ice storm? Scary! It was raining ice last week. I've never seen that before, lol! Where did you get your glasses at?? I told Fonzo I want some, but with those lenses that get darker in the sunlight. That way I can wear them as sunglasses, lol!

Sue~ After the electricity went out last summer, and we almost melted..we bought a generator. Fonzo was talking about getting some space heaters, but those make me so nervous! I like a cool bedroom too. I hate waking up feeling dried out.

It's snowing again. Fonzo said it's going to snow more. We're staying in this weekend for sure.

suetalks
01-29-2011, 01:09 PM
Cristina- Sorry you feel like you can't talk about personal things. I know what you mean though. Sometimes I go on forever and I am sure people get tired of it. But..it is also a way for me to vent at times.
I really am interested in everyone's lives outside of weightloss too...even if I don't always respond. The only way to feel like we know each other. On the other hand, I have typed up long posts before and then re-read and said TMI..and deleted them. So, whatever you are comfortable with.
Glad to hear you are working..I knew it sounded like an interesting job and would be sporadic, but hey..more time for Lily. (who is a DOLL, I might add)

Francie- Hope you don't get too much snow..I am already tired of it here. We are due for a big storm in the middle of the week. 6 to 12 inches. GIVE me a BREAK! lol

Mom had a great visit with her Dr. She (dr) said several times that mom has impressed her so much with her quick recovery. Her blood work was all good so just has to go to the respiratory therapist Monday for a check of that. The nurse was here this morning and she will come twice next week then be done. Yay!

I stepped on the scales this morning..pleasantly surprised, so that got me reved up. I have been eating well and NO salty snacks the last few days...so today I will step it up a notch and do a video exercise. I am going to pull out my OLDER than dirt Richard Simmons, Dancing to the Oldies tapes. LOL..Hope I can remember how to use the VCR. Obsolete as it is. Ha. I will WI Monday and use that as my starting point for this go-round.

Have a good Sat. ladies.

suetalks
01-29-2011, 02:25 PM
OMG...I had forgotten how hard those videos were. You think dancing will be easy. LOL ...I barely did 20 minutes. I swear I am soooo out of shape. But hey, I will keep at it. Will do another 20 minutes of it or the trampoline later. I swear I will get 40 minutes in today..of something.

Calorie counting on fitday again....so far so good. I didn't even use my week-end for whining and *itching. :)

jules1216
01-30-2011, 11:27 AM
Hi all...the boys shared their colds, now I have a sore throat and drippy nose :(

Dom is really sweet, he helps vaccuum and sweep, he's says I help you!! too adorable and Ash is my little vampire, he got the bottom two front teth and then instead of the top two, he got the top two on either side.

Sorry I have been down in the dumps and whiny, missing Mom and then two of my step siblings turned out to be as two faced and mean as they were 30 years ago...really hurt my feelings, especially the one sister..

jules1216
01-30-2011, 11:33 AM
did manage to lose a little...don't know how other than I did give up cokes again, drinking more water...actually shocked myself!! all the shoveling and walking up and down the hill didnt hurt...told hubby I need to start walking down and up once a day til I feel like my chest is not going to explode!!

suetalks
01-30-2011, 05:05 PM
Hope your cold gets better soon Jules, and hope the boys are okay now. They sound so darn cute. I am patiently awaiting Mason talking to me. He told me "bath" when he was here, when I said not now he tried to take off his shoes and said "shoe." He says "mine" ( seems to be a big word for toddlers) and "mama." Cassie told me he says a lot of things, but so far he isn't very talkative here.

I did manage to get in 40 minutes of exercise yesterday...20 with Richard and 20 with WATP. Felt pretty good after I caught my breath. I plan to do at least 20 minutes later....just had lunch.

Basically having a lazy day. The sun is even shining, but the ground is still covered with snow and we are supposed to get lots more snow and ice this week. Just shoot me now!!!

Happy Sunday all.

Shopaholic1204
01-30-2011, 11:47 PM
Cristina- I read everything you write! :hug: It's not good to always keep your worries to yourself. Just vent away! You'll feel better. I'll have to see if there is that store here. If not, I can always check out other stores. So those lenses don't get too dark? Hmm..that's okay I guess..

Sue- I'm tired of the snow too. I want the dry heat!! I wanna go swimming!! LoL!! I'm ready for spring/summer. I used to do the Richard Simmons tapes with my mom!! LOL!! Hey, if it made you sweat, then it's still pretty good! I wonder if those are on dvd now. I like that he uses real people. Too bad he's so annoying, lol!! On I Love The 80's (or 90s..I forget which one)..someone said he's bipolar. One min he's screaming, then cheering, then crying. LoL!!

Jules~ You need some cold medicine? I found like 20 boxes under my bed, lol!! I hope you feel better soon!

Nothing new with me. I'm just fed up with living in these apartments. Management complained that our blinds our broken, and are making us pay $36. However..we put down a deposit. So that should cover ANYTHING that is broken. Hubs was really mad..and decided to replace the blinds himself. I told him that we're taking the blinds with us when we move, lol! We paid for it, so why not? We're going house hunting in Az soon. I really really hope we can buy a house while we're there. I would move out..and hubs would move into the barracks. I'm so fed up with this place. They just repainted the stairs & doors in the hallway for the 30 bagillionth time. There is so much paint on our door, we had a hard time opening & closing it.

Anyways..I'm done complaining. Oh..I did Zumba over the weekend....I thought my lungs were going to explode. LOL!!

OKay..more NCIS time! I love this show!

suetalks
02-01-2011, 12:31 AM
OMG...Ice storm with snow on top of that. Then we are supposed to get snow for the next 2 days. I could cry, I am so "over" winter.

I really wanted to go to Penney's this week....but not in this mess. I took mom to her dr. appt. today and her respiration is much better. Looks good right now and she does not have to see the Respiratory therapist until June.

For right now we are just hoping we don't lose power....they say if it goes it might be out for days. We have quite a lot of food we can eat without cooking and we made orange juice, iced tea and collected water to drink. But I am not going to be happy without my coffee. I boiled eggs, got fresh fruit and canned fruit, lots of bread, lunch meat and cheeses. We don't even have a gas grill, which is what a lot of people rely on for food if the power goes out. Ah well, we will cross the bridges that are put in front of us as they come.

If you are effected by this mess...please stay home and be safe!!

Shopaholic1204
02-01-2011, 01:46 AM
Sue~ I really really REALLY hope your electricity doesn't go out!!! :hug:

jules1216
02-01-2011, 10:33 AM
Cristina--yes, sad about my cinny-toast, she was a really good dog....damn cancer. I know you went through it with your Ernie-dog. I agree with Francie...vent away...we will be each others support group!

Sue-I am soooo ready for spring myself...I hope your power doesnt go. Hubby was talking about pulling his old generator up to the house just in case.
Yes, my cold sucks big time, hubby thinks my immune system is just run down from all the stress of the past year.

Francie--lol....I have a supply of cold meds...thanks for the offer. That's terrible about the charge for the blinds. It's normal wear and tear, they dont stay perfect..I agree if they are going to charge you for them take them with you!

We got ice this morning, weather stations saying we will get worse. Staying home wating for Cinnamin to be picked up for creamation, the grounds too hard to dig a hole. Well, I have now had 6 out of 12 months with someone close to me or my family dying. Ready for it to stop. Hope this is the last. I had a two-ish year period from 16-18 (year before and after graduation) when there were 24 family, friends or acquaintances dying--natural, drunk drivers, suicide and drug related..

Shopaholic1204
02-01-2011, 03:56 PM
Cristina~ I'll have to look around for the glasses and the lenses. I like my sunglasses to be semi dark. That is really funny that your son danced to Sweatin To The Oldies. You should remind him of that...in front of EVERYONE!! Hahah!! Sorry that you have that imagine of your father, forever in your mind. I still see my mom lying in that room, totally pale & still. It will haunt me until the day I die. :hug: Ugh..

Jules~ Sorry about your dog :hug: Cancer in animals is really hard. They can't tell you they're in pain. :( I wish I had my cat cremated..but we were so broke at the time, and it was expensive enough just to put her down. When I was younger, a lot of my family members died around the same time. You know..I still haven't bought a headstone for my mom yet. When we were in Az in Aug, I had just found out she didn't have one. I was going to buy one when we were there in Dec/Jan..but then I got really sick. So this time I WILL buy one for her.

So my good friend, Aunt Flo, is 1 day late. I just have this terrible feeling it's going to show up next week. She just LOVES to pop up when I'm about to go on a trip. Blah.

Shopaholic1204
02-03-2011, 02:24 AM
You're just a threadkiller Cristina, lol!! Jk :p

I'm going to end all this death talk..It's making me really sad.

Cristina~ The workouts are making you sleepy..so I hope you're resting better at night. I told my friend all the symptoms I'm having (really light period..bloating, extremely sore boobs, mirgranes, lower back pain, etc) and she said I sound like I'm pregnant. I told her not to mess with my mind, lol!! I guess Verizon doesn't work everywhere, huh?? Stupid commercials for lying!! What phone did you end up with? And how did you get it in pink?? I wish the iphones came in pink, instead of black!

Well..as I mentioned above, I'm having the world's lightest period, with the worst symptoms ever!! It's been a really long time since I've felt this terrible. I feel so bloated, and miserable. :( Nothing I take works either. Well..except for Exderian for PMS. I took 2 the other day, and couldn't stop shaking!! I hate pills with caffeine in them.

Anyways..we made an appointment to look at house in Az on the 12th. I've been narrowing down the list of houses to look at online. So far, there are..8 houses that we like. Seeing them in person will be better than online though.

Oh..get this. My glasses made the bridge of my nose bleed. :( I guess some of the plastic (or whatever) was wearing off, and rubbing into the skin!! So I'm wearing my square glasses right now. I really hate them because they are really loose. I'm gonna go see if I can get them adjusted. I just don't know if I have to go all the way back to the mall in DC..or if any eye glass store will do.

I hope everyone still has their electricity..and are being safe when you go outside. We haven't gotten anything here yet. *knock on wood* It rained a little bit last night & today..so that melted the snow somewhat. I just can't wait till summer. I need to work on my sunburn..I mean tan.

Gotta go to bed..nighty nite!

suetalks
02-03-2011, 12:51 PM
Just haven't had anything to report. I know everyone is tired of this darn weather talk...and I am tired of the darn weather.
Actually, our power was off for over 3 hours Tuesday night. We had just started up the fireplace and gotten out extra blankets to go to bed and it came back on! Yay! Has been okay since then. I must say we were prepared for a longer outage, but glad it didn't transpire.

As of today mom is finished with the visiting nurse and doing great. She has gained back almost 8 pounds and has a good appetite. Trouble is, I think I am gaining with her. :)

I have not done a WI this week. Eating has been a little rough. I do great breakfast and lunch, then it all goes to heck. (actually haven't been snacking, just eating too much dinner)

Please, please Spring, hurry up. I want to walk outdoors.

Cristina, you are not a threadkiller...I think we all just have the "winter blahs." I know I do.

Hope you all have a great week-end. We are trying to dodge the "S" word...again. Our addition is still a sheet of ice and I have not been out since Mon.

Sassy_Chick
02-03-2011, 01:44 PM
Hey All.

I hope you all are doing well. I haven't been posting because I feel I have nothing valuable to contribute. Still haven't been motivated to eat healthy or exercise except for my trips up and down the stairs.

Francie -- Have u tested? Maybe you are? I know you don't wanna jinx yourself or nothing. I'll keep my fingers :crossed: for ya. ;) I hate when my glasses break but at least now if they do I have some that more recent than my "Sally's" that I used to have to wear as my "emergency pair" lol

Cristina -- your not a threadkiller! That is usually my job! Just watch! HA HA. Just kidding! Good job on the exercise. I need to get myself into gear. UGH.

Sue -- so glad your mom is doing well! I'm tired of this weather as well and I usually enjoy winter but this is becoming ridiculous! lol. Glad your power is back on. My cousin's power was off for 24 hours!

Anywho. Thats all from here.

Big :hug:

And this is for all of you:

http://dl2.glitter-graphics.net/pub/2672/2672372mprbkjn0pk.png (http://www.glitter-graphics.com)

Saw it and it made me think of you all. ;)

Shopaholic1204
02-03-2011, 09:16 PM
Sue~ That's great about your mom!! You're lucky to have a fireplace in case the heater goes off. I hear ya on the weather, I'm getting pretty tired of it myself.

Sassy~ Nope..not preggo. I took a test today, and it came out negative. Hubs knew we wouldn't be that lucky. You should always post..even if you have nothing to say. :)

Anyhoo..nothing new here. I'm sitting listening to the Dirty Dancing soundtrack & playing Bingo on FB. LoL!! I have no life. Aight..bye 4 now.

Sassy_Chick
02-03-2011, 11:59 PM
Hey Gals. :wave:

Nuttin' going on here.

Francie-- Aww I am so sorry about that! I was really hoping you'd get a BFP (Big Fat Positive!) So Big :hug: I know how much those negatives can hurt. Thanks I just think I have been in a serious FUNK lately!

Oh Jules -- I got my Valentines Day Card today! Thanks! :val1:

suetalks
02-04-2011, 03:19 PM
Good Friday afternoon. Whew I am pooped. Had Mason James for just 3 hours..but that child is never still. And I don't trust him out of my sight, so I am on the go as much as he is. :) He had the flu and lost some weight, poor baby. But he is making up for it by being very hungry. :)

DH went to the grocery store for me again. Don't know if that is a good thing or a bad thing. I really felt the need to get out of the house, but guess he is trying to be nice. I really wanted to go to Penney's this week..good sale..but that is not gonna happen. Our neighborhood is like Cristina's...a sheet of ice. The main roads are pretty good I hear...but back roads are still terrible.

Nothing much going on otherwise. I cleaned yesterday, bathrooms and floors. Made stir fry for dinner, chicken for me, shrimp for mom and DH. Although I think mom ate both. She is so cute. She always says "do you mind if I eat this?" I tell her anything that is not nailed down is up for grabs, but she always asks. LOL It does me good to see her appetite return!!

Have a good week-end all...

jules1216
02-04-2011, 04:48 PM
went down Mom's and packed up the rest of her clothes....Dom played with toys...found Teri's Spice girls dolls still in the boxes...lol

Sue--I am so ready for spring myself...I still need your address!!

Cristina--you can't be the thread killer cause that title belongs to me sweetie..

Sassy--you are welcome for the card!!

Francie--bingo...you wild child!!

well, ASh is fussing Teri just came in and I need to go to the store.

Shopaholic1204
02-05-2011, 01:53 AM
Join us in the BIK group on FB Cristina!

jules1216
02-05-2011, 12:16 PM
Does this mean no more BIK here at 3fc?

??? I dont know but it looks that way...

suetalks
02-05-2011, 12:49 PM
I, for one, am not opposed to doing both places.....it is just easy over there to see who is online and since it comes up on the home page you can reply right away.
I still read several places on 3fc's...so I am here too.

jules1216
02-05-2011, 01:21 PM
I can do both..I look at other threads on here to.

Shopaholic1204
02-05-2011, 04:56 PM
I'm doing both. But I am on FB more than here.

jules1216
02-06-2011, 11:45 AM
This group has become a very important part of my life. I dont know what I would do with out the support I get from you all and I dont care where we post just so we ALL do it somewhere.

with that said I will say that I do sometimes feel guilty coming here knowing that I am only 5 lbs less that when I first started, but as I said and have said when others post with those feelings, I CANT give up the group of friends. I do like the privacy on the other site with only us seeing it.

Sassy_Chick
02-06-2011, 05:56 PM
I agree Jules. I've "known" you all for going on 5 years now! and I think I've probably gained some or most of my weight back..........but aw well. :shrug: I think we all enjoy each other and don't need to be any specific "reason", just to talk is nice.

I'm honestly not sure about the FB one, only good thing is it is PRIVATE so nobody else can see it. I get kinda overwhelmed with all the comments on there though and I had to turn off the mail settings. But it is good I like being able to "talk freely" in there vs. here. But I still find myself coming over here, even if its just this thread. Kinda feels like home to me.........

Well I hope that I didn't offend anybody. I do enjoy both places, but each has their own issues. But its like Jules said, as long as we all are together, it doesn't matter.

:hug:

Shopaholic1204
02-06-2011, 06:39 PM
I like both places. I do like the freedom of the other one. I also feel guilty coming here when I haven't lost anything, or when I gain. I usually just end up stalking everyone on here when nothing happens with me, lol!

I dont care where we post just so we ALL do it somewhere.

Agreed!!! :hug:

Shopaholic1204
02-07-2011, 03:45 PM
So after my hellish 2 weeks..I have lost a total of 1 pound, lol!! Not great, but at least it is something. I also had to re-do my Weight Watchers tracker. I changed my starting weight..back to what I weighed in December. I knew that what I lost when I started Prozac, would be gained back after it settled in my system. So now I have a better realistic goal. One I can probably achieve with more hard work. It's back to nightly dance games & I'll be jumping on the ellipitcal during my show tonight. I'm just going to have to start off slowly on that..I usually get tired within 2 mins, lol!! OKay..time to go clean something.

suetalks
02-07-2011, 07:11 PM
I actually escaped the confines of the house today. Went and got my hair cut, to the bank, CVS and the local grocery. I didn't venture into the big city. LOL
Our street is still a sheet of ice, but the main highway was okay.

Got laundry done and beds made. :) Nothing really major. We are having leftovers for dinner, so I am having an easy night. Hopefully I can get out again tomorrow and go to the regular grocery store....I have a huge list.

Cristina- IS your street still icy? We had some sun, but it didn't do much good.

jules1216
02-07-2011, 08:28 PM
woo hoo...you go Sue!! Francie & Sassy--we are in this together!!

oh where oh where has my Cristina gone, oh where oh where can she be....
come back soon!

Shopaholic1204
02-07-2011, 11:36 PM
Want to come over and make my bed Sue?? LoL!!

I made it out too. We went to the mall..I bought my friend's son a very cute Cars shirt & hat. He's turning 2 on the 9th, and is having a bday party on the 12th. I'm very excited to get to be in Az for his party. I also bought some new clothes. The size 14 capris I bought, were a little loose around the waist. I guess I'll be wearing a belt with those pants. But omfg..they are so cute!! And they'll look cute with my new TOMS shoes!! <3 I love new clothes.

Anyone want to come over and clean my house? I'll pay you 300 bucks!!!! LoL!!

suetalks
02-09-2011, 12:12 AM
It is going to be wicked cold here tomorrow. I don't think this ice will ever melt.
I went out again today...just in case I can't get out the rest of the week.

Mom is finally scheduled for her kidney stent replacement the 17th. I hope she keeps getting stronger so she doesn't have any trouble.

Food was good today, but I took a day off from my weights. WATP tomorrow....Richard Simmons is too darn perky, I will give him a rest for a few days. :)

Shopaholic1204
02-09-2011, 12:54 AM
Sue- What is a kidney stent replacement?? Sorry about all the ice. You should come here! It's cold still..but no snow (for now).

My butt still hurts from when I fell off the ellipitcal :( I'm sore from other things too..ugh..I'm taking a break from working out tomorrow.

suetalks
02-09-2011, 10:53 AM
Francie-Last winter they had to place a stent near mom's kidney as she had a blockage and was not emptying her kidney fully. That caused pain and infection. They have to change out the stent 2 times a year. :( It is an out patient surgery with a quick recovery, but can always cause further trouble. Mom has had the original and 1 replacement without any side effects. So *fingers crossed* this goes as well.

I am sore all over my body today. Awoke with my arm asleep all the way to my shoulder and had to massage it for awhile to get any feeling. wtf? I also have sore wrists and hips...so..gonna take it easy this morning and see what is going on. Hubby felt flu like yesterday and ached, so maybe this is my version.

suetalks
02-10-2011, 11:22 AM
Hey Cristina...Miss you...please post here if you don't want to post at BIK on FB.
Did you get the horrible cold temps. this morning? It was -2* when we got up. It is + 3 * now.....I hate winter!

Please let us know how that sweet baby is doing. I hate it when the babies are sick. Mason has had the flu 2 or 3 times already. The last time I weighed him afterwards and he had lost 2 pounds. Now 2 pounds if you only weigh 30 to begin with is not good. He is feeling so much better and getting into everything now..and I get to have him in the morning. I plan to weigh him again....
His mama just got a second job and has signed up for school to be an RN. That gal is going to be busy. I might be watching him a bit more here and there.

DGD who is 4 months preggers has heard from her DH from Afghanistan this week, so she is happy and feeling better.

Nothing planned today except cleaning. UGH...

jules1216
02-11-2011, 09:49 AM
trying to wake up...seems I cant get moving this morning...maybe after my coffee..

yw Cristina...I thought the cards were cute!

Sassy_Chick
02-11-2011, 01:31 PM
Hi Cristina! :wave: Hi Jules! :wave:

I hope you both are doing well!!

suetalks
02-13-2011, 03:08 PM
How can I start off every day with such good intentions, eat an OP breakfast, get my body moving...then by bedtime be ruing how I let the day fall apart?
Ugh...I am sooooo off the mark.

On a happier note, it is in the 40's and sunny. The ice is starting to melt and if the street clears we might actually get out to walk by Tuesday or so. I am excited.

I had a nice "date" with DH yesterday. We went to lunch and bought my ring. (getting sized-- I will send pics. )
Came home for a few hours then went to the casino in the evening. I overdid lunch..but did well the other two meals. I just have to beat myself up every night. Sigh

Hope you are all having a lovely week-end. I am being lazy today...going to fix a nice dinner, but until then I am mostly reading.

Sassy_Chick
02-13-2011, 05:32 PM
Hey Sue! :wave:

I plan on beginning to start being OP when DH starts back to work. Too difficult with him home. I know what a stupid excuse, but true! lol. I beat ya here its in the 60's and warm and sunny! :sunny: I can't believe it! We sat outside for a bit and now I have the office window open to air it out! lol.

Glad you had a nice date with DH. DH and I went to the Flea Market yesterday with a friend. They were scouting booths because they are thinking of opening a booth together, selling cables and computer stuff. I thought it'd be something nice for them both to do together and make a little bit of money on the side maybe. Figured they could try it out one weekend and see how it goes at least.

Well have a Great Sunday all!

suetalks
02-13-2011, 08:23 PM
Cristina..I hate packing. How long do you have before you move? So much involved and now I am thinking of all Lily's toys you didn't have last move. LOL (I have seen pictures...) :)
Good luck with it..and I am sure when all is back to normal you will be ready to get back on the wagon.

Sassy- NO, I totally know what you mean about not being good when Dh is home. I know if I could be alone for 2 weeks I could get a good start on this eating thing...DH just doesn't understand what I need to do to be on program. He thinks if he cuts out lunch he will lose (and he does) but I tell him it is not healthy. He wants his meat and taters...so hard to cook for him and then not eat. I have absolutely NO willpower. Ugh..

jules1216
02-13-2011, 10:12 PM
eating was good, wanted to walk the hill a few times, but hubby went to the garage and I had ASh and then Dominic so it didn't happen...cleaned out my closet though...have some stuff I havent worn in a long time to go to Goodwill.

Sassy_Chick
02-14-2011, 08:45 PM
http://dl5.glitter-graphics.net/pub/882/882675d3xr4mer2b.gif (http://www.glitter-graphics.com)

Happy Vday Chickies!

DH made me dinner lastnight, breakfast this morning, and dinner for me tonight again! I am spoiled lemme tell ya! HA!

I made my Deep Dark Chocolate Cake from the recipe I found a few months ago in my mom's old cookbooks that I made for my DH's bday in Dec. that he loves. I modified it a little and added some Godiva Liquor in the cake mix and he added a touch to the cream cheese icing that he put on top. What more is love than a Deep Dark Chocolate Cake with Cream Cheese Icing with Godiva Liquor in it?!! LMAO!

I haven't been feeling great at all. I think its the change in weather. It was all nice and sunny yesterday and in the 60's and was only in the 40's today, which I know is still milder than it has been, but I dunno feel crappy! lol. I filled myself with cold meds and am pulling through it though!

Cristina -- I hate packing. Well I guess I hate unpacking more, but either one still stinks! lol YW on the email. Its a E-Valentine I created.

Jules -- GJ on the eating and exercising. I plan on starting next week once DH is back to work! lol.

Sue -- Yes my DH, God Love him, means well, but he cooks too darn much and too much of the wrong things! lol. I mean they are good, but they aren't good for my figure! HA! With him back to work, things shall hopefully get "back to normal"! I hope! lol.

Well Chicks. I hope you had a great Vday!

jules1216
02-14-2011, 10:16 PM
Happy Valentines Day!!

suetalks
02-15-2011, 09:30 PM
WI was the same..oh well, better than gaining.
I did eat some chocolates.....sigh.

jules1216
02-18-2011, 08:41 PM
Cristina--hubby ended up sharing the flu...I lost two pounds....but as soon as I can eat again I am sure it will come back...

Sue--no gain is better than a gain...

Sassy_Chick
02-18-2011, 09:29 PM
Hi all. :wave:

Well we went all over town doing our errands. Went to Ikea to get some shelves and WOW they were PACKED! I guess kids and some people got a 4 day weekend for Presidents Day on Monday or something!!! Then went to Costco and our Couch is no longer there!!! :cry: I'm so incredibly SAD!!!! DH talked to them and they said they'd probably have them back in the summer time. I am going to check out their website, see if I can get it shipped to a store or our house!!!

I did buy myself some lean cuisine meals there. I know they are not the greatest, but a lot better than what I have been eating! Only thing I do not know what to drink besides water. I'm not a huge fan of Crystal Lites. But I do need something besides H20. Any ideas ladies??

DH is a HUGE grump *** today. I know his wrist is bothering him and now his back is too, he plans on seeing the dr as soon as we get the insurance info. But damn! I wanted to give him some Midol or something today!! I know I am no "Miss Sunshine" but DAMN!!! He went to help his friend a little bit. So I get some peace and quiet! HA HA! I am sure he is saying the same about me!! lol.

Ugh my back is beginning to hurt now........I think its all this crazy weather!! lol. Supposed to snow on Mon & Tues!! After being in the 60's and 70's!! CRAZY!! lol.

Cristina -- :hug: I gained 6 pounds! :p I plan on getting back on plan starting on Monday. :bravo:

Jules -- Ugh the Flu sucks! :hug:

Well that is all I have to say..........For now! HA HA!

P.S. I found the little pic and it reminded me of my hubby! HA HA!

http://dl8.glitter-graphics.net/pub/229/229798y0okfc7jam.jpg (http://www.glitter-graphics.com)

suetalks
02-18-2011, 10:30 PM
Cristina-Sorry to hear you won't join us on FB. I actually did not want to post there either, until I realized it is separate from my FB pages. It was hard for me to get used to at first, but the BIK does not show up anywhere else, so that finally got through my thick head. LOL And like Sassy, Francie and Mindee have found out...you can carry on some nice conversations over a period of time there. :) It is just something different. But fun now that I am used to it.
Good luck on the moving next week.

Jules- Hope you are feeling better soon.

Sassy- I have never been to Ikea. I would like to visit one of their stores. Sorry about the sofa also. :(

I had Mason today...boy, did he wear me out. But I love it. He is the sweetest little guy. We are all so taken with him. :) I wish I could see my great-granddaughter more too..she is a cutie, but lives away from here. I get tickled at her pictures as she is still bald. I look at Cristina's GD with all that hair..and here is poor Teagan with NONE. LOL She is 8 months old..no hair yet.

Anyway, I put a nice roast in the oven..a recipe from DH's sister. It was really, really good. So, other than babysitting I didn't do anything too hard today. :) Going to lunch for DGD's birthday tomorrow to Olive Garden. I haven't seen her for awhile so I am anxious to see how much she is showing. She has an ultrasound the 28th, but doesn't want to know the sex. Darn...I want to know. Since her hubby is overseas and can't see she doesn't want to know either. I want to buy baby things..but I want to buy pink or blue.
Also going to play cards tomorrow night for the first time in a long time. I am making buffalo chicken dip for that.

Mom is doing so very well....she is eating and gaining. Yay! Sees her surgeon Tuesday and will be released.

So..that's my day and upcoming week-end. Hope it stays warm so I can walk tomorrow.

jules1216
02-20-2011, 11:07 AM
Day 5 of the plague...the doctor put me on Tamiflu and I am feeling a little better this morning...still no energy (lol...like I actually had any before the start of this stuff) I just hope the fever stays away, still really achy...but boy have i missed the grandboys....

oh...and hubby and I are ready to seriously hurt each other from feeling crappy and stuck together way too much time...

Sassy_Chick
02-20-2011, 11:53 PM
Hey Chickies.

Sue -- Ikea is awesome, well I think......ha. I haven't yet went to Costco's website. I knew as soon as we saw the couch and the price, I KNEW it wouldn't last! It always happens when you don't have the money!!! lol. Awwwwww glad you had fun with the GK's.........Aw be nice to know what your DGD's having!! How exciting! I love shopping for babies!! :) So glad your mom's doing well!!! My MIL's just had her boot taken off her one leg so she can maneuver around a lot better!!

Jules -- Aw so sorry you are feeling awful!! My DH got sick lastnight. Not sure if it was what he ate or what. But he felt better today. I felt a bit off today, but didn't keep me down at least. Big :hug: I hope you feel better soon!

Well I officially drank my last soda with dinner......no more sodas.......:( I'm kinda sad about it but only because I just have water to drink now. I'm thinking I will get me some lemons and limes and spice up my water a bit. ;) Already have my Lean Cuisine Meals ready for the week. I have oatmeal if I want it for breakfast. I also have those lowfat blueberry muffins made out of that Greek Yogurt to eat too. I'm excited this time. Nobody is motivating me, but me! I can do this thing! I'm not setting any goals, just taking it one day at a time!!!!!!!

Well thats all from me.........for now!

Sassy_Chick
02-21-2011, 07:43 PM
Hey Chicks.

Cristina -- Yeah I guess it wasn't meant to be. But we did love it! lol. Today here it is cold, windy and rainy.......just makes ya wanna stay in bed......:p

Ok so I stayed up all night lastnight because my back was killing me and now judging from our weather here today (cold and rainy) now I know why! lol. But I did manage to eat a Bagel Thin (like a normal bagel only thinner and only 100 calories) and drank my water. Then went to bed while DH went to his Orientation today, he brought me home food from Long Johns. I know not the greatest selection.........But I just ate the shrimp and inhailed the french fries unfortunately. lol. Drank 1/2 a mt. dew.

But I did go up and down our stairs 5 times for some form of exercise. I will do more tomorrow. I also made us a cup of hot cocoa cuz its a hot cocoa kind of day, but it was the good stuff that I could pronounce every ingredient on and I didn't finish my whole cup.

Thats it so far. I'm not beating myself up over every single calorie, only trying to do better and make sure I don't over do it, eating wise.

So there ya go. I totally forgot to WI this morning, so I'll try to remember tomorrow!

Sassy

suetalks
02-22-2011, 09:18 PM
Have had a busy day and now I am feeling pretty yucky. Darn it, I do not want to get sick. :(

I am lightheaded and my joints ache. Have a headache too....gross. I am going to have an early night and try to sleep it off.

Adios....

suetalks
02-23-2011, 02:45 PM
Cristina- Sorry if my above post about FB offended you..I was just trying to get you to come over..didn't mean to upset you.... Seems like you are not my friend on FB anymore.. I have read it back several times and really don't know what was offensive. Sorry...

jules1216
02-24-2011, 10:45 PM
sassy--I love bagel thins

sue--oh noo...thats how we started with the 5 day fever and now 5 days after the fever still achy

Cristina--staight data entry is hard to do

night all!!

Sassy_Chick
02-25-2011, 01:21 AM
Hey All.

Sue -- uh oh hope you feel better! :hug:
Cristina -- GL with the job!
Jules -- Yes they are good and easy to make and only 100 calories. I try to eat 1/2 within getting up, I heard its supposed to help your metabolism, but man its tough because I'm usually not hungry then! lol.

Sassy_Chick
03-01-2011, 01:43 PM
Wow am I a thread killer or what??!!! LMAO!

Sassy_Chick
03-02-2011, 01:27 PM
Aw Cristina :hug: I hope you do come back. I still check in here.