Old 01-18-2011, 05:10 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 323/311/160

Height: 5'6"

Default Back and now married!

Ugh, I can't believe I went off plan again. I seem to lose 20 pounds and always go back up at least 10. It's a cycle... however I know what pushes the cycle... getting stressed out and "not caring" for awhile until I catch what I'm doing, or my jeans feel a little tight... This time it was the jeans... my size 12s that I bought when I had gotten myself down to about 175 were starting to get snuuug at the waist and I've been avoiding wearing them! Bad sign! Get back on track!

I posted in the weight loss support about some trouble I'm having with my husband not wanting me to lose more weight, even though I am intent to. That is one annoying issue... however in a way even though he is not being supportive of my effort, he is unintentionally supporting me in other ways... such as he does not like fast food, and he detests sodas, so I've gone cold turkey on those things for the past few weeks since our wedding and now living together, and it's great (let me tell you the caffeine headaches were baaaad at first!) I am also much less likely to binge when someone else is around, and my husband being around in the evenings is so helpful for that. Also, half his work is out of the home, so that is nice because he doesn't have to often leave me alone with the cookies I bake for him.

Anyhow, I have internet again, so I'm hoping to be around back here. I think I will weigh myself once a week to keep on some sort of schedule, and do a slight type of calorie counting in my head because I don't have the patience to use Spark People anymore even though it was nice to be accurate to the dot I will go back to eating between 1200 and 1600 calories a day... I also want to reduce my snacking on the bad food that my husband eats. Ugh.

Hi ladies!
Everlasting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 05:19 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Welcome back and congratulations on your marriage.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 05:31 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 165/144.8/135

Height: 5'2

My husband doesn't want me to lose any more weight either. I just assure him that it is healthy for me and I"m not going to look THAT different 11lbs lighter. In my case...I think he is just afraid I will lose what's left of my little chest and my HUGE a$$, which isn't going anywhere lol! Just stick to your plan and remind him that you are doing it to be healthy and feel positive about your body! CONGRATS on your recent marriage BTW! I'm 9 months in to mine

Last edited by LindsB; 01-18-2011 at 05:32 PM.
LindsB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 06:34 PM   #4  
Working it out!

S/C/G: 219/ticker/135

Height: 5'4'

Welcome back and Congratulations on getting married!!!

Way to hold yourself accountable and recognize the issue before it gets out of hand! =)
Krizstyling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 09:02 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 323/311/160

I wish my husband would stop asking me to bake cookies though. I understand that he likes to eat them, but I don't want them in the house!!! Especially when there are so many. I'm going to send a big tray of them to his business meeting with him tomorrow morning.

I can't wait to see if there is anybody still around here from when I dropped off the face of the earth back around May, and see their progress!
Everlasting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 08:29 AM   #6  

S/C/G: highest 191/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Welcome back! I was part of your Biggest Loser group! Glad you are back! I'm excited to hear of your marriage! Don't let him derail your diet. Tell him that you are doing this for you and its important to you to be healthy.

My hubby also always tells me that I need to stop losing and I was perfect the way i was. But I'm not doing this for him.
jenn33082 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 08:43 AM   #7  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Congrats on getting married and welcome back!

DH may not think I need to lose weight, but understands I'm not thrilled with where I'm at. For me though, it's about implementing a more healthy lifestyle for BOTH of our sakes, which is why he is supportive in the end.
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 08:46 PM   #8  
You can DOOO IT!

S/C/G: 223/*ticker*/150

congratulations on your wedding! A lot of us are still here

I'm getting married in 10 months. Any good advice?
misstraveller is offline   Reply With Quote